AC GT3 @ Portimão - Sunday 5th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
OK, I've done a few practice laps and I don't completely hate the track, but what is with that bump in the middle of the high speed left hander halfway round?

Expect some certified Porsche Oversteer Moments from me...

OK, I've done a few practice laps and I don't completely hate the track, but what is with that bump in the middle of the high speed left hander halfway round?

Expect some certified Porsche Oversteer Moments from me...
That really throws me off that bump, maybe it's just me but i'm sure the track/kerb doesn't actually show it visually. I've tried going round it but it extends into the track and you just end up going wide, super soft front left dampers?

Ui difficult track to learn with all the blind entries. Can't wait to join one of the fast guys and take a look at their line ;)

Yeah, I'll need to do a bit more meddling with the damper settings. The Porsche's inherent instability doesn't help much, though.
Even with an "ok" damper setup, it doesn't cure the bump problem, really. Either you coast a bit until you hit the bump which seems to be near the apex of the corner, or you go a bit wide at that corner, which doesn't inherently punish you I don't think... Also yep, track limits for qualy are f***ed, but usually in the race you'll get more leniency as at all tracks.

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_algarve_international_circuit_3-7-120-16-46-54.jpg

did someone say bump?

@Chris Down please sign me out.
I have installed the mod, the pedals worked brilliantly for 5 minutes and then the whole wheels shuts down and resets itself like it's just plugged in. Then I start to use it and it shuts down again like it has no power ...
I have disconnect the pedals from the wheels base and it doesn't shut down again, or at least not in the 3-4 minutes I've waited. So I might have connected the cables wrong ... I have to reopen the pedals again ...
P.S. this is the last time I will do it. Last time I had to cut into a head screw to make myself an opening because the original head was almost round. Barely got it out (of course I didn't use it again)
If this time I can't fix them I'll just upgrade and sell the G29 for scraps. I tried to find something similar, to buy only the pedals or something, but I couldn't.
I will go for a T300RS GT. (The TS PS si quite expensive and all I've found was without the oedals, so I have to buy them separately witch just adds up at almost double than a T300 -80% more-.)

Just looked at the price of sim gear, after reading the above.
Bit shocked at the prices, you really cannot do this sport on the cheap any more, and get reasonable gear.:(

@Chris Down please sign me out.
I have installed the mod, the pedals worked brilliantly for 5 minutes and then the whole wheels shuts down and resets itself like it's just plugged in. Then I start to use it and it shuts down again like it has no power ...
I have disconnect the pedals from the wheels base and it doesn't shut down again, or at least not in the 3-4 minutes I've waited. So I might have connected the cables wrong ... I have to reopen the pedals again ...
P.S. this is the last time I will do it. Last time I had to cut into a head screw to make myself an opening because the original head was almost round. Barely got it out (of course I didn't use it again)
If this time I can't fix them I'll just upgrade and sell the G29 for scraps. I tried to find something similar, to buy only the pedals or something, but I couldn't.
I will go for a T300RS GT. (The TS PS si quite expensive and all I've found was without the oedals, so I have to buy them separately witch just adds up at almost double than a T300 -80% more-.)
You might have a similar Facebook group in Romania Raresch, but I joined this one:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1908644102732456 and very often there's some great bargains. If you offered to pay postage to Romania you might get a good deal. Good luck!

Have not driven the Gt3 on this track, practiced in the McLaren F1 for the cancelled event, that was was plain difficult, so I got used to not using much if any kerbs, you certainly did not want to do that in the F1.
The bump you mentioned was ok if you don’t hit the actual kerb, but took some of the bump then you could keep your foot in and still get the corner right. Try and miss the bump and then you won’t get the corner right.
I hope I don’t live to regret these comments on Sunday night, keeping my faith in the GTR, using Brands Hatch setup, there are similarities in the two circuits, I hope.:unsure:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.