AC GT3 @ VIR - Sun 18 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I’ll give this a whirl in a Nissan GT-R please Joel.
:)

I could possibly regret this but I'm in with the 911 please.

Never driven the car or track - should be fun!

Hi, one place on the grid , with the red goddess ,please :)

Lambo please :)

I might try a different car this time around, but need to see what the tracks like as never driven it either.

I have had a wonderful relationship with the beautiful curves and temper of the 911 - but it is time to move on. So - please sign me up in the AMG ;)
welcomex10000.gif

Well the car is **** as expected, but that's fine.

I can't practice on the server anymore though as it's extremely tedious that every time you go off, you don't stop until you hit Canada. At least in Practice mode you can ESC immediately, here you have to be stationary.

Yeah, I know - don't go off - a good strategy if you never want to find where the limits are.

I can't practice on the server anymore though as it's extremely tedious that every time you go off, you don't stop until you hit Canada. At least in Practice mode you can ESC immediately, here you have to be stationary.

Yeah, I know - don't go off - a good strategy if you never want to find where the limits are.
James, I find this track even more difficult with the 911 because of the turns on top of a hill where there's less weight on the front tyres and you get sudden and severe understeer. Together with the as always cold front tyres this makes the 911 a Virginia bitch! But I have high hopes that you will be able to find the best setup for this track and be at least 3 seconds faster then me. Afterwards I would love to see the replay of your best lap from the driver position:thumbsup:.

I have a hate/love relation with the 911 because I find other cars much nicer to drive (except the GT-R) but somehow I am always faster with the Porsche:(.

James, I find this track even more difficult with the 911 because of the turns on top of a hill where there's less weight on the front tyres and you get sudden and severe understeer. Together with the as always cold front tyres this makes the 911 a Virginia bitch! But I have high hopes that you will be able to find the best setup for this track and be at least 3 seconds faster then me. Afterwards I would love to see the replay of your best lap from the driver position:thumbsup:.

I have a hate/love relation with the 911 because I find other cars much nicer to drive (except the GT-R) but somehow I am always faster with the Porsche:(.
I think you underestimate your speed and overestimate mine if you think I'm going to get three seconds up on you :laugh: - but, I'll give it a go.

I think the biggest issue will be smoothing out the curbs and working out that last corner - that really upsets the car - seems to go from understeer, to oversteer, back to understeer and then you've lost loads of time getting on the gas for the long straight.

Whatever I come up with, you're more than welcome to have after - as I said, don't underestimate yourself, I might not be faster than you - I've never been fast in 911's in sims.

Check out the app recommendation list, there's a app for that which will allow you to jump into the pits, even whilst still moving and it works online :thumbsup:

I cant seem to go below XXX laptime with GT-R, which I think isnt very competitive, and I dont know if the reason is my mediocre beginner driving or needing some setup tweaks. Im pretty sure my basic raceline and breaking points are in the right ballpark judging by watching better drivers on youtube. The only thing Ive done is changed rear wing from 9 to 5 degrees to get some extra speed on those two long straights. Anyone got some tips ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back