AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tried your setup, tried my best to make it stable. failed.:(

This is such a difficult car, even so, managed my fastest lap of Silverstone in it. But not with your setup, had to spend time on it, my setup is no more stable, but it is a lot quicker for me.

For me it is stable'ish, but you have to drive it with some care, put about a couple of hours into it.

I can now see why Pattikins is so rapid in it. :unsure:

I really need a lot of time in this car to get it a 100% dialled, assuming that is even possible.

looking at May 2020 results, it is in the top 5 for lap times, but it and me is never going to challenge Chris in it, so don't expect too much from the setup.

If your lucky Pattikins may chuck some knowledge your way, I just did not have time to cover more than 60% of the setup, too many combinations.

I am happy to post it if you wish, not sure that you will like it, with all the time I put in, it ended up being for me.

It was quick enough to easily repeat fast lap times, so it was not a one-shot pony.:roflmao:

My advice to "you" and "me", there are far easier cars out there to pick on.;)

I'm a bit under the weather @ the moment, but I'll hopefully give it a test drive in a few days time. I think I've only done two gt3 races @ Silverstone - once in the 650s in a simracing.gp race (2020) & the other time was in a club race getting lapped in the Lambo (2018). Looking @ my PBs in AC I can see that I'm over 3 seconds slower in SCG than I am in the 650s. I'm guessing that I was having issues with the softs in the SCG.

Do you have the results for the May 2020 race?

I'm a bit under the weather @ the moment, but I'll hopefully give it a test drive in a few days time. I think I've only done two gt3 races @ Silverstone - once in the 650s in a simracing.gp race (2020) & the other time was in a club race getting lapped in the Lambo (2018). Looking @ my PBs in AC I can see that I'm over 3 seconds slower in SCG than I am in the 650s. I'm guessing that I was having issues with the softs in the SCG.

Do you have the results for the May 2020 race?

If it ran it's softs with no problem:(, it would be great around here, Silverstone, I spend most of the lap trying to look after them.:(:(:(

I don't know how to attach sim results here like I see everyone else
doing.:(

Tried your setup, tried my best to make it stable. failed.:(

This is such a difficult car, even so, managed my fastest lap of Silverstone in it. But not with your setup, had to spend time on it, my setup is no more stable, but it is a lot quicker for me.

For me it is stable'ish, but you have to drive it with some care, put about a couple of hours into it.

I can now see why Pattikins is so rapid in it. :unsure:

I really need a lot of time in this car to get it a 100% dialled, assuming that is even possible.

looking at May 2020 results, it is in the top 5 for lap times, but it and me is never going to challenge Chris in it, so don't expect too much from the setup.

If your lucky Pattikins may chuck some knowledge your way, I just did not have time to cover more than 60% of the setup, too many combinations.

I am happy to post it if you wish, not sure that you will like it, with all the time I put in, it ended up being for me.

It was quick enough to easily repeat fast lap times, so it was not a one-shot pony.:roflmao:

My advice to "you" and "me", there are far easier cars out there to pick on.;)

Thanks for taking the time to test it out, Ernie. Much appreciated. :)

I'd be happy to give your setup a try seeing as you spent a couple of hours on it and I liked your 911 setup. At this point in my racing being able to understand and feel the differences in setups (vanilla, yours, mine, etc.) is helpful.

In terms of quickness, I ran Silverstone last night with the default setup and was able to lap in the 2:08s fairly consistently. For comparison, how does this jive with your experience and practice at this particular track? There is much to be said about practice but a car that is set up for the driver, in my ignorant opinion, can help to maximize each lap. I have no overt thoughts of challenging the front runners, or the midfield for that matter, but having a basic understanding/place for lap times is helpful and gives a tangible goal to aim for.

Hope you feel better soon @pattikins. Looking forward to your input :D

I will post it tomorrow for you, but rather than just you driving it, I will be happy to discuss my reasoning behind it all.
Please please, I am so far from any good at this, I just do it for myself. ( warts and all ).
I am sure I will say some silly and incorrect things, that’s how you learn, as I always say, being in a team surround by engineers is one thing, being isolated with just the internet is another thing entirely.
hopefully someone will chime in and put me right. :roflmao: :roflmao:
I can see why you did a 2-08 with the setup, please don’t take that as a criticism, it behaved quite well, just had no pace in the set up.
I hope to, between us, get you going quicker.:)

Last edited:
Hi, my very first sim race

Would someone be kind enough to give me starting setup for the 911?

I've been pounding round on the softs and mediums and struggling to keep heat in the mediums or stop overheating the softs. So I'd be interested to see what a good setup does.

Best time so far in the 2:06 so I suspect I've got some work to do.

Cheers

Hi, my very first sim race

Would someone be kind enough to give me starting setup for the 911?

I've been pounding round on the softs and mediums and struggling to keep heat in the mediums or stop overheating the softs. So I'd be interested to see what a good setup does.

Best time so far in the 2:06 so I suspect I've got some work to do.

Cheers
2.06 is amazing fast if this is your first time!

@JamKart22

you could try this set, with tyre pressures and a gearing change, should suit Silverstone.
The 911 is one of those cars where you spend most of the time managing the soft tyre temperatures. I always run it on mediums.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-spa-sunday-3rd-january-2021.195366/post-3316069
Yes, that's especially with the 911. That and the heavy wear of the rear tyres. When I started simracing I always chose the 911 because I did my fastest laps with it (and still). But as Ernie said, in the race it's better to use the mediums and still do a tyre change within a race of 60 min. But of course that cost you race pace. So in qually I did fine but my races were then only defending against other cars that can race on softs. Very frustrating so I switched to the Audi and now to the Ferrari. I hope you will have a better experience with the Porsche. I had a love/hate relation with it.

Ye the Z4 is excellent. Very stable, good brakes and no turbo lag or power surge to think about. It can be a bit understeery through and out of the corners, by nature, which can make it slow until you get the hang of it and have a mess about with the front suspension.

What apps do you guys use/recommend to display information in the cockpit (playing in VR). I have just been using the game out of the box for now. I didn't really need to know where I was in relation to other cars in the last race as that became largely irrelevant after 20 minutes but it would be nice to get some more information next time around.

I am still figuring AC out and sometimes I get different stuff in the car display in VR (seems random) but cannot change anything. I guess there are some in game options to explore and ways to map buttons I have yet to work out.

I would like to start with some basic stuff.

Fuel, Tyre temp and pressures
laptimes (in the 911 I can see a tiny differential figure on the dash which is hard to read).
Timing and positioning of other cars, driver names displayed (I had no idea who was who in the last race).

Do those who play in VR use the helicorsa thing?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.