How to switch from Simbin to Altbierbude lobby

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
  3. Launch GTL
  4. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  5. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  6. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password
Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
  3. In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
  4. Launch GTL
  5. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  6. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  7. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Hey Knut - nice work with all that above - I'll have a go on my end when I get home from my holibobs.

One thing I remember that was more than a touch messy when this all went tits up last time was how to get our dedi servers to show up in thenew/different/whatever lobby.

I'm sure you've tried that out already, but if not, do give it a go, as last time it was the trickiest bit.

Hey Knut - nice work with all that above - I'll have a go on my end when I get home from my holibobs.

One thing I remember that was more than a touch messy when this all went tits up last time was how to get our dedi servers to show up in thenew/different/whatever lobby.

I'm sure you've tried that out already, but if not, do give it a go, as last time it was the trickiest bit.
I tried and failed yes:) I didn't want to mess up anything on the server so only tried the steps above. I can launch the server but not with "broadcast from lobby". But thankfully Roland has offered to run the event on his server which we already tested and works (thanks again mate:thumbsup:).

Hello,
Thank's for solution but not work's for me.
I have the DVD version, I created a file with LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt with in gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de goal that did not work.
I have a error message : IMPOSSIBLE CONNECTING TO SERVER

One thing that has helped a few people is to re-register a couple of times (or several times!). Try different Usernames and Passwords and see if it works or if the error message changes:
  • If you get "cannot connect to server" or similar, it is still searching for the Simbin lobby.
  • If you get "server error: general error" it means you have switched to Altbierbude but you typed a wrong Username/Password or the Username is already taken by someone else.
It is possible you have to do more changes with the DVD version. I will look around a little more and get back to you if I find more things you can try.

Thank you!
but I m trying to register several times and always the message
can not connect to server.
I'll look at the side of the host file, it is possible that it works!
Here is one thing you can try:

• Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\
  • Open the file hosts in a text editor.
  • Add this line to the end of the file: 87.106.79.180 gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de
  • If it doesn't work try this instead: 87.106.79.180 www.gtl-server.net

It must restart the computer in the meantime?
I also did a ping via the command prompt on the domain name below:

ping www.gtlsrv.race-game.com
I get an ip address which is not the same as you.
Is this normal?
Because nothing works
Thank's :)

www.gtlsrv.race-game.com - This is the Simbin lobby
www.gtl-server.net - This is the Altbierbude lobby

So if you tried www.gtlsrv.race-game.com you should get a different IP from the Altbierbude. And a restart doesn't hurt!

If this didn't work, I'm running out of ideas unfortunately. But will keep looking of course

Warren Dawes

Premium
Knut, is there any chance Altbierbude have changed the address of their Lobby since we last used it?
Looking at their website, I can see a few different Addresses depending on what applications are running (eg. different cars), but I don't know if these are only for their own on-line events.

Knut, is there any chance Altbierbude have changed the address of their Lobby since we last used it?
Looking at their website, I can see a few different Addresses depending on what applications are running (eg. different cars), but I don't know if these are only for their own on-line events.
Do you mean IP or the "www" type address? I've seen 2-3 different www type adresses but they all point to the same IP it seems. Could be worth a try though. Got a link?

They got a new IP a few years ago and I'm quite sure this is the new one.

I can confirm that Knut's first instruction set, aimed at the digital version, works for me with the DVD-version of the game, both on Windows XP Pro and Windows 7-64bit (using the starforce fix). It connects me to the Buden lobby instantly.

The alternative instructions however, aimed at the DVD-version do NOT work for me.
The mere presence of a LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt file makes the game refuse to connect, regardless of what's in it.

For this I have made no changes to my hosts file, but for f****'s sake I've tried adding various IP adresses to my hosts file (some mentioned here and some bogus ones) but that didn't change anything for me.

On a side note: a PING command to gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de returns IP 176.31.225.66 to me, while a ping to 87.106.79.180 gets me no response (not like that would mean anything of course :O_o:)

Warren Dawes

Premium
Do you mean IP or the "www" type address? I've seen 2-3 different www type adresses but they all point to the same IP it seems. Could be worth a try though. Got a link?

They got a new IP a few years ago and I'm quite sure this is the new one.

I was referring to the "www" type addresses.
I don't really understand what is going on with that LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt file anymore. It seems strange that the old lobby is gone but there doesn't seem to be any further updates / info from the GTL Communities.:(

EDIT: I tried to find a link to the topic where I saw the references to other Addresses, but for some strange reason I cannot find it anymore. :confused:
Here is the only link I can find now even remotely similar, don't think it helps us much though:
http://www.altbierbude.de/component...temid,99/func,view/id,59563/catid,43/lang,en/

So after trying fore 4 ours getting in the bierbude server I am at the end of possibilities,
using don't now how many dif name''s an pass words they only sing I get "register fails could not connect to the server"
Please Help ...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 104 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 146 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 89 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 47 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 53 9.6%