AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 21st February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
hmm dont know what to think about that. Was hit inside the last corner by a back marker that decided to fight for the corner....

@Kek700 what was that in Lap 10 ??? why you drove into me like two times and then didnt even wait?

that makes a lot of sense Stefan, I wondered why when my radar said a big gap, I pulled over for T2 and hit you.
I can say hand on heart, apart from what I will call the first incident, never touched you at all.

I will look at the replay tomorrow to confirm, and speak more about it.:(

I have a suspicion that it was your Ping playing up, on one occasion your car jumped at T8, I think.:O_o:

I wonder the the smoke from the donuts caused some of that. I feel we should all complete a cool down lap, let people finish then do what you want.
Or turn down the smoke setting :p

On a serious note:
Talking can be really annoying when you're still racing/battling for half a lap.
However I have nothing against donuts as long as it's far enough from the finish line so photo-finishes won't be problematic.

I've never experienced performance issues at the finish.. But I kept the smoke setting on the lowest before upgrading the graphics card.

@JamKart22 what anti aliasing settings are you using? Some supersampling somewhere or particlesFX from custom shaders patch?

When I forced sparse grid super sampling (sgssaa) via Nvidia inspector, any smoke ate my graphics card for breakfast. The smoke got anti aliased...

That came unexpected. Thought I had no good pace and thought I was going off surely at some point in the race but it turned out into P4 and a race with good fights and no major mistake from my side.
First stint I had close racing wit Brian, Ernie and Stefan which was great fun. Man that Lambo is fast on the straight, Brian closed the gap by 0,5 on the main straight every time, pressure was hard not to make a mistake.
Second stint was more "relaxed" but always had to keep concentration as Stefan was only couple seconds behind.
Made no major mistake and came in in P4 which is good result for me.
Thanks @Chris Down for organizing and all guys for the great and clean racing.
Does anyone have simresults?

Last edited:
Probably the funniest moment of the race. Feel bad for Han though
To all who were affected by this incident: I apologize because it was my own doing.

About 20s before the race started I noticed that I was on qualify setup with less fuel. So I tried to go back to the pits but it didn't work. So I exited the game and came back which I thought to be in the pits but not, I was on the grass and disoriented. I was in a hurry to catch up as soon as possible but I drove in the wrong direction, got transported to the pits with a 40s penalty. So when I finally was on track (in the right direction :D ), I was almost a lap behind. Of course I was very upset by all this but I don't quit normally so I made the best of it and see how many places I could gain after I closed a gap from about 50s to number 21.

I finished 12th in the end and had a race which I enjoyed giving the circumstances.

Thanks all for joining and Chris for organising. I hope you will feel better soon.

BTW Very funny to see me driving in the wrong direction and being transported to the pits:roflmao:!

Last edited:
That came unexpected. Thought I had no good pace and thought I was going off surely at some point in the race but it turned out into P4 and a race with good fights and no major mistake from my side.
First stint I had close racing wit Brian, Ernie and Stefan which was great fun. Man that Lambo is fast on the straight, Brian closed the gap by 0,5 on the main straight every time, pressure was hard not to make a mistake.
Second stint was more "relaxed" but always had to keep concentration as Stefan was only couple seconds behind.
Made no major mistake and came in in P4 which is good result for me.
Thanks @Chris Down for organizing and all guys for the great and clean racing.
Does anyone have simresults?

...forget about simresults, just found it.....

Probably the funniest moment of the race. Feel bad for Han though
OMG I had no idea I caused such havoc. I'm sorry guys. I turned of TC to try to have a blazing start, but overdid it. This is why I often do practice starts, but didn't do it much this time around. Sorry everyone that I messed up off the bat. I came out the loser though.

I had a good start today, greatly helped by han's adventures.! I followed @thom462 for a few laps until, for the second race in a row he got his rear fish tailing in front of me and i had to go wide. I lost the few places back to ernie and stefan and ended up behind the @640er gtr... Where i pretty much stayed for the rest of the race. We had some great battles. I got by a few times but couldn't get it past! Great defending throughout. I was too impatient and binned it into t1. I wanted to try get past before my tyres died.

I noticed my helicorsa would sometimes not show @640er s car untik half way into a corner. Don't know if it was the same for you @Kek700 . Noticed it 2 or 3 times.

Last edited:
I'm all for (for example) not talking at the end, but as for donuts, if your computer can't take the smoke, you can disable it after all :)
I also feel we should all do a cool down lap. I'm surprised we all don't. I that that was a standard thing. Everyone just sort of stopping and crashing into the other at the end sort of ruins the experience for me after 60 minutes of racing when everyone is doing their best, to just come to a sudden stop.

A cooldown lap wouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes on average, and would allow everyone to complete the simulation of a race... just my thoughts.

That was a weird incident for sure. I was right behind, and all a saw was 4 tires heading off into space!

It was a great battle just before the Rasmus launch.

Also had a good couple of laps with Omar, thanks.

Great time guys, looking forward to the next race.

Thanks for organizing Chis, hope you feel better.

I don't know if this is a quirk of replays, but this is the most bizarre thing I've seen yet:

https://streamable.com/9oc5up and another view https://streamable.com/2il5t6
Oh damn... :unsure: :redface: :barefoot:
Yeah that's the autopilot engaging after my pc has the blue screen.

Sorry again @uvraver! You were completely spun around by that :(

Here's the end of my (not listed) stream.
No idea why my car took the corner and then flew off.. I would've expected to fly straight through the braking zone and hopefully the cars in front of me already turning in so I wouldn't hit anyone...

Screenshot_20210222_074934.jpg

I'm all for (for example) not talking at the end, but as for donuts, if your computer can't take the smoke, you can disable it after all :)
I run a 2080ti so no problem here but it is distracting when it's so close to the finish line, at least take it a few turns down.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.