AC GT3 @ TT-Assen, Sunday 25th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I‘m in with the Audi, please :)
Hi there,

Welcome, I would love to have you. I can't remember seeing you before. If you're new please read the community rules in the 1th post very carefully, especially the golden rule and using your real name in your RD account.
You can find it in Account, Account Details, field Real Name.
I will add you after you've done that.

Hi there,

Welcome, I would love to have you. I can't remember seeing you before. If you're new please read the community rules in the 1th post very carefully, especially the golden rule and using your real name in your RD account.
You can find it in Account, Account Details, field Real Name.
I will add you after you've done that.
Done :) i raced with you guys at Imola and Brands in the Audi TT/MX-5 Cup!

Last edited:
With brake setup:
It's said in many places that the best braking performance is achieved when the fronts lock just before the rears.
Question, on a track with curves[obvs] is this brake balance too far forward? Is it better to sacrifice straight line braking performance so you are able to keep the brakes applied into the corner?

wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

IMPORTANT: Due to instability problems with Simracing.gp we're going back to the RD servers for now. Sign up here with your choice of car. The event on s.gp is only to redirect to this thread. Please read the 3rd post in this thread for more information.

This week we are going to the Cathedral of Speed as the TT-circuit of the Dutch city of Assen is known. It's a new track for our GT3 events and it has four high speed curves that give this track it's nickname. It's mostly famous for the MotoGP series but there's also a lay out for cars which is quite challenging.
This event isn't even fictional because the DTM race with GT3 cars will pay Assen a visit in September this year. So come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

Lay-out%20Assen%202021.jpg

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event in the Calendar or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: TT-Assen Autosport (download here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tt-circuit-assen.4536/version/68714/download)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 18:00 UTC (1 hour 20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry list:
1. @HF2000 - 488
2. @jackdyson31 - GT-R
3. @JamKart22 - GT-R
4. @Interslice - Lambo
5. @edo22 - Z4
6. @demetri - Audi
7. @Programmer_Rich - GT-R
8. @random2k4 - Z4
9. @Enzo Fazzi - Lambo
10. @640er - Lambo
11. @Taj Johal - 488
12. @Kek700 - GT-R
13. @pattikins - SGC
14. @uvraver - 650s
15. @Chris Down - 650s
16. @Fiberoptix - Lambo
17. @SOLO59 - R8
18. @Bart Snijders - 488
19. @Partick Eaton - Z4
20. @K_a_n_t_e - R8
21. @thom462 - 650s
Hi Han. Late entry with a 650s please. Thank you.

Results: https://simresults.net/210425-6jW

First of all congrats to Enzo and Thomas on the podium. To Thomas: really impressed with how much you've progressed with us in the last year, you are definitely a clear demonstration that the "keep on practicing and you'll get there" talk is true -- great pace! :thumbsup:

From my side, really nice race, no major mistakes (except for an absolutely massive code brown on lap one on the fast left hander) -- although the understeer is crazy on the mediums when they're cold, so the first lap and pit outlap were just shocking. I also had two massive grip drop offs at about 20 minutes left to go and 5 minutes left to go, which I've not experienced before, or maybe I just don't run the mediums as much as I used to.

I did a bit of practice trying to find the fastest race strategy and it seemed it was the softs, but I was a bit worried about the wear at the end, so opted for the mediums. It's definitely doable, but managing the softs requires constant tyre management and I would rather not have to worry so much about that, especially since I had no idea what other people's pace was going to be around here.

All in all a good race from my side, was a bit scared when I saw I joined and quali was already about to start, but surprisingly a more or less mistake free quali and race, which is always nice :) Have a great rest of your weekend folks, and thanks Han for organising!

Last edited:
I'm going through a bad luck stint at the moment, even spun it going into the pits, yes I was jammed across the two barriers:roflmao::roflmao:. At that point, I decided to let it go and not flog a dead horse.
Lucky for me there was Brian, @Interslice so I chased him down the best I could, we then had a real battle.
And just in case you were thinking it, yes I could have got past at the chicane incidence, but then the fun would have stopped, and no, the next overtake was you early braking and me late braking.:D:D:D
Great battle with you Brian, you brightened up what could have been a dull race for me, full of disappointments.
well done podiums and of course our race organiser @HF2000 :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea