GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 1 @Halle-Saale - Tue 4th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Halle-Saale-Schleife ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 10 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 7: Points to be awarded for completion of the race 1st place gets 30 points right down to 1 point for 30th place
We have 2 races per event so a double win can get you 60 points, there are no points awarded for fastest lap or pole position. But you must finish the race to claim your points.

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Rene van Zijp #65
  4. Yves Larose #41
  5. Tim Ling #427
  6. Guus Verver #86
  7. Matt O'Brien #12
  8. Jacob Boonstra #70
  9. Steven Walker #475
  10. Warren Schembri #23
  11. Jack Smith #33
  12. Jorge Ferreira#105
  13. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  14. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  15. Paulo Borges #550
  16. Dave Flower #69
  17. Simon Bacon #92
  18. Brian Harlow #53
  19. Markus Hakamo #969
  20. Antonio Tavares #964
  21. Tony Wiltshire #57
  22. Andreas Löffler #936
  23. Neil Gault #27
  24. Hans Sneep #63
  25. Anthony Levene #909
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Knut Omdal Tveito #44
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Great to see an almost full field already for this, thankyou all for signing up.

Just seen this and I thought I'd mention it here - many GTL Club members have RACE 07 too - so why not try to get more cross club activity going, the people into Retro Race 07 might be interested in GTL Events and anyone who likes GTL is bound to like the Race 07 Retro events - Win for both Clubs ! NOTE THOUGH - the Race 07 Retro AND Power Expansions are required - Mid Ohio Track is in the Power Expansion which adds Mid Ohio and Chayka Tracks as well as the Zonda R, M3 GT2 and Matech GT1 to Race 07.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ne-saturday-8th-june-2013.70359/#post-1453840

Great to see an almost full field already for this, thankyou all for signing up.

Just seen this and I thought I'd mention it here - many GTL Club members have RACE 07 too - so why not try to get more cross club activity going, the people into Retro Race 07 might be interested in GTL Events and anyone who likes GTL is bound to like the Race 07 Retro events - Win for both Clubs ! NOTE THOUGH - the Race 07 Retro AND Power Expansions are required - Mid Ohio Track is in the Power Expansion which adds Mid Ohio and Chayka Tracks as well as the Zonda R, M3 GT2 and Matech GT1 to Race 07.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ne-saturday-8th-june-2013.70359/#post-1453840

Dave Flower , I would like to try out Retro but weekends are rare so will chill with a beer and I think Saturday night is a tough call for most people. There are very few sign ups for the events maybe move to a week day night not Tues or Thurs when GTL is on track.

We tried out Retro and the attendance was low to non-existent. It didn't really stand much of a chance with the limited car selection and I can't say it was anything special.
Deleted it of my HD several weeks ago.

I Hope all remember that will so many cars on track your breaking point will differ as you go into the first corner. The further to the rear the sooner you will have to break..
No last of the late breakers please.

So on the first lap to all drivers
There is probably enough room for 2 sided by side.. so don't expect to be diving up the inside.
and leaving the cars on the outside no were to go.
If your on the inside hold the inside line through the corner if your on the outside hold your line around the outside.

You cant win the race in the first corner but you can loose all,
So please think about this.:)

Like Paul, saturday night to me is a tough night for racing.

However I did try a couple of those events a while ago. And although some of the cars are absolutely good fun to drive, the amount of grip they have is VERY different from GTL and setup options are quite limited, IIRC there's not even gearing options on some cars.

On top of that: of the four races I started, twice I got smashed out of the race within a few laps. Not on purpose of course, but still.. I did actually win one race too, but TBH I gave up on it after that. Maybe I'm just spoiled though, expecting GTL Club - like behaviour on track everywhere..:unsure:

I had another "Lost Connection" during a league race last night. These are becoming too frequent. In July I change my ISP from a BT copper cable to Virgin Media's Fibre Optic broadband. I'm hoping that this fixes my dropout problem.
Hope I don't get one tonight but it is likely :unsure:

I've had a lot of disconnects as well Tony Wiltshire, though I'm on Orange broadband. Moving over to Virgin Media too, on the 22nd June. I've tried re-starting the router, re-starting the pc and ensuring there are no un-necessary background programs running, but I still get disconnects from GTL. Whenever it happens TeamSpeak is still running, so the problem is with the connection to the GTL server & lobby :(

Tony Wiltshire

I'd recommend to disable the following before joining the server:

- anti-virus and firewall software (You'll be safe anyway, believe me)
- windows automatic updates

There are a lot more things you can do to improve the stability of your online connection, but that would be for another topic. Oh, and close all browser windows, MSN and Skype while on the server.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back