GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 Updated Again

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the recent GT3 Power Pack DLC, marking the second time the Dutch studio have brought improvements to the latest rF2 DLC.

Seemingly popular throughout the community, the new GT3 'Power Pack' DLC has been hit with a few performance issues that have hopefully been rectified as part of the second update release today. Now expected to produce better framerate performance when using higher shadow settings than previously possible with earlier builds, Studio 397 are hopeful that this update will resolve any outstanding issues experienced by those who have purchased this latest pack.

GT3 Pack Update 2 Notes

McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v1.85
  • Improved performance when running higher shadow settings.
  • Improved performance through further LOD improvements to opponent cars.
  • Added endurance lights.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v1.23
Callaway C7 GT3 2017 v1.23
  • Fix for team creation not working.
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v1.11
Radical RRXC GT3 v1.17
rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation by Studio 397, available to purchase now.

rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 2.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2 - 3.jpg
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC Update 2.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the rFactor 2 simulation. Join us to involve yourself in the rFactor community, take part in some great Club and League racing events and immerse yourself in all things rFactor 2!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to see yet another update to these awesome GT3 machines? Has the new update improved performance on your system? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
While I welcome updates to rFactor 2, I feel that its becoming a niche of a niche title, it needs so much content to catch up to other Sims on the market sadly.
I didn't buy the new GT3 pack as the GT500 runs so badly for me(crazy 1sec lag/stutter with GTX 1080) with 20 cars at Silverstone I'm afraid to commit to new content :(

While I welcome updates to rFactor 2, I feel that its becoming a niche of a niche title, it needs so much content to catch up to other Sims on the market sadly.
I didn't buy the new GT3 pack as the GT500 runs so badly for me(crazy 1sec lag/stutter with GTX 1080) with 20 cars at Silverstone I'm afraid to commit to new content :(

I like it because it is niche, I have all the racing 'sims' and rfactor fits into the box marked 'niche' very nicely for me. Taking a car out around Silverstone on a green track and simply just driving it round and round and each lap as the tyres come in and the rubber gets laid down feels different and you can start to feel where the grip is and just feel the track evolve and lap times tumble. Awesome.

Marcel should have made a fresh new game that doesn't smell like a musty old basement.

Totally!! I've mentioned this a few times in the official forum and the response is always relicensing issues, blah, blah, blah..... but regardless of all their efforts to make it look/work better, it'll always be a musty old basement as you put it.
I love the physics and gameplay aspect of the game but I hate pretty much everything else of it.

Totally!! I've mentioned this a few times in the official forum and the response is always relicensing issues, blah, blah, blah..... but regardless of all their efforts to make it look/work better, it'll always be a musty old basement as you put it.
I love the physics and gameplay aspect of the game but I hate pretty much everything else of it.

And how in gods name are you going to finance that approach if it is the more easy and especialy customer friendly way to pick up where ISI left of? Some people here seem to be living from hot air.

I would love to see updated some old content like the Lime Rock circuit and the Honda NSX.
Marcel, please, bring them back in the game. :cry:
Completely agree with you. Much of the official content is still not updated.

New content like GT3 DLC has been very good (and they also needed to make cash). But before they continue to get new content, I prefer that they finish updating to dx11 all the ISI stuff (Lime Rock Park, Honda NSX, Corvette C6, Renault Megane Trophy, Skip Barber, F3, F2,...).

I almost forgot the Brabham BT44B (original ISI project). Will it be finished one day?

Last edited:
And how in gods name are you going to finance that approach if it is the more easy and especialy customer friendly way to pick up where ISI left of? Some people here seem to be living from hot air.

Ohhh the small detail of money....well I know that. Let's just say I like bringing up the "RF3" topic when there's a chance so hopefully S397 considers it sooner rather than later.
As I said, in terms of physics and gameplay nothing comes close to RF2 but the other aspects of the game are slowly driving me away from it, which I hate to say.

Funny you used the words "customer friendly" because even though you meant it in a different way, if there's something that RF2 is not, is customer friendly (with that stupid package system and what not).

If S397 needs more money for further developement, then I suggest they get it from ISI which charged the full price for a half baked product. I'm certainly not willing to pay more for their shortfall; I'm not a benefactor.

This DLC was absolutely unnecessary. We already have the Apex/URD/Simtek- and Enduracers mod (which are good enough for great racing), so it adds actually nothing. Another so many wasted hours which they better had spend on further developing the core engine or rather came up with a totally new game.
In case of a new game, charging money would've been justified; in case of ISI's left over, it isn't.

