GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
eh updates are good for sure, we all love updates ...but this is for a DLC pack that was sold for almost £15.00 ..I cant help thinking that the pack was just not ready to go on sale and should never have been released before each and every car was 100% complete

Would you walk into a shop and buy a new item before it was fit for purpose ...

Just tested, my observations
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars. Yes! Solid 60fps. Can even put textures back to max 16x from previous setting 8x. Really improved on my machine, far more appealing to drive now. Enjoying the GT3's.
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings. only a maybe here for me. Increased setting from Low to Med. Start of a race losing 20fps. After 1st lap at some places in track consistent 10fps drop, other places 0fps drop. Still appears to me to be a distance vs detail? If I'm more than ~50m behind other cars 0fps drop, get close and 10fps drop. Shadows look way better at Med than Low. Hopefully others experience is a bit better for fps?
All testing at NOLA, 10 AI, late afternoon, triples.

eh updates are good for sure, we all love updates ...but this is for a DLC pack that was sold for almost £15.00 ..I cant help thinking that the pack was just not ready to go on sale and should never have been released before each and every car was 100% complete
I guess this was to calm the nerves of everybody: the media, the users, etc. I think they were ready to go for sale, after driving them more.

Let's see.

Say this item was a novelty chocolate bar that had 5 flavors that were really famous. The company that produced the previous iteration of this chocolate collection (called "chocolate barFactor 1") was really famous: even Wonka himself used to consume the barFactor 1. It was chocolate, but it had many flavors and textures not found in other chocolates. You could add anything to it, and it would magically work and taste really good.

Then this company started development of "chocolate collection barFactor 2". However, this didn't have the success of the first: it differed much from it. Although it was an improvement in many areas, it suffered from many problems not found in the first iteration, it was more difficult to add modifications to this chocolate, and so it didn't grow nearly as much.

7 years later, development of this chocolate collection was pretty much dead. It became one of the most unpopular chocolate collections out there (contrary to the first one), and it was literally dying.

Then a new team of developers took over. Their first task was to renew the visuals of this chocolate: it looked damn old, nothing like newer chocolates. They did it, for free.
Then they added one new little piece here (Zandvoort flavor), another there (Radical curves). These weren't complete, but they certainly refreshed the brand and gave new light to the product that was once dead.

The vast majority of consumers from this brand loved how things were being commanded since the new team took over. They were anxious to see what new addition their favorite chocolate would have, and would love to help this company improve everything, and almost everybody was willing to pay.

A very good thing then happened: Willy Wonka started a competition: world's fastest chocolate eater. The new development team announced 5 new and big addition to their favorite and unique chocolate, things most other boring chocolates had, so it was a good thing. However, they only revealed one addition, the one supposed to be used by Wonka and his competition: the chocLaren 650S. You could buy this one addition separate, or buy the entire pack that was announced, but the other 4 additions were a mystery.

As the saying goes, you put money into something earlier in development, and it comes faster to everybody. So, by this, a lot of people bought the entire pack with the 5 additions.

When the additions were almost ready, everybody was hungry from all these years without seeing their favorite chocolate get a new addition, most were loving how things were moving fast ever since the new team took over, and I bet most would LOVE to see some great additions to their favorite chocolate as a result of all this, despite them not being fully ready yet.

Are you gonna say you never took a cookie out of the oven a bit earlier because you were hungry and you know how good your mama's cookies are? ;)

C'mon.

I agree with you but at the same time I'm glad they released it early, S397 forums were becoming a pain with people complaining and posting the same thing every day, the cars made them shut up for a while

I guess this was to calm the nerves of everybody: the media, the users, etc. I think they were ready to go for sale, after driving them more.

Let's see.

Say this item was a novelty chocolate bar that had 5 flavors that were really famous. The company that produced the previous iteration of this chocolate collection (called "chocolate barFactor 1") was really famous: even Wonka himself used to consume the barFactor 1. It was chocolate, but it had many flavors and textures not found in other chocolates. You could add anything to it, and it would magically work and taste really good.

Then this company started development of "chocolate collection barFactor 2". However, this didn't have the success of the first: it differed much from it. Although it was an improvement in many areas, it suffered from many problems not found in the first iteration, it was more difficult to add modifications to this chocolate, and so it didn't grow nearly as much.

7 years later, development of this chocolate collection was pretty much dead. It became one of the most unpopular chocolate collections out there (contrary to the first one), and it was literally dying.

Then a new team of developers took over. Their first task was to renew the visuals of this chocolate: it looked damn old, nothing like newer chocolates. They did it, for free.
Then they added one new little piece here (Zandvoort flavor), another there (Radical curves). These weren't complete, but they certainly refreshed the brand and gave new light to the product that was once dead.

The vast majority of consumers from this brand loved how things were being commanded since the new team took over. They were anxious to see what new addition their favorite chocolate would have, and would love to help this company improve everything, and almost everybody was willing to pay.

A very good thing then happened: Willy Wonka started a competition: world's fastest chocolate eater. The new development team announced 5 new and big addition to their favorite and unique chocolate, things most other boring chocolates had, so it was a good thing. However, they only revealed one addition, the one supposed to be used by Wonka and his competition: the chocLaren 650S. You could buy this one addition separate, or buy the entire pack that was announced, but the other 4 additions were a mystery.

As the saying goes, you put money into something earlier in development, and it comes faster to everybody. So, by this, a lot of people bought the entire pack with the 5 additions.

When the additions were almost ready, everybody was hungry from all these years without seeing their favorite chocolate get a new addition, most were loving how things were moving fast ever since the new team took over, and I bet most would LOVE to see some great additions to their favorite chocolate as a result of all this, despite them not being fully ready yet.

Are you gonna say you never took a cookie out of the oven a bit earlier because you were hungry and you know how good your mama's cookies are? ;)

C'mon.

Thanks, I am hungry now...I just forced mama to do cookies and buy chocolate...

I agree with you but at the same time I'm glad they released it early, S397 forums were becoming a pain with people complaining and posting the same thing every day, the cars made them shut up for a while

I rarely visit that forum so really can not comment ...I am not against rFactor2 in any way, I actually think this sim has huge potential and they are well on there way ...but this DLC pack was at wip stage, at best beta (imo I might add) ...so just a little pissed about that aspect.

Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11

This is the only one that does not say: "Added endurance lights"
I'm curious if it already came with it, or just doesn't have it yet? I haven't bought the DLC yet, was waiting for it to be worked out some and come with some actual paint job choices.

I personally do not mind a product released slightly earilier, maybe 90% complete because if I can see or have the foresight that this mod has the potential to become a great addition to a Sim, then I have no problem purchasing the mod /DLC even though it is not fully completed...plus the developers have bills to pay so a little cash injection early on to help further production is a good thing...only my 2 cents

This is the only one that does not say: "Added endurance lights"
I'm curious if it already came with it, or just doesn't have it yet? I haven't bought the DLC yet, was waiting for it to be worked out some and come with some actual paint job choices.

i believe the AMG already had the endurance lights as an option on the tuning screen.

Let's see.

C'mon.
WOW! :speechless:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%