AC GT3 @ PORTIMAO, Sunday 2nd May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
is there a gt3 car best suited for a beginner?
As Han mentioned the Z4 is a very forgiving car for beginners while it also has the potential (like any other GT3 car) to be quick around most tracks. I am driving it myself since my sim racing debut. I would also suggest, go with the MX5 cup on Wednesday first, learn the track, and when you feel comfortable enough, just join us for the Sunday race. After the Wednesday race you would still have 3 1/2 days for practice the GT3 ;)

Last edited:
As Han mentioned the Z4 is a very forgiving car for beginners while it also has the potential (like any other GT3 car) to be quick around most tracks. I am driving it myself since my sim racing debut. I would also suggest, go with the MX5 cup on Wednesday first, learn the track, and when you feel comfortable enough, just join us for the Sunday race. After the Wednesday race you would still have 3 1/2 days for practice the GT3 ;)
thank you so much

Such a fun track, though this particular mod isn't of good quality in my opinion. Not only it looks pretty bad visually, but the track geometry is also wrong, e.g. you can't see T13 at all when approaching it which is not the case for the real track (
)

Sadly, I probably won't be able to participate as I'm doing another Portimao event just before this one and will likely be too exhausted to do one more race after a two hour stint. But maybe I'm still gonna be OK, so if there're any spots left available till the race can you reserve one R8 for me just in case please?

I agree. This track is fun (IRL I'm sure) but this copy is awful. Watching that video shows just how /wrong/ the track is. Also the track limits are way too severe - don't put a wheel off anywhere else your time is deleted...

I've probably chosen the wrong track come back on but after some practice I decided to enter this weekend and get back to some racing ;) These blind corners are a real pain! And dunno if its my settings or the track, but there are no braking markers either!

Only problem is I bought a Reverb G2 which runs lovely but I cannot get a rear view mirror to work which (even with carradar/helicorsa), makes me nervous entering an online race as I cannot see whats behind me! What do other VR users do? Without a mirror i'm almost certainly just going to yield as I cant defend properly without running the risk of destroying someones race. The usual F11 rear view mirror doesnt appear to work at all in VR.

I've probably chosen the wrong track come back on but after some practice I decided to enter this weekend and get back to some racing ;) These blind corners are a real pain! And dunno if its my settings or the track, but there are no braking markers either!

Only problem is I bought a Reverb G2 which runs lovely but I cannot get a rear view mirror to work which (even with carradar/helicorsa), makes me nervous entering an online race as I cannot see whats behind me! What do other VR users do? Without a mirror i'm almost certainly just going to yield as I cant defend properly without running the risk of destroying someones race. The usual F11 rear view mirror doesnt appear to work at all in VR.

Hi Dave. I have the track map in he upper A pillar, realtime where the left hand air vent is and helicorsa slap on the middle of the windscreen. The lambo has no mirror or tv so it's tricky but i'm used to it now. I think the maccer is the same and only has side mirrors.

I abandoned the 488, even with its dash tv i wasn't used to it, and went with the 911 and bmw for the fist two vr races. They have proper rear view mirrors so should be easier to start with. If you are still nervous just don't set a qualy time and take it easy from the back.

650S please for me, I know it says it'll run outside of SGP but says you can still sign up in SGP, but couldn't find it
Hi David, welcome back! Yes, sorry about the sign up through s.gp. I have some discussion going on that within the staff. For this race the s.gp event is deleted but I forgot the remove that text in this thread. I have now, thanks.

Same here but by now I’m used to race without virtual mirror. Isn’t that bad

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea