• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU GT3's @ Algarve/Portimao - Sun 28th July 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by JoelK, Jul 21, 2019.

1. GT3 @ Bathurst

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. Multiclass(Porsche 919 & GT3) @ Nurburgring

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. Multiclass(LMP1 & LMP3 & GT3) @ Road America

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. GT3 @ VIR

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Added to Calendar: 28-07-19
  1. JoelK

JoelK
    AC Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    Welcome aboard:thumbsup: @johndough247 I put you down as a maybe for now :)

2. jayk

jayk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    I've driven this circuit once about a year ago when I first downloaded it. Have no specific setup either, its just generic.

Everyone should just join in the fun, don't get hung up on specifically learning or being fast or setting up for it, most of the fun battles are mid pack, or at the back anyways :D - A 20 min practice is enough to get an idea of the track.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HF2000

HF2000
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    Hi Joel, Can you sign me in as a maybe too with the 911? I don't know if I can make it on time. If there aren't any slots available anymore, you can give mine to someone else. Or you can put me on the reservelist right away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +162
    Sorry only seeing this now. Didn't get notification. Cheers John .

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +355
    Just went on the server for a play, beautiful track, no Hermann Tilke borefest here:p

Guys, a stonking circuit.... I understand, it just slipped your mind:whistling::D:
    @Bobby Pennington
    @Ken Bell
    @Aksu
    @Trebucht
    @Kek700
    @Ronnie Böhme
    @Asterix
    @Spilskinanka
    @RobertR1
    @Henri Sinik
    @alpebo
    @Daniel Nieto
    @Jaime Carretero
    @Celtic Pharaoh
    @Michael Owens
    @r!ver_cz
    @GEO147
    @durielk
    @SOLO59
    @marek2209
    @Anders Jensen
    @Maciej Strzeboński
    @Dennis Manke
    @Pe Ha

I'm no great shakes with setups, though if anyone wants a couple for the 650S - I've two that give fairly decent times... for me anyway:p Just shout if you want them.

• Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  6. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +162
    Sorry Joel if I wasn't clear that I want in with 650. I was just joking about the setup and I'm a certainty in the 650 please .

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Ronnie Böhme

Ronnie Böhme
    UTC +2 Premium

Ratings:
    +281
    I'd love to, but I'm not available that Sunday :cry:

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,804
    @Medilloni thanks for the mention. This is an awesome circuit that I love to drive. I would love to join you and @Chris Down with team 650S, but I'm still a little under the weather. I'm definitely on the other side of this last issue. I loved your comment about sharing a setup if Chris did:laugh::laugh:. Good to see you guys promoting and joking in the race threads. Now, if we were allowed to share lap times, I'd post some of mine to really get you boys laughing :D Watch that fast 4th / 5th gear right handed corner after the left handed hotel hairpin turn. She can be a bitty through there if your suspension/ down force / brake bias aren't in harmony. Have fun and keep the shiny side up:thumbsup:

• Love Love x 3
  9. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +162
    I'm still not on the list :thumbsdown:

10. JoelK

JoelK
    AC Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +504
    I was at work and just got home, so I wasn't able to sign you up, but now you're in :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. marek2209

marek2209
    Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    I really like this track, but I won't make it on Sunday :(
    Have fun guys :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +483
    Saturday and Sundays are all taken up for me now, not able to get home in time Sunday, at least for the time being.
    Thank you for the mention though.:thumbsup:

I would have really liked a bash at this circuit, finding a lot of enjoyment of late in learning new circuits.

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Raresch

Raresch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    I went on this track yesterday night to learn it and it scared me :confused::confused: the braking zone downhill on the back straight is just nuts ... you don't see anything and you have to also remember to brake, instead of saying: BRACE YOURSELF. YOU'RE GONNA FALL.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 4
  14. jayk

jayk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    It's mega, coming down the hill and staying flat into the left hander. Love watching Chris Harris abusing cars around there.

I had a quick go last night, literally 5 laps is all i could manage, its like 29degrees in that room and using VR I am melting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Raresch

Raresch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    Don't know where you are from, but 29 degrees Celsius is acceptable in the summer in the city :)) ... didn't test with VR, thou ... funny how different cities and countries have different measures for how hot it is :))

• Like Like x 1
  16. jayk

jayk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    I'm from Shropshire? England. 29 degrees is the temp in the house. No AC, for me its so hot, and im 68kg wannabe race driver build haha.

VR adds alot of heat, last year i had a puddle of sweat in the headset and had to retire from the race lol.

• Like Like x 4
  17. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +202
    I'm in the same boat. If the temperature doesn't drop I'm going to struggle to last the full 75 minutes - I'll probably turn up @ the end of qualifying and see how I go from there.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,804
    @jayk and @pattikins I feel for you guys. Here in the southern part of the US, I've had my AC go out upstairs where I have my pc and the temps in my room were between 88 - 94 F° or 31 - 34C° not to mention that our humidity is generally between 60 - 85% during the summer. I couldn't help but think of a video I came across from Jimmy B and it's only 6 laps at Brands:confused::confused: Anyway, watch a little of it and jump to the end if you want. Pretty funny imo:D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Raresch

Raresch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +123
    now, that looks hot, with AC turned on :confused:. We usually have this outside in the hot summer days. It's not ideal, but it manageable in the shadow. The occasionally 5-10 days with 36-38 C tend to be pretty hot thou ... The problem is that this summer we got lots of rainy days ... which doesn't really happen for so long in a raw.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +355
    Forecast is much cooler for Sunday, but if one's exudation is prolific, one might try this race attire for extra cooling:
    tenor.gif
    Hope it helps, works for me;):p:p

• Haha Haha x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.