AC GT3 @ PORTIMAO, Sunday 2nd May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_algarve_international_circuit_2-4-121-12-21-36.jpg

Customary hangtime shot from the algarve...

edit: for context :)

Last edited:
Cheers guys, I already moved the radar central, just felt weird not being able to see, the side mirrors are also pretty useless. Have to say, having tried other VR headsets in the past, that the reverb is night and day better than anything with a screen door, but at 2k per eye, its pushing even my 2080ti, time for a 3090 i think! I've got not chance in ACC!

Results: https://simresults.net/210502-S2R

Great race everyone! From my side a good one, always happy when I go faster than the last time out, and I beat my race PB by 0.3 seconds this time which was a nice surprise considering I had a lot less practice.

Decided as a fun gimmick I'd hook up my cycling heart rate monitor and see what it looked like through some code browns, battles, and the like. Surprisingly high considering the lack of physical activity, I didn't expect it would go anywhere near that high considering my resting heart rate is 60-65 bpm. Fascinating watching it go super high at the beginning of the race and raise a lot consistently in certain corners where you have to concentrate, lower and raise again in the pits, and lower a lot at the end.

Congrats to Andreas and Stefan on the podium, and thanks for organising Han! :)

Last edited:
Good race guys, remembered what I was missing now :)

I had some great midfield battles with a few of you, i forget who it was but, @Programmer_Rich, I was stuck behind your GTR for a while, eventually found a way past, looked like it just wasn't working for you in the last corner as I was right under your wing by the start of the straight.

Back next week for some more fun, thanks to all those involved in making these races happen :)

Last edited:
What an interesting race if you were in a Nissan, it got properly clobbered on the last corner before the straight, normally a happy hunting ground for my dear old bus.
I can only talk about, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren lost about a second on that one corner alone, so much so, overtaking was just pointless, an easy re overtake for any one of those three cars on the last corner, but had reasonable pace on the rest of the circuit.:)
That aside had a very settled race, really enjoyed the race, no incidences, just buzzing off the laps.
Cheers to Han @HF2000 for organising a great race, well done podiums.
Oh! almost for got had some great and fair battles with Han, Felix, etc, etc. :)

Thanks everyone for joining! I hope you had fun.

I didn't have a good race. First laps I felt Ernie's eyes burning in my neck although Felix was still in between us. Ernie knows I always make a mistake and like a vulture he's waiting patiently for that moment. Which is a good quality for racing :thumbsup: !
I spun three times. One time because of a kerb and the other two in T11 which is off camber I guess. Massive sudden oversteer there. If anyone has some advice for that, I would be grateful.

Congrats to the podium and hope to see you next week. You don't have to travel far this time :D !

Last edited:
Not a lucky race, in qualy i didn't manage to repeat my practice time but anyway i managed to gain a few positions in the first lap, but then in the second lap an audi spun in T1 and i hit it pretty hard and spun too.
A few laps later the same situation happened but this time it was me in front, i managed to keep the car but i was closely followed and i alredy knew that the guy behind couldn't do anything but hit me.

At least i had a good time in the second stint with Colin, a good duel even with not that much overtakes :)

Just having a good night read here :p

Hope you all had fun!
Chris what was your peak heart rate? :D

Cheers guys, I already moved the radar central, just felt weird not being able to see, the side mirrors are also pretty useless. Have to say, having tried other VR headsets in the past, that the reverb is night and day better than anything with a screen door, but at 2k per eye, its pushing even my 2080ti, time for a 3090 i think! I've got not chance in ACC!
Did you try to configure the smart mirrors from csp to your liking?
Afaik you can move them like real mirrors and they also respond to your head position so they're basically like real mirrors.

Might be quite helpful for cars without a rear mirror!

There are a lot of settings in that extension and some might eat up your cpu performance but I'm sure there are some guides out there to give you the best settings :)

I only tried the smart mirrors very briefly when I had my rift for a 2 months.
But changing the mirrors from "paintings" to "mirrors" made it a lot better, even when just cruising around!

160 bpm in lap 1 turn 1, which is fascinatingly high to me. Even when I'm doing FTP test I only reach 190. It's in the video that I'll post once processed as well :)
Gonna have a look! :)

160 is decently high indeed! When I recorded my heart rate during a Nordschleife event, I was mainly between 110-130 but as soon as I had a car close to me, it was more about 140-150 :geek: :whistling:

Last edited:
Not a lucky race, in qualy i didn't manage to repeat my practice time but anyway i managed to gain a few positions in the first lap, but then in the second lap an audi spun in T1 and i hit it pretty hard and spun too.
A few laps later the same situation happened but this time it was me in front, i managed to keep the car but i was closely followed and i alredy knew that the guy behind couldn't do anything but hit me.

At least i had a good time in the second stint with Colin, a good duel even with not that much overtakes :)
Thanks for a nice battle. I finally made a mistake and you slipped past

Thanks Han for organising, great event!

I was happy with how things were going first stint, got to P8 from a P15 start. Made 1 small mistake under no pressure which gave @demetri the 1 litre undercut. My softs might have put him under pressure at the end... then this happened... A HR monitor would have been interesting. I was shook after it!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.