AC GT3 @ PORTIMAO, Sunday 2nd May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-71-af-corse-ferrari-488-gte-davide-rigon-sam-bird.jpg

IMPORTANT: We have some problems with running AC events from the RD community on s.gp. So for now we will probably use the RD servers for the race. More information on this topic can be found in the 3rd post of this thread.

Becoming a tradition we're following Lewis and Max to Portugal to the beautiful Algarve International Circuit, better know as Portimao. It's famous for its constantly undulating nature with big downhill slopes and right-hand turns after the main straight. The track is