GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 1 @Halle-Saale - Tue 4th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Halle-Saale-Schleife ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 10 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 7: Points to be awarded for completion of the race 1st place gets 30 points right down to 1 point for 30th place
We have 2 races per event so a double win can get you 60 points, there are no points awarded for fastest lap or pole position. But you must finish the race to claim your points.

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Rene van Zijp #65
  4. Yves Larose #41
  5. Tim Ling #427
  6. Guus Verver #86
  7. Matt O'Brien #12
  8. Jacob Boonstra #70
  9. Steven Walker #475
  10. Warren Schembri #23
  11. Jack Smith #33
  12. Jorge Ferreira#105
  13. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  14. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  15. Paulo Borges #550
  16. Dave Flower #69
  17. Simon Bacon #92
  18. Brian Harlow #53
  19. Markus Hakamo #969
  20. Antonio Tavares #964
  21. Tony Wiltshire #57
  22. Andreas Löffler #936
  23. Neil Gault #27
  24. Hans Sneep #63
  25. Anthony Levene #909
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Knut Omdal Tveito #44
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

so.. a Points Table,eh? Nice!:cool:

I had such good fun last night, it still makes me smile thinking back at it.:)
Being fast in a FWD car is not something I have mastered yet (got the laptimes to prove it :D ) but overall I did just fine.

My Q1 time, although close to my personal best, only got me into 12th.
A good start and some others' misfortune saw me rise up to 5th pretty quick chasing Matt. Got a bit overeager going up the hill towards the long cobbly right-hander, went in too hot and spun into the hay bales. Only suffered slightly bent steering, so continued in 9th, now chased by Steven getting closer every lap. Eventually Steven got past me, but then he did exactly what I did before going on to the cobbles so then had a lonely cruise to the finish in 9th.

I ballsed up Q2, spinning off in my outlap, engine dead :( . I was not alone though and started in 21st.
But really, I shouldn't have started this race at all...
Instead I should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket, I'd most likely be rich by now..:roflmao:

But I did.. and you know what happened?
From starting in 21st right behind Guus we both had excellent starts, I was up to 16th by Turn 1, into 10th afer Lap 1, and into 4th halfway lap 2 after a Turn 3 accident happened in front...
And much to my surprise I was actually closing in on Antonio and Paulo in front, while Anthony in the lead was already so far ahead I couldn't see him. He had an unfortunate crash though placing me onto the virtual podium..
But it got even better...

Despite my laptimes being nowhere near what I'd seen others do in praccy and Q2, around halfway in to the race I actually managed to overtake both Antonio an Paulo in a multi-lap very close & clean battle, thus grabbing the lead..
With that kind of pressure on I usually make my mandatory once-every-race stupid mistake but this time I didn't. I DIDN'T!! Can you believe that I actually won race 2??! I couldn't!:confused::confused:

In theory, I should quit now as it won't get any better than this.. Yeah right, like hell I will, this is so much fun!!:laugh::roflmao:

I very much want to thank everyone present last night as such a field of scirocco's was an impressive sight.:inlove:
And thanks to Customs Compagneros for their Mod, it's a true gem, and for their permission to make skins.
Special thanks to Rupe of course for making these skins, and other hard work for this series. I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy it as much as we do.:thumbsup:

Antonio Tavares: Very well said sir, I agree with you 100%.

Tony Wiltshire : Good thing your conection held up! I have VIA onboard mobo soundcard, and the in-game number of effects set at 16 (default I think) but I have no sound issues like you describe so that might not be the (only) cause. Maybe reducing the "Other car volume" slider? I have my sliders at 0%, 30%, 30%, 66%, 101%, 100%, 100%, 120%. Or maybe that sound fix will work for you.

CYA next time!
sciroc2.jpg

sciroc1.jpg

First online race in almost for a year, I seem to be a bit rusty but it was good be racing finally :) Thanks all and for Rupe organizing!

Race 1 qualified 13th, first lap was ok, lost a position in T1 but then climbed up few when other had problems. I was second car after Yves who run into lagging car main straight and went airborne. After that I had bad steering problems and the rest of the race was just survival. Few laps before the finish I already thought it was done, but Rupe was closing fast and I could do nothing to stop him passing by. Finished 13th.

Race 2 again not too impressing qualy lap eithed, 13th again. Start was ok but in Lap 1 T5 (tight left hander) I chose inside line at last moment and consequently missed my braking point a bit giving a tap for Jacob, I let him go though. But that wasn't enough, the next corner we saw someone sideways. I managed to avoid him, did not slow down enough and tapped Jack Smith spinning us both. I thought I let him pass me but from the replay I saw it was actually Matt who had similar painting in his car, sorry about that :(

Couple of laps I tried to keep Rupe behind but he was just too fast. Again there was some (too) late line choices in braking zones, I guess I need to ijudge distances better next time...

When trying to stay with Rupe I did brake too late in T1, there was nice escape route, but Jack got past in the process. Both Rupe and Jack went to horizon but then 1 and half lap before the end Rupe went wide in T3 and I got right behind. For 1 lap I tried hard to catch him but last lap was tried too hard in T4, rear went grass on exit and I totally lost it. Also Tony passed me, so I ended up 8th to cross the finish line.

Jorge Ferreira You signed up for the event but didn't show up ,,
But you was on the Limerock mountain server later with no explanation for your absence for this race..:(
If you sign up i expect you to be there or a quick post to say your not attending:)

Rupe you're right. I all I signed was to do. but unfortunately I can not always be present ..
whenever I can I will be there, I promise. :)

Guys if your having problems installing the mod

you have installed the origanl mod
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download )

install the origain mod then delete all the folders from #1 to #892
11.jpg
then install the link i sent you

and let it overwrite
let me know how you get on
dont panic it does work:)

I've had no probs installing the cars or the track. The readme for the physics update says the "sway bars" (anti-roll bars?) should read in whole metric units and the handbrake should work (scirocco mk 1). Well the h/brake works but anti-roll bars are still measured in inches. So I'm still doing something wrong????

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%