GTC-TC-76 : VW Scirocco GR2 Series Round 1 @Halle-Saale - Tue 4th June 2013

Scirocco-series.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 VW Scirocco GR2 ( Download ) +Update ( Download ) + (liveries) You will be given a link to the download on signing up for the event
Track: Halle-Saale-Schleife ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 10 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 10 laps )

Note 1: Only use the special skins that have been had made for this event please.
Note 2: If you sign up on the night please state which skin number you would like to use
#53 #176 #720 #109 #969 #550 #384 #105 #936 Skins can be viewed HERE
Note 3: Signed up members will get priority over the driver slots.
Note 4: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 5: We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 6: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. AndThe kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 7: Points to be awarded for completion of the race 1st place gets 30 points right down to 1 point for 30th place
We have 2 races per event so a double win can get you 60 points, there are no points awarded for fastest lap or pole position. But you must finish the race to claim your points.

How to install the Series Cars HERE

Server password: click here

Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson #68
  2. Paul Bennett #28
  3. Rene van Zijp #65
  4. Yves Larose #41
  5. Tim Ling #427
  6. Guus Verver #86
  7. Matt O'Brien #12
  8. Jacob Boonstra #70
  9. Steven Walker #475
  10. Warren Schembri #23
  11. Jack Smith #33
  12. Jorge Ferreira#105
  13. Roland Warmenhoven #71
  14. Bjorn Spierenburg #13
  15. Paulo Borges #550
  16. Dave Flower #69
  17. Simon Bacon #92
  18. Brian Harlow #53
  19. Markus Hakamo #969
  20. Antonio Tavares #964
  21. Tony Wiltshire #57
  22. Andreas Löffler #936
  23. Neil Gault #27
  24. Hans Sneep #63
  25. Anthony Levene #909
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Knut Omdal Tveito #44
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

We don't normally have points for a series but as there were a few asking for it.

YOU GOT IT :)
Each round will give you points, As you can see the points go from 30 down to 1 for each place
You have to finish the race to get points. we have 2 races per event so you can build up a nice tally just by finishing.

Tony Wiltshire.. thanks will look and adjust if neccesary .. still getting to grips with a spredsheet:redface:

Tony Wiltshire.
The table on the right side in blue, is just to show how the points are worked out.. :)
look on the left it gives you your position and the green table on the right is your score

but i need to adjust a couple of score thanks for the heads up:thumbsup:

oh and Tony Wiltshire can you change your ingame name please, We all use our real names,
you need to have Tony Wiltshire as you name please when entering our servers..
you need to change your profile name in game, the one used to get online can be anything you like...

Tony Wiltshire.
The table on the right side in blue, is just to show how the points are worked out.. :)
look on the left it gives you your position and the green table on the right is your score

but i need to adjust a couple of score thanks for the heads up:thumbsup:

oh and Tony Wiltshire can you change your ingame name please, We all use our real names,
you need to have Tony Wiltshire as you name please when entering our servers..
you need to change your profile name in game, the one used to get online can be anything you like...
Sure, I meant to do that, honest. Is there a smart way of retaining W Tony settings but having T Wiltshire as my ingame name?

Race 1 was surprisingly good for me. Qualified 11th, took it easy into T1, then benefitted from others misfortunes and found myself in 5th :O_o:. Tonio & Markus soon got passed, then Andreas tried to pass me at the last s-bend over the rails. This made me nervous, so I let him past too. Now in 8th, I just tried to keep it steady, and for once I did :thumbsup: Very happy with 8th

Race 2, wasn't good, and I'n not sure why :( Q12, but had again made a few places due to others misfortunes. Going into the loop near the end, I had to break unexpectedly to avoid someone spinning. Jack very lightly tapped me, as he was caught out too, but the car felt ok. Then going over the railway lines as I had done loads of times before, the rear snapped round. I hit a concrete block & caught fire.:cry:

Jee, first overall position! Didn't see that coming, I had no idea in first place that there would be points...but it's a good thing I guess, as it will allow me to adjust my strategy for the upcoming races, since there are much faster drivers than me.

