GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
At least with a game like rfactor 2 they may release items and need to update as they go along, but unlike PCars 2 it's not buying a whole new game with same bugs as PCars 1...

At least with a game like rfactor 2 they may release items and need to update as they go along, but unlike PCars 2 it's not buying a whole new game with same bugs as PCars 1...

At least in PCars 2 they offer a proper hud....RF2 is in shambles...their last road map was about what they've done and what they will do in the future, not focused on the immediate future...RF2 is far from being a complete game.

Im gonna test step up from low to med shadows, but seems higher shadows got an update - not medium so there might not be any change. I so want to up to med from low so i have shadows.

Point being these are not updates, it appears that every one of these cars (DLC pack) were @Wip stage or at best beta ..not something you should be paying for ..unless of course you knew exactly what it was you was spending your hard earned money on...maybe "GT3 DLC pack, cars at beta stage but updates to follow" would have worked? ...eh its just my own personal opinion, but updates and improvements are different :)

No they were not wip/beta and nowhere have I seen anyone claim that. If you read the RD thread about GT3 pack it generally got praise and positive feedback. Some of the previous cars they released like the Radical were admittedly a bit half-finished, but the GT3 pack was fully usable. This latest update added some FPS optimizations on higher shadow settings, which doesn't mean previous version was "beta".

The updates to performance seem good, but after the update FFB feels a little numb in the first 45 degrees of turning. I drove the GT3's yesterday before the update and the cars were nice and positive. After the update, running same session settings the car feels unresponsive, even on the straights. Like a deadzone, but not!! Just doesn't seem to feel any weight or grip until wheel is turned further into the corner.

Anyone else think there's a difference?

Where can I download this update? Link to Download page would be nice....

If you've previously purchased the pack, launch Steam.

Then on the menu with your sign in name go to the inventory option.

You will then be able to see purchased options for RFactor2.

I have to pick each car and then unsubscribe/subscribe from the Workshop whenever there is an update.

The updates are not automatic for me. The workshop updater within RF2 tries the update but it always fails for some reason, even though it's downloading a newer version of the content.

If you've yet to purchase the pack you can find it through the RFactor 2 Steam store page :thumbsup:

does anyone know if the Endurance lights allow you to see better than the sprint lights at night. I briefly tested before I left for work and I'm not sure if there's a difference, it feels like I can see better but that could just be placebo.

I am not sure, if I fully understand what some people are writing here. The level of stupidity has reached a new peak it seems.

If you release a DLC two weeks after the planned release date, you are called lazy and a liar. If you then release the pack and keep updating and improving it afterwards though it is perfectly usable from the get go, you are called a greedy business man only going for the money. Seriously? So much fuzz about a f*cking patch to improve content that people paid for.

Every sim dev does it, some more some less. It is called maintaining your product and I am glad when I see devs doing it. But it could just be, that people are reading too much PRC.

I am not sure, if I fully understand what some people are writing here. The level of stupidity has reached a new peak it seems.

If you release a DLC two weeks after the planned release date, you are called lazy and a liar. If you then release the pack and keep updating and improving it afterwards though it is perfectly usable from the get go, you are called a greedy business man only going for the money. Seriously? So much fuzz about a f*cking patch to improve content that people paid for.

Every sim dev does it, some more some less. It is called maintaining your product and I am glad when I see devs doing it. But it could just be, that people are reading too much PRC.
Does not matter what you do or what sim you play everyone loves complaining man its life on the forums sadly :D you just can not win .

At least in PCars 2 they offer a proper hud....RF2 is in shambles...their last road map was about what they've done and what they will do in the future, not focused on the immediate future...RF2 is far from being a complete game.

You could argue PCars 1 wasn't isn't complete, yet we find ourselves at PCars 2 and in few months talk will switch to PCars 3 and "what we will get right this time"...

I'm with you my friend. Some people are just never happy! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Certainly nothing wrong with fixing or refining anything IMO, certainly so long as its free.
The real problem arises when issues get carried over from one game to the next, codies, SMS, Turn 10 etc etc.
Basically you are paying for the same issues that were never fixed in previous games.

Certainly nothing wrong with fixing or refining anything IMO, certainly so long as its free.
The real problem arises when issues get carried over from one game to the next, codies, SMS, Turn 10 etc etc.
Basically you are paying for the same issues that were never fixed in previous games.

FIFA! bloody game has bugs and game play issues in FIFA18 that were present in FIFA14 :(

Because "If a product suffers from a damaged reputation, then you can NEVER make up for it; no matter what you do. That's the way business works".

I respect the efforts from Marcel, but he's pulling on a dead horse.
Once dead, it will never come alive. Whether you like it or not, that's reality.
I ran business all my life and respectfully disagree!

I ran business all my life and respectfully disagree!
Wow these people are crazy wonder what walk of life they come from ,
"pulling on a dead horse" come on people ,

RF2 never looked so promising they release a patch and everyone starts crying , they dont release a patch and everyone complains the content is wrong needs fixing ?
nothing more than a few fixes to improve the content at least they making an effort :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back