Well, it was bound to happen eventually, a WEC license I mean.

The problem is that if this is a 2018-2019 license (the so-called "Super Season"), it's probably going to be the worst possible time to pick the license up. With only 1 OEM in the LMP1-H class (Toyota) and a bunch of LMP1-P cars that can't possibly compete with them, this has been one of the least interesting seasons so far, since the Gr.C drought in the early '90s.

Considering how sassy the ACO is at Porsche and Audi, I don't think they will license a pre-2018 game.

Wow!. So now we have ACC coming next month, rF2 with more laser scanned tracks on their way, Dakar 2018 if you like off-road, now GTR3... so time to plan ahead and start saving "some beers" if you know what I mean, :laugh:;).

Definitely good news!

For the moment we only know:
FIA World Endurance Championship

As it started in 2012 ... might it cover all seasons until 2018 ? this would be the interesting surprise ! ;)
but ???? .... we can only wait to know more

Showing a car in your announcement that doesn't even run in the series you've licenced (as had to be pointed out to me because I didn't realize it by myself) is an odd move iin my book. Regardless, I'm generally looking forward to a sim with a full WEC licence, and we'll see how well SimBin will be able to flesh everything out.

The only issue I see is that the WEC only runs six tracks, and while they are quite varied, it is a very low number. I hope SimBin can figure something out to bump that up by a few more tracks - maybe the WEC unrelated car in the announcement hints to something more than "just" WEC.

Interesting. A shame that the WEC is dying a death, certainly in the LMP1 category with VW group pulling out, thus Toyota the only remaining hybrid making it effectively a 1 horse race whilst the rest may as well be LMP1.5...

I won't hold my breath on it being a proper successor to GTR2 the FIA GT Championship game, probably more like the other "multi purpose" "sims" we've been offered in recent years.

But I will keep an eye out and stand ready to be corrected.
Yeah but it means it'll be the perfect basis to get a 2020 WEC game with all the news LMP1s/GTPs

• Deleted member 241736

good to have another great racing-sim competitor on the floor. GTR3 will hopefully have another customer philosophy than KUNOS. They change it with the main focus on bucks to earn and criticism is hard to handle for them

Announcing official WEC game with a picture of 911 GT3 R (model and skins probably from Sector3) instead of RSR GTE, something doesn't add up :roflmao:

Those Z4 screenshots don't really make much sense either now.

Gonna rustle some jimmies in hinting that Simbin missed out on the Blancpain route and had to switch to FIA WEC. Why isn't FIA WEC commenting anything at the same time? It's all very weird.

Well, as ACC brands itself as "The offical Blancpain GT series game", I think other series which are not related to Blancpain will be hard to include due to licensing. I think they will add the Lamborghini Supertrofeo as it was already in AC and races together with a couple of Blancpain races. But I don't see anything more coming there...
They could add Blancpain Asia, as that is still Blancpain. And as Blancpain is owned by SRO, other SRO series' could be added such as British GT and so on.

Those Z4 screenshots don't really make much sense either now.

Gonna rustle some jimmies in hinting that Simbin missed out on the Blancpain route and had to switch to FIA WEC. Why isn't FIA WEC commenting anything at the same time? It's all very weird.
Yeah it is super strange, I don't understand an announcement for a WEC game that features screens of cars from two different championships and the car doesn't even feature in the WEC series - assuming that it is a 911 GT3 and not a 2016 RSR GTE...

What i don´t get is why everyone is just talking about LMP1 and that we don´t have Audi and Porsche in the 2018 saison. We still have an highly competitive LMP2 field and an even better GTE field, wich in my opinion is the best part of the WEC.

The only problem I see are the few tracks we will get with the Super Saison!

Directly from their site (Simbin UK):
"GTR3 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed GTR FIA Racing series, coming to PC and next generation consoles. Enter the world of a professional GT racing driver, across the world in Endurance racing championships."

Across the world in endurance isn't the same as World Endurance Championship. Are we sure something didn't get mixed up in translation and people might have misread something?

Certainly as there is nothing that shows up on the internet that brings out this news except RD. Not on FIA WEC, not on Simbin themselves, nothing. Just that little screenshot...1 screenshot.

No Im not excited for WEC... but for IMSA and as far as I can see in the thumbnail we will have IMSA aswell. Really excited as Blancpain and IMSA are my favorite racing serieses and for both of them there will soon be video game title

Like I said when I posted this in Reddit... looks fake. Maybe the game appearing is real but not exactly a WEC license.
Would be amazing if true tho. This is a license I wish rF2 would have together with IMSA but I know would be too good to be true.
I wish they'd make more clear what we should buy exactly. GTR3? RaceRoom? What content will be in one game and not in the other?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back