I had two good races, even if this time I knew the first positions were out of my reach since the practice and qualifying times were so fast. I must say that FWD aren't my "cup of tea"...

In race 1, a bad start sent me to the middle of the grid, and lost some places in turn 1 also due to being over cautious there. Still, I managed to recover some positions during the race, and that made it an enjoyable race due to the battles for positions. I managed to finish in 7th position.

Race 2, another bad start (for a change...), but a very good battle until finish. In first laps I was able to climb to 2nd position, profiting from accidents and mistakes of the cars ahead me, and found myself behind Paulo Borges who had got the lead. Roland was behind me lapping faster and closing the gap, so I was at the same time trying to close on Paulo and looking back to see when Roland would make a move. Didn't took him much time, he passed me and also Paulo after a while. By the last laps I was able to close the gap on Paulo, and passed him in the last lap.

I fully agree with Rupe's remarks about mistakes, to say sorry & wait, rules. Despite being pleasantly surprised to see all cars go through Turn 1 ok, after that I saw some unnecessary divebombing into some corners, especially in the 90º left hander and the following corner. In my opinion, without a justifiable reason, even because the long straight and the braking into Turn 1 provided a much safer overtaking opportunity.
Despite points being involved in results, they won't contribute to better sponsorships or prize money, and the only thing we take with us after the race is the opinion of our fellow drivers. And popularity isn't measured by race results, it is measured by one's ability to follow the rules, not spoiling other races and being involved in fair battles which is what this sim is about. To me, the popular driver, that is, the driver I love to race with, is the one that, when he is behind me, I don't have to think "better slow down let him pass at the first opportunity, or he'll ruin both our races in a kamikaze attempt". BTW, grats Roland for race 2 - impeccable driving there mate !;)

A BIG thanks to Rupe for taking the time to organize and manage so well this amazing virtual event. oh, and just one more thing, please bear with me:
Rupe didn't qualify in any of the races - I guess he didn't had the time, because he was so busy reminding basic rules to some drivers...I think the minimum to expect when we sign up for these kind of events is that we read the rules and conditions first, and have them present when we go to the track. May I suggest a formula for signing up for these events? Instead of "Rupe pls sign me in", why don't we use "Rupe, I'VE READ all the event and general racing rules, pls sign me in."

Well said Antonio..:thumbsup:
Im sure the next race will see things a little more relaxed with all drivers. In practice we drive at a comfortable speed but in a race we drive on the limit allot more and mistakes happen, Drivers soon realise that by driving to there own limit they get a much better finish and a full race.

I will be keeping an eye on things and warning have been given to drivers already,

As for the points, this was only introduced after a small bombardment of request after the race from a few people to add a bit of excitement into it, and a strategy, and it was also pointed out to me that this also might make the driver think a bit more and stop the win it or bin it drive.. As the points will add up over the weeks.

Sorry if it was short notice but nobody knew before hand it would happen..
i said it was to much work but got my arm twisted and was promised candy..:rolleyes:

Now where is my candy..:p

that was a fun event even if it wasn't my best results or driving :redface: Guus Verver i looked at the replay of my bolt move before i crashed and i can say i could have pulled it off it was just a question of really knowing where you were on the track. when we entered the esses just like i though at the time i was going to hit you at the first apex so i corrected my line after the second apex i huged the interior too much cause i wanted to leave you room in fact it was too much room (almost a car wide between us) and thats whats caused me to loose the rear and what i crashed to was a marshal or a RV camera stand :roflmao:

thanks Rupe and RD for the event and thanks to everybody who was at the event. :thumbsup:

I think you can create the new profile Tony Wiltshire and then just copy your old plr file across, just rename it to the same name as your new profile ..

We dont have a qually replay it does not record that,
i will upload the server replay of the races later,
you can change your plr file setting to get each replay saved in your own machine.

found HERE

Name changed and tested online.

BTW last night on the grid my sound died but recovered once the number of cars around me reduced. I have checked the in-game audio settings and it looks as though I can only go up to 16 as the numbers above that are in white numerals. My soundcard is just what came with the mobo. Any recommendations either to a fix or for an add on sound card would be gratefully received.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%