AC GT3 @ VIR - Sun 18 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I cant seem to go below XXX laptime with GT-R, which I think isnt very competitive, and I dont know if the reason is my mediocre beginner driving or needing some setup tweaks. Im pretty sure my basic raceline and breaking points are in the right ballpark judging by watching better drivers on youtube. The only thing Ive done is changed rear wing from 9 to 5 degrees to get some extra speed on those two long straights. Anyone got some tips ?
Maybe find a set up for a track that has similar characteristics and adapt that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant seem to go below XXX laptime with GT-R, which I think isnt very competitive, and I dont know if the reason is my mediocre beginner driving or needing some setup tweaks. Im pretty sure my basic raceline and breaking points are in the right ballpark judging by watching better drivers on youtube. The only thing Ive done is changed rear wing from 9 to 5 degrees to get some extra speed on those two long straights. Anyone got some tips ?

Same for me, mate. I tried different cars with different setups, but I cannot get faster than 1.51 flat. Thought I wasn't so bad. but I guess it must be my driving skills ;-)

I just cannot understand why i see guys here doing 1.46 laptimes. Are we that bad??

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for me, mate. I tried different cars with different setups, but I cannot get faster than 1.51 flat. Thought I wasn't so bad. but I guess it must be my driving skills ;-)

I just cannot understand why i see guys here doing 1.46 laptimes. Are we that bad??
Nope, they are just Aliens. It doesn't matter how much do we improve, they are always 3 to 4 seconds a lap. It beats me, but hey, what's life for?

Haha well I can accept that I am just bad considering I have only about a 1.5 months of experience with driving on wheel&pedals, but I am still looking for some exact reasons and solutions :D

Haha well I can accept that I am just bad considering I have only about a 1.5 months of experience with driving on wheel&pedals, but I am still looking for some exact reasons and solutions :D
In less than 2 months with wheel and pedals, that's a very respectable time Dino (and @Frank van der Heide !), you'll get there :thumbsup: - this is a difficult track to be confident on imo, requires a lot of patience, practice and confidence.

Re setup, I don't know what car you're using though for the 650S I'm using the same setup as Bathurst due to similar characteristics such as braking into uphill section, bends into/over a crest etc... lots of suspension movement.

Race to have fun, the times will steadily drop;)

In less than 2 months with wheel and pedals, that's a very respectable time Dino (and @Frank van der Heide !), you'll get there :thumbsup: - this is a difficult track to be confident on imo, requires a lot of patience, practice and confidence.

Re setup, I don't know what car you're using though for the 650S I'm using the same setup as Bathurst due to similar characteristics such as braking into uphill section, bends into/over a crest etc... lots of suspension movement.

Race to have fun, the times will steadily drop;)
Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will check if there are some Bathurst setups for my choice of car on setup market. The car is understeer monster Godzilla by the name of Nissan GT-R, I know its not the most beginner friendly but I am a sucker for GT-R design and just cant help myself :D

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will check if there are some Bathurst setups for my choice of car on setup market. The car is understeer monster Godzilla by the name of Nissan GT-R, I know its not the most beginner friendly but I am a sucker for GT-R design and just cant help myself :D
Well if you like the car, stick with it - it's easier to get into the groove and to get familiar with a car than keep changing cars every race (imo!) @JoelK , @Kek700 use the Nissan and get fantastic results in lap time and consistency, maybe badger them for some advice:whistling:;)

If you go to http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=3527&car=1205&rank_type=all&tyre_type=Slick+Medium+(M)&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all you'll see, on medium tyres, you're certainly not slow :thumbsup:

Here's Onboard of a Qualifying lap which was for a race in 4/18, maybe it'll help you:thumbsup: There's a couple of setups for the Audi aswell, if someone is in a need for one.

Attachments

• JK_1.4X.9_VIR2.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 110
  • JK_1.4X.9_VIR2KISA.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Wow this track is pretty cool! Drove it for the first time for a couple of laps. As mentioned I've tweaked the SPA setup for this, for my 650s. Seems ok, but starts sliding when there is steering angle and full power early out of the exit, so need to work on that if i have time. So for now I'll stick with the 650s.

@JoelK you got me on the list twice bud.

Wow this track is pretty cool! Drove it for the first time for a couple of laps. As mentioned I've tweaked the SPA setup for this, for my 650s. Seems ok, but starts sliding when there is steering angle and full power early out of the exit, so need to work on that if i have time. So for now I'll stick with the 650s.

I have the same problem with the 650S constantly oversteering on turn exit. At turn 1 I enter in 3rd gear, shift to 2nd gear and start to add throttle, but only a little too much throttle is enough for the backside to slide away. Tried all possible settings, but i cannot get it under control.

Perhaps it's a case of picnic (problem in chair, not in car) ;-)

@JoelK you got me on the list twice bud.

I have the same problem with the 650S constantly oversteering on turn exit. At turn 1 I enter in 3rd gear, shift to 2nd gear and start to add throttle, but only a little too much throttle is enough for the backside to slide away. Tried all possible settings, but i cannot get it under control.

Perhaps it's a case of picnic (problem in chair, not in car) ;-)
Yeah it's tricky on this track, especially exiting T1 and T6, it's really hard to get the traction needed. If you setup the car exit the corners safely usually results in horrendous understeer.

At least it was like this with the R8, Nismo and Huracan Supertrofeo which I've driven around this track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back