AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 21st February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sadly, my race was ended by a "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD :(
First blue screen in years... I installed TSNotifier before the race and given the last update to that was in 2019, maybe the latest nvidia drivers and Content Manager didn't like it.

Had some great fun during the opening laps though!

Sorry @uvraver for hitting you 2x! I was caught off first by you suddenly becoming slower during acceleration (maybe it was a combination of upshift + little lag?) and then again by your earlier braking than the laps before. Probably you were a bit more careful than me after the first contact :ninja:
Stood on the brakes completely but just couldn't slow down quick enough.
Luckily you kept in more or less on the track both times and only @Fiberoptix slipped through!

Btw Tim, thanks for not going for it at the first possible gap! I enjoyed being hunted! I was waiting for you diving up my inside but it seems the Ferrari was good to block of your 911 at the best spots for overtakes. I'm sure you would've won the battle anyway in the end though!

Were you on softs or mediums if I may ask? :)

First blue screen in years... I installed TSNotifier before the race and given the last update to that was in 2019, maybe the latest nvidia drivers and Content Manager didn't like it.

Sorry @uvraver for hitting you 2x! I was caught off first by you suddenly becoming slower during acceleration (maybe it was a combination of upshift + little lag?) and then again by your earlier braking than the laps before. Probably you were a bit more careful than me after the first contact :ninja:
Luckily you kept in more or less on the track both times and only @Fiberoptix slipped through!

Btw Tim, thanks for not going for it at the first possible gap! I enjoyed being hunted! I was waiting for you diving up my inside but it seems the Ferrari was good to block of your 911 at the best spots for overtakes. I'm sure you would've won the battle anyway in the end though!

I was on softs 50/50 fuel, felt I was actually holding a good pace today and I was enjoying chasing you, I am not that experienced at overtaking so I try to just pressure the car in front into making a mistake to slip past. Not sure if related to your blue screen but I was taken out at about 11 minutes by a flying car! Just out of the blue, I had to watch the replay afterwards to work out what had happened. It looked like a ferrari with no wheels..

I couldn't get back on my game after that and eventually quit.

I was on softs 50/50 fuel, felt I was actually holding a good pace today and I was enjoying chasing you, I am not that experienced at overtaking so I try to just pressure the car in front into making a mistake to slip past. Not sure if related to your blue screen but I was taken out at about 11 minutes by a flying car! Just out of the blue, I had to watch the replay afterwards to work out what had happened. It looked like a ferrari with no wheels..

I couldn't get back on my game after that and eventually quit.
Ah nooo, I'm sorry! :( Was very likely me..
bsod happened on a straight and I was 2 cars behind you...
Really sorry for ruining your race :unsure:

Ah nooo, I'm sorry! :( Was very likely me..
bsod happened on a straight and I was 2 cars behind you...
Really sorry for ruining your race :unsure:

Don't worry, glitch in the matrix not much you can do about that!. Its quite a bizarre incident if you watch the replay :).

I was on the straight left facing backwards on narrow grass so took a while to find a gap to get back on track again.

Rest assured I haven't completed one of these yet without a major spin so it was only a matter of time before I did it myself :D

I jumped the start and got a drive through lap 2 :(

Managed to catch up a lot of places but then got stuck behind @Marko77 , when i noticed i was being caught i went in for my actual stop then made a ton of places up with some quick laps and when everyone pitted on ~30mins i got back up behind @JamKart22's GTR and looked at that for another 30mins!!! Tyres on 50% at the end, @JamKart22 you took it super cautious on last lap, nearly drove into the back of you on the last turn. Only place i could get closer was exit of T1 up the hill. Nice racing all. Think that's my best result.

Last edited:
Good race everyone. Sorry to the blue GT-R I hit at lights out: I hope I didn't ruin your start. Upload of the race will be available soon. It's missing the start, but the rest should be there. Again high quality.
Hello Frank - I'd love a copy of this one please ; how can we download it ?

Last edited:

Letting you by,
you were now too close to be safe from kissing me in the braking zone!
I've been taken out too many times in the braking zone to fight it.
Shame about the mysterious last contact because my hot tyres before the sweeping esses was unfortunate.
Thanks for waiting that first time.

