AC GT3 @ TT-Assen, Sunday 25th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
In please with the 488
Welcome. Haven't seen you before with the GT3. I hope you're not as fast with the 488 as with the Mazda tonight because a 60 min battle with you would kill me :D !

BTW I see that you're from Portugal. If you have driven on Portimao in real life I have to give you 30kg BOP.

Last edited:
With a starting sore arm cause of my first COVID vaccine shot, I thought I give this track a try.
Have no idea what a good GT3 pace is here, but its definitely a fun one.
Still trying to find the best break markers, some corners a really a guess and mess.
Time differences up to a second per lap at the moment. Shoud be ironed out until the weekend.

With a starting sore arm cause of my first COVID vaccine shot, I thought I give this track a try.
Have no idea what a good GT3 pace is here, but its definitely a fun one.
Still trying to find the best break markers, some corners a really a guess and mess.
Time differences up to a second per lap at the moment. Shoud be ironed out until the weekend.
Yes, it's a great track. Not difficult to learn but very difficult to become fast. Before the race with the MX5 yesterday I had practiced about 40 min and got quite consistent but in the race somehow I managed a new PB with 1,5 seconds off and could hold that pace. Of course with the MX5 is taking speed through the corners more important for lap times than with high powered cars but the principle is the same. To be honest, I haven't got a clue yet which of the GT3 cars will perform the best here.

Welcome. Haven't seen you before with the GT3. I hope you're not as fast with the 488 as with the Mazda tonight because a 60 min battle with you would kill me :D !

BTW I see that you're from Portugal. If you have driven on Portimao in real life I have to give you 30kg BOP.
Didn't do much simracing for a while but (luckily) got drawn back into it recently, I was RD staff like youat some point and ran the Race On club on the Xbox for a while ;) but that seems like another lifetime almost...
I live very close to the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao (but am actually from the Netherlands) and seen a few classic car races there but never had the courage to take my old Kangoo for a spin there and my car is eternally grateful for that so you can keep you 30 kg! :p but I am definitely looking forward to a good battle on track.

Didn't do much simracing for a while but (luckily) got drawn back into it recently, I was RD staff like youat some point and ran the Race On club on the Xbox for a while ;) but that seems like another lifetime almost...
I live very close to the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao (but am actually from the Netherlands) and seen a few classic car races there but never had the courage to take my old Kangoo for a spin there and my car is eternally grateful for that so you can keep you 30 kg! :p but I am definitely looking forward to a good battle on track.

For those who are interested, I made a little test. 60 minute session, starting from the pits and a pit stop after 32 mins.
Looking at 36/37 laps with an average time of 1:38:4ish couple of laps in the 37s but also two sheit ones in the 40s and 39s.

Maybe this will help someone to calculate fuel better. I just grabbed my Imola setup seemed to work fine here.

Last edited:
Yes, it looks like a good track for the power guys.
Had a bit of time to practice as my weekend plans got canceled. First it's an interesting track, I do like it. Must have been great fun at the multiclass event.

I tried the Porsche the Z4 and the Lambo. Porsche feels quick, will give it a try in some upcoming event. Problem was the softs won't last long. Then I switched to the Z4 which was ok. Had a bit problems with the front tyre heating up very quickly, but a solid and easy to drive car. The last one was the Lambo which I've only used at Monza so far. Instantly I could beat the times of the prior cars. It's very responsive and feels extremly sharp at the front. To top it off, it has massive power so not a bad combo. Should try it more often. Tyres could be a litte problem though, but I guess that's for all cars on this track.

How is everybody doing? I hope all is well. I'm not doing well. Maybe I'll be around. I might get some practice. This track seems fun. Take care everybody.
Sorry to here that you're not well, Frank. Hope you feel better soon.
If you want to join, than don't forget to sign up here because we're not using s.gp until the stability problems are solved.

Tyres could be a litte problem though, but I guess that's for all cars on this track.
Interestingly, I only lost about .2 - .4 secs with worn out tires at the end of my stints with the Z4.
Could also be the my consistency. The car didnt felt as slippery as on other tracks.
And yes, the Z4 has again overheating problems in the front left tire like on many other tracks. Manageable, but still
less grip on the front then other cars.

Interestingly, I only lost about .2 - .4 secs with worn out tires at the end of my stints with the Z4.
Could also be the my consistency. The car didnt felt as slippery as on other tracks.
And yes, the Z4 has again overheating problems in the front left tire like on many other tracks. Manageable, but still
less grip on the front then other cars.
I have to add, that I did this offline without changing temps to match those on the server (maybe they did by coincidence). Practice server wasn't up at this time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back