AC GT3 @ VIR - Sun 18 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Please enter me in this race as well. I'm assuming this race will be on the "Full" configuration? I'm not familiar with any of the "Grand East or West".
If we're racing on "Full', I'll drive a GT-R #96 with my SteamID. :D

Guys, I know perhaps it's not something I should post here, but does anyone know how to set up a rearview mirror? I'm driving the McLaren 650S and it has only side mirrors. I'm in VR and I find it hard to see upcoming traffic if I have no rearview mirror in the car. Any suggestions?

Guys, I know perhaps it's not something I should post here, but does anyone know how to set up a rearview mirror? I'm driving the McLaren 650S and it has only side mirrors. I'm in VR and I find it hard to see upcoming traffic if I have no rearview mirror in the car. Any suggestions?

Virtual mirror does not work in VR sadly as you have found out for yourself. I experienced the same issue when I purchased my VR...There is only one real solution, change to a car like the R8 Z4 GT-R AMG ..all of of which have an interior mirror. Car rader will help to a point, giving you maybe three (3) cars lengths of warning, however I preferred to change my car, because I like to know what is going on behind ...if I am not hosting and enter a GT3 race and want to use VR I do not choose the 650.

Last edited:
Virtual mirror does not work in VR sadly as you have found out for yourself. I experienced the same issue when I purchased my VR...There is only one real solution, change to a car like the R8 Z4 GT-R AMG ..all of of which have an interior mirror. Car rader will help to a point, giving you maybe three (3) cars lengths of warning, however I preferred to change my car, because I like to know what is going on behind ...if I am not hosting and enter a GT3 race and want to use VR I do not choose the 650.

Damn, I was afraid of that. The 650S is the only car I'm able to drive in this track. Tried the other cars, but I just cannot get used to them. I guess I have to rely on Car radar and my sideview mirrors and then hopefully not getting in somebody's way ;-)

Yeah it's tricky on this track, especially exiting T1 and T6, it's really hard to get the traction needed. If you setup the car exit the corners safely usually results in horrendous understeer.

At least it was like this with the R8, Nismo and Huracan Supertrofeo which I've driven around this track.

Yeah my plan was to soften the rear abit but that will probs lead to undeesteer. My Nordschleife setup is softer and i can get on the power very early, but over all its too soft and way slower. Gearing is taller too so that helps with getting the power down too. Will have a play.

Damn, I was afraid of that. The 650S is the only car I'm able to drive in this track. Tried the other cars, but I just cannot get used to them. I guess I have to rely on Car radar and my sideview mirrors and then hopefully not getting in somebody's way ;-)

I play in VR and use no apps. I'm very minimal with what i can see to try and keep it as realistic as poossible. You'll be fine and you'll develop a good sense of what's going on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back