AC GT3's @ Algarve/Portimao - Sun 28th July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've driven this circuit once about a year ago when I first downloaded it. Have no specific setup either, its just generic.

Everyone should just join in the fun, don't get hung up on specifically learning or being fast or setting up for it, most of the fun battles are mid pack, or at the back anyways :D - A 20 min practice is enough to get an idea of the track.

Hi Joel, Can you sign me in as a maybe too with the 911? I don't know if I can make it on time. If there aren't any slots available anymore, you can give mine to someone else. Or you can put me on the reservelist right away.

No problem George, as long as @Chris Down does:laugh:

I'm sh1te at setups, so I find something and adjust to fit my style (I like rotation). I have two that I use as a base, one was made for Bathurst (not mine, found on setupmarket), which is very safe, but with some understeer though heavy on rear tyres on softs (though I can drive all night on it with mediums, it's safe for an old git:D) and another that I used tonight - not the quickest but is easier on tyres. Hope that helps:)
Sorry only seeing this now. Didn't get notification. Cheers John .

Just went on the server for a play, beautiful track, no Hermann Tilke borefest here:p

Guys, a stonking circuit.... I understand, it just slipped your mind:whistling::D:
@Bobby Pennington
@Ken Bell
@Aksu
@Trebucht
@Kek700
@Ronnie Böhme
@Asterix
@Spilskinanka
@RobertR1
@Henri Sinik
@alpebo
@Daniel Nieto
@Jaime Carretero
@Celtic Pharaoh
@Michael Owens
@r!ver_cz
@GEO147
@durielk
@SOLO59
@marek2209
@Anders Jensen
@Maciej Strzeboński
@Dennis Manke
@Pe Ha

I'm no great shakes with setups, though if anyone wants a couple for the 650S - I've two that give fairly decent times... for me anyway:p Just shout if you want them.

Just went on the server for a play, beautiful track, no Hermann Tilke borefest here:p

Guys, a stonking circuit.... I understand, it just slipped your mind:whistling::D:
@Bobby Pennington
@Ken Bell
@Aksu
@Trebucht
@Kek700
@Ronnie Böhme
@Asterix
@Spilskinanka
@RobertR1
@Henri Sinik
@alpebo
@Daniel Nieto
@Jaime Carretero
@Celtic Pharaoh
@Michael Owens
@r!ver_cz
@GEO147
@durielk
@SOLO59
@marek2209
@Anders Jensen
@Maciej Strzeboński
@Dennis Manke
@Pe Ha

I'm no great shakes with setups, though if anyone wants a couple for the 650S - I've two that give fairly decent times... for me anyway:p Just shout if you want them.
I'd love to, but I'm not available that Sunday :cry:

@Medilloni thanks for the mention. This is an awesome circuit that I love to drive. I would love to join you and @Chris Down with team 650S, but I'm still a little under the weather. I'm definitely on the other side of this last issue. I loved your comment about sharing a setup if Chris did:laugh::laugh:. Good to see you guys promoting and joking in the race threads. Now, if we were allowed to share lap times, I'd post some of mine to really get you boys laughing :D Watch that fast 4th / 5th gear right handed corner after the left handed hotel hairpin turn. She can be a bitty through there if your suspension/ down force / brake bias aren't in harmony. Have fun and keep the shiny side up:thumbsup:

@Bobby Pennington
@Ken Bell
@Aksu
@Trebucht
@Kek700
@Ronnie Böhme
@Asterix
@Spilskinanka
@RobertR1
@Henri Sinik
@alpebo
@Daniel Nieto
@Jaime Carretero
@Celtic Pharaoh
@Michael Owens
@r!ver_cz
@GEO147
@durielk
@SOLO59
@marek2209
@Anders Jensen
@Maciej Strzeboński
@Dennis Manke
@Pe Ha

I really like this track, but I won't make it on Sunday :(
Have fun guys :thumbsup:

Saturday and Sundays are all taken up for me now, not able to get home in time Sunday, at least for the time being.
Thank you for the mention though.:thumbsup:

I would have really liked a bash at this circuit, finding a lot of enjoyment of late in learning new circuits.

I went on this track yesterday night to learn it and it scared me :confused::confused: the braking zone downhill on the back straight is just nuts ... you don't see anything and you have to also remember to brake, instead of saying: BRACE YOURSELF. YOU'RE GONNA FALL.

Last edited:
It's mega, coming down the hill and staying flat into the left hander. Love watching Chris Harris abusing cars around there.

I had a quick go last night, literally 5 laps is all i could manage, its like 29degrees in that room and using VR I am melting!

It's mega, coming down the hill and staying flat into the left hander. Love watching Chris Harris abusing cars around there.

I had a quick go last night, literally 5 laps is all i could manage, its like 29degrees in that room and using VR I am melting!
Don't know where you are from, but 29 degrees Celsius is acceptable in the summer in the city :)) ... didn't test with VR, thou ... funny how different cities and countries have different measures for how hot it is :))

Don't know where you are from, but 29 degrees Celsius is acceptable in the summer in the city :)) ... didn't test with VR, thou ... funny how different cities and countries have different measures for how hot it is :))

I'm from Shropshire? England. 29 degrees is the temp in the house. No AC, for me its so hot, and im 68kg wannabe race driver build haha.

VR adds alot of heat, last year i had a puddle of sweat in the headset and had to retire from the race lol.

I'm from Shropshire? England. 29 degrees is the temp in the house. No AC, for me its so hot, and im 68kg wannabe race driver build haha.

VR adds alot of heat, last year i had a puddle of sweat in the headset and had to retire from the race lol.

I'm in the same boat. If the temperature doesn't drop I'm going to struggle to last the full 75 minutes - I'll probably turn up @ the end of qualifying and see how I go from there.

@jayk and @pattikins I feel for you guys. Here in the southern part of the US, I've had my AC go out upstairs where I have my pc and the temps in my room were between 88 - 94 F° or 31 - 34C° not to mention that our humidity is generally between 60 - 85% during the summer. I couldn't help but think of a video I came across from Jimmy B and it's only 6 laps at Brands:confused::confused: Anyway, watch a little of it and jump to the end if you want. Pretty funny imo:D

I'm in the same boat. If the temperature doesn't drop I'm going to struggle to last the full 75 minutes - I'll probably turn up @ the end of qualifying and see how I go from there.
Forecast is much cooler for Sunday, but if one's exudation is prolific, one might try this race attire for extra cooling:
tenor.gif

Hope it helps, works for me;):p:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back