Did my best to imitate a top today...ugh. One of the most frustrating races since joining the group. Good news, it's all my fault. :thumbsup: A couple spins on the last turn and a couple more peppered in for good measure.

No troubles @Goblin616 for the smash off the grid. I was able to make a nice recovery until my first of many spins.

Sorry @HF2000 for the tag at the start...I don't know why AC decided to place you on the grid after the lights dropped. Nice drive regardless, top-notch Han! :)

Aside from my mistakes, it was a pleasant race. Thanks, @jackdyson31 for keeping the race fun for the last couple of laps.

Congrats to the podiums and see you all next week!

Most boring race in a while, I drove all 60 minute alone. Was too slow to catch up with Aki and clearly faster than Cornelius behind. Barring any major mistakes (and the track is too simple for that to rely on), that was a given.
Reminded me why I don't like this track. I've done a few long races here and all of them were like this one. You really need someone matching your pace to enjoy it, because the track itself is just another dull tilkedrome, you won't get any fun simply driving on it

Congrats to @Aksu, I had no chance to make you a company, sorry for that

Letting you by,
you were now too close to be safe from kissing me in the braking zone!
I've been taken out too many times in the braking zone to fight it.
Ah okay.. Little misunderstanding then.
I told you on TeamSpeak that I would let you by and not fight you into the next corners so I thought you would just stay on the racing line with your normal pace from the laps before.

I wanted to stay behind you so you wouldn't think I'd try to overtake you or going for the inside.
Then you braked before I was back behind you on the racing line after letting you past..

Should've just lifted the throttle longer...

Not my best moment for sure... Sorry again!

Were you hit by the flying-ghost-Ferrari like Tim too? :(

Did my best to imitate a top today...ugh. One of the most frustrating races since joining the group. Good news, it's all my fault. :thumbsup: A couple spins on the last turn and a couple more peppered in for good measure.

No troubles @Goblin616 for the smash off the grid. I was able to make a nice recovery until my first of many spins.

Sorry @HF2000 for the tag at the start...I don't know why AC decided to place you on the grid after the lights dropped. Nice drive regardless, top-notch Han! :)

Aside from my mistakes, it was a pleasant race. Thanks, @jackdyson31 for keeping the race fun for the last couple of laps.

Congrats to the podiums and see you all next week!
I really loved every minute of that race - it is the first time I was able to do everything - tyre management, fuel (got that a bit wrong as I had to pit twice), strategy, managing what speed I had, braking, not spinning, Avoiding others, piling pressure on, driving conservatively, shifting to save fuel ...

So chuffed you enjoyed our laps - it was really great pushing in certain corners trying to guess what you were going to do next! Thank you very much too mate.

In fact thankyou to everyone for such wonderful competition.

Last edited:
Most boring race in a while, I drove all 60 minute alone. Was too slow to catch up with Aki and clearly faster than Cornelius behind. Barring any major mistakes (and the track is too simple for that to rely on), that was a given.
Reminded me why I don't like this track. I've done a few long races here and all of them were like this one. You really need someone matching your pace to enjoy it, because the track itself is just another dull tilkedrome, you won't get any fun simply driving on it

Congrats to @Aksu, I had no chance to make you a company, sorry for that
Well for me it wasn’t the most eventfull race, but my best one so far. And after more than a year racing in this group, i finally managed to take a podium (had some luck chris wasn’t here) but he, you need some luck sometimes. Sorry couldn’t challenge you demetri, you were just to fast for me. And i had more pace then the guys behind me, so i had the same situation. All with all, very happy with the result. Thanks guys!

I jumped the start and got a drive through lap 2 :(

Managed to catch up a lot of places but then got stuck behind @Marko77 , when i noticed i was being caught i went in for my actual stop then made a ton of places up with some quick laps and when everyone pitted on ~30mins i got back up behind @JamKart22's GTR and looked at that for another 30mins!!! Tyres on 50% at the end, @JamKart22 you took it super cautious on last lap, nearly drove into the back of you on the last turn. Only place i could get closer was exit of T1 up the hill. Nice racing all. Think that's my best result.
Enjoyed that battle. My last lap problems were due to the frame rate dropping dramatically. It was like driving in a slide show!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.5%