AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 21st February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hmm, for it to be available will require me to add support in generate_entry_list. It shouldn't take long, but I'd need to double check the skin list and such, so can't really promise that it will be done this week.

For now I'll put you in as TBD. :)
My Python skills are limited, but it looks like you need to add this into base_skins.json after "ks_glickenhaus_scg003": [ ] entry:
Code:
    "ks_audi_r8_lms": [
        "2014_Hankook_C_Abt_09",
        "2014_Hankook_C_Abt_10",
        "2015_C_Abt_Racing_1",
        "2015_C_Abt_Racing_2",
        "2015_C_Abt_Racing_3",
        "2015_WRT_1",
        "2015_WRT_2",
        "2015_WRT_3",
        "audi_sport",
        "factory_grey",
        "factory_matte",
        "factory_white"
    ]

and this at line 50 of generate_entry_list.py:
Code:
_populate_car_nicknames("ks_audi_r8_lms", ["Audi2009", "Old_Audi", "Audi09"], less_popular=True)

If the car data file (\content\cars\ks_audi_r8_lms\data.acd) is already present on the server (for the sake of the checksum verification preventing cheating car physics) that should do it.

But I see it will also add it to the practice server entry list reducing the count of other available cars a bit which is a bummer if nobody else is gonna use this car. Let me see if I can make the new Audi work on this track. Last time I couldn't make it ride the curbs properly (probably due to stupidly stiff fast dampers even at low settings) and that's a bad thing at RBR. You want to be able to use the inner curb in the last turn without it upsetting the car too much

Hmm, for it to be available will require me to add support in generate_entry_list. It shouldn't take long, but I'd need to double check the skin list and such, so can't really promise that it will be done this week.

For now I'll put you in as TBD. :)

Curious why not all the GT3 cars are available to us. I realise some of the cars in the "GT3" list are GT2, or GTE, but what about the other GT3 cars? The 2017 Porsche, the SLS, etc. I'm just wondering.

Last edited:
Curious why not all the GT3 cars are available to us. I realise some of the cars in the "GT3" list are GT2, or LTE, but what about the other GT3 cars? The 2017 Porsche, the SLS, etc. I'm just wondering.
2017 Porsche is not a GT3 car. SLS is the same as AMG but just slower. MP4-12C is also clearly worse than 650s. New and old Audi though are pretty different machines and the old one is not that bad. The new Audi has less max engine power, is heavier and has overdamped suspension, but it also has much less drag which helps at high speeds (that we're not going to achieve at RBR), more aero options, (though only 0/0 and 1/4 wings are really usable), and its rev limiter is set higher than max hp RPMs.

Last edited:
Congrats on the graduation of your son! Proud day!!

Thanks Chris, it definitely was! Despite the pandemic restrictions, we have been able to let him meet his closest friends, and it was a surprise because they were waiting at our home while he presented his graduating thesis at my mother's home because our internet connection suc*s and he was scared about a disconnection.
Icing on the cake, the internet company phoned us in the afternoon (while still celebrating :laugh:) about the optical fiber connection being finally available (FTTC and not FTTH but better then our 7MB/480k ADSL).

My Python skills are limited, but it looks like you need to add this into base_skins.json after "ks_glickenhaus_scg003": [ ] entry:
Code:
    "ks_audi_r8_lms": [
        "2014_Hankook_C_Abt_09",
        "2014_Hankook_C_Abt_10",
        "2015_C_Abt_Racing_1",
        "2015_C_Abt_Racing_2",
        "2015_C_Abt_Racing_3",
        "2015_WRT_1",
        "2015_WRT_2",
        "2015_WRT_3",
        "audi_sport",
        "factory_grey",
        "factory_matte",
        "factory_white"
    ]

and this at line 50 of generate_entry_list.py:
Code:
_populate_car_nicknames("ks_audi_r8_lms", ["Audi2009", "Old_Audi", "Audi09"], less_popular=True)

If the car data file (\content\cars\ks_audi_r8_lms\data.acd) is already present on the server (for the sake of the checksum verification preventing cheating car physics) that should do it.

But I see it will also add it to the practice server entry list reducing the count of other available cars a bit which is a bummer if nobody else is gonna use this car. Let me see if I can make the new Audi work on this track. Last time I couldn't make it ride the curbs properly (probably due to stupidly stiff fast dampers even at low settings) and that's a bad thing at RBR. You want to be able to use the inner curb in the last turn without it upsetting the car too much

That may be all, but there are a few other things that need checking: I need to check that the practice server distribution still generally looks reasonable even for grids with fewer slots, since now we have more cars to fill it, for example. :)

That may be all, but there are a few other things that need checking: I need to check that the practice server distribution still generally looks reasonable even for grids with fewer slots, since now we have more cars to fill it, for example. :)
I believe it will do the same thing it's doing for AMG now trying to give it twice as few slots as it reserves for other cars. The worst case would be something like stock Zandvoort with 18 slots: 1 given to AMG and old R8 and 2 given to all other cars.

Last edited:
I believe it will do the same thing it's doing for AMG now trying to give it twice as few slots as it reserves for other cars. The worst case would be something like stock Zandvoort with 18 slots: 1 given to AMG and old R8 and 2 given to all other cars.

I believe that too, but it's been a while since I wrote it, so I need to double check how things are assigned in the absolute worst case. I may have time in the coming days.

As for assigning on the practice server, it's possible to make something stronger than less_popular which operates at the entry list level, rather than the car level, but I need to see how cumbersome it is. :)

Last edited:
I believe that too, but it's been a while since I wrote it, so I need to double check how things are assigned in the absolute worst case. I may have time in the coming days.

As for assigning on the practice server, it's possible to make something stronger than less_popular which operates at the entry list level, rather than the car level, but I need to see how cumbersome it is. :)
No worries and thanks for looking into that. As I wrote, I'm gonna try to find a decent setup for the new Audi. Hopefully it will work

Hmm I dont know what it is. Either my line is total **** or I dont have enough grip on the front.
Like every other lap I miss T1 or the last two corners, I always get too wide on the exit. I almost want to blame it on understeer, but I just cant figure out what to change in the setup and not make the other parts of the track worse. Any suggestions for those corners and/or a parameter/s to look at?

Last edited:
Hmm I dont know what it is. Either my line is total **** or I dont have enough grip on the front.
Like every other lap I miss T1 or the last two corners, I always get too wide on the exit. I almost want to blame it on understeer, but I just cant figure out what to change in the setup and not make the other parts of the track worse. Any suggestions for those corners and/or a parameter/s to look at?
Make sure it's not curbs that are throwing your car wide. A good setup should take these corners like this:

Overhead cam:

As for what to adjust - try fast dampers. The setup in these videos has medium fast bump settings and low rebound ones, but that's for a different car, obviously. I don't know if that will work for Z4

Make sure it's not curbs that are throwing your car wide. A good setup should take these corners like this:

Overhead cam:

As for what to adjust - try fast dampers. The setup in these videos has medium fast bump settings and low rebound ones, but that's for a different car, obviously. I don't know if that will work for Z4

What game is that, ACC?

Overhead cam:

Thanks a lot. Will try it out and work more on my lines through those corners.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back