Last edited:
At 20 odd quid and in DX11 its well worth being in any collection.
I'll keep it around for the exclusive content for sure, but as a product, it's a sad collection of content with a Steam Workshop that gives me a bunch of errors every time there is an update. I'd recommend the demo to a newcomer any time.

I'm sure it's a major problem, and the financial aspect can't be ignored, so I understand. I also understand it was quite the daring/reckless move to take over rF2 so late, but we don't know what deals are in place behind the curtain. The cloud cover moves, the lighting is better, there is a bit more content, cool...

I would love to see updated some old content like the Lime Rock circuit and the Honda NSX.
Marcel, please, bring them back in the game. :cry:
From 3PA stuff, to 2012 stuff, to late-ISI stuff, to S397 stuff, the quality and style is all over the place...

I'll bite... what, in your opinion, would make it a fresh new game?
... which is why I would have liked a new modern shell with only the most high-quality content in a new engine without old quirks, old content, inconsistent visuals and outdated features, a bit like how Assetto Corsa started out. Build on that foundation for the future, because even though rF2 is far from "launch-window rF2" now, it's several laps down. Even NASCAR couldn't manage to add enough laps to allow it to come back.

frustrated arcade player Pc2 :roflmao::p
Oh, I've played a lot more netKar Pro and rF2 than the Project CARS games combined, but PC2 would be my ultimate racer at the moment, too bad its wealth of features means it will never be polished.

I can appreciate a studio that supports its product and sells additional content, but at some point you have to accept to move on and start anew when technology and visuals have moved on. Not everyone is interested in modding N2003 and RBR until 2030.

This. Wouldn't lost licenses be a pro because all the pre-Sector397 content should be ditched and buried anyway. :)

It's always been a mystery to me why they chose to improve rF2 instead of building something interesting around the already solid base. Proper fresh start. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't lost licenses be a pro because all the pre-Sector397 content should be ditched and buried anyway. :)
How about a Mazda MX5 series at Lime Rock, Atlanta, NOLA and that Florida circuit? Add Road Atlanta and Phoenix and you've got a decent start of something. Move up to Star Mazda and keep adding circuits, and why not with a rating system like iRacing? Then add another tier. Make the player want to play and compete, with a clear path and consistent competition with limited content that gets all used and that works together.

Keep it tight, Finnbro!!!!!11

Personally I couldn't care less about HUD's. I like it as in real life: you, the car, and the track.

Wanna know if you're working the tyres too hard? Wait a few laps and experience the trashed out rubber. That is, of course, to someone who know how to find the proper grip while driving at or a bit over the limit, but still wanna go for a bit more aggressive driving. Or just do one real pushed out lap, then conserve the tyres.

Fuel? Already displayed in all modern (50's-now) cars AFAIK.

Wanna know your position in old cars with no radio? Wait for the race to finish or to see a member of your crew with those old boards showing place/lap-time/etc.
Wanna know your position in modern cars? Call the garage over the radio. I don't know if this feature exists in rF2, but it does on GTR2. If you can't call the garage, open the HUD every 3 or 4 laps and only look this information.
But the really cool thing is to have your race engineer call you back: it's distorted, and you can have problems listening because of low volume or because his mic is distorted.

Flags? None of those on-screen (my monitor) digital things, please. Either a human waving it, the LED ones at the track (like small TV's), or on my car's display (e.g. modern GTE cars).

Tyre pressure? You'll feel if it's out of balance.

Track map? Oh please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now take a look at the image bellow. An emotionless, cluttered, racing screen. Everything is presented to the user, he's never in the darkness, never flying blind, always knowing it all. No blind-spots either, he always sees opponents coming because of the always-on virtual mirror.
There's no fun in that ;) No excitement, anxiousness, or adrenaline.
trackmap-jpg.65105

Me? I prefer this one (with a smaller FOV):
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
And about the UI: I don't care about them either.

UI's are a means to get you to some place. Like in X-Plane 10, I couldn't care less about the UI in rFactor 2. If I can manage the race and car, I'm onboard. I wouldn't care if I needed to walk through an ugly hall or a beautiful one to get to my race car in real life, I'd want to race and only that.

But of course, that's just my opinion. I don't mind new UI's if users want them. I myself wouldn't ask for it as there are more important things to solve in rF2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%