AC GT3's @ Algarve/Portimao - Sun 28th July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's mega, coming down the hill and staying flat into the left hander. Love watching Chris Harris abusing cars around there.

I had a quick go last night, literally 5 laps is all i could manage, its like 29degrees in that room and using VR I am melting!
The track is one of my absolute favorites(with VIR, and Road Atlanta). The way you can approach every corner in completely different way makes it really fun and interesting.

Hope for all of you guys, that the heat wave calms down for the weekend. Here I'm kinda safe, even tho' it's been 28-30c here all week, the Finnish summer can hit you with 13c and raining the next day or even snowfall(wouldn't be the first time that happened). Just gotta' love the finnish summer :D

@jayk and @pattikins I feel for you guys. Here in the southern part of the US, I've had my AC go out upstairs where I have my pc and the temps in my room were between 88 - 94 F° or 31 - 34C° not to mention that our humidity is generally between 60 - 85% during the summer. I couldn't help but think of a video I came across from Jimmy B and it's only 6 laps at Brands:confused::confused: Anyway, watch a little of it and jump to the end if you want. Pretty funny imo:D
I love this guy Bobby, such amazing inspiration, especially under his circumstances:) Thanks for reminding me!:thumbsup:

The track is one of my absolute favorites(with VIR, and Road Atlanta). The way you can approach every corner in completely different way makes it really fun and interesting.

Hope for all of you guys, that the heat wave calms down for the weekend. Here I'm kinda safe, even tho' it's been 28-30c here all week, the Finnish summer can hit you with 13c and raining the next day or even snowfall(wouldn't be the first time that happened). Just gotta' love the finnish summer :D
Dude, you and the Ambassador @Celtic Pharaoh need to get a place together in Finnishland and get the Swedish Bikini Team to come over for some hot tub fun:):) We'll never leave:D
th

@JoelK I know I've had to back out of the 2 races I signed up for so far and I thank you for understanding. One class of cars I would like to see, I realize it might not be good for Sunday so I may need to ask @Craig Dunkley about it, is some Group C cars at some of the bigger tracks like Spa, Mugello, Monza, Road America, LefreakingMans:inlove::inlove::inlove: and so on and so forth.

Anyway, I've hijacked the race thread with complete nonsense and Tomfoolery so I'll just kind of duck out of here before the bullets start flying and hitting me. Watch that guy @Medilloni . He's one sneaky, fast old dude;):)

@JoelK I know I've had to back out of the 2 races I signed up for so far and I thank you for understanding. One class of cars I would like to see, I realize it might not be good for Sunday so I may need to ask @Craig Dunkley about it, is some Group C cars at some of the bigger tracks like Spa, Mugello, Monza, Road America, LefreakingMans:inlove::inlove::inlove: and so on and so forth.

Anyway, I've hijacked the race thread with complete nonsense and Tomfoolery so I'll just kind of duck out of here before the bullets start flying and hitting me. Watch that guy @Medilloni . He's one sneaky, fast old dude;):)
I got some Group C coming soon™ :whistling:

Just doing a few laps and had several lines into the right hander which you approach at high speed and it then tightens, its like 180 been. Really enjoyed trying different lines and techniques through, its probably the toughest corner for me to keep the cars balance right.

Well good news, its 24 deg in the house today, its like the heating has been turned off haha.

You know we can't unsee this don't you:O_o::cautious: I think it's just part of your evil plan to take over the world:roflmao:

Btw, have you tried the 650 in ACC?
Haha, that's what people used to say when it first came out on Monty Python Bobby, it was 'Something Completely Different' back then:laugh:

Have had ACC for months now, only had time to use it for about 20 minutes though. I'm a f***ing slow learner, still trying to get my head 'round AC... after 2 years ffs:roflmao:

View attachment 316165 This week we're going to Portimao for a ride in this rollercoaster of a track with the GT3's.

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 PRACTICE #12
  • Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 RACE #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

Track: Algarve International Circuit (Download here)
Pit stop:
Mandatory
Track Temps: 23-26c
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (Download here)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying LMP: 19:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (75minutes)

Entry List - 30 Slots

1. [COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)]JoelK[/COLOR] - R8
  2. Jani1980 - GT-R
  3. Raresch - R8 # 29
  4. Medilloni - 650s
  5. jayk - 650s
  6. TheLeftPanel - 650s
  7. Chris Down - 650s
  8. Craig Dunkley - TBD
  9. johndough247 - (Maybe) TBD
  10. pattikins - SCG
  11. HF2000 - (Maybe) 911
  12. GEO147 - 650s
  13. Free Slot
  14. Free Slot
Please vote on the poll to have influence on the upcoming event :thumbsup:

UTP#21 JK
ok, I´m looking forward to join you, not interested on having a chat over here. Limited english, but willing to join you. steamID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/gascore99/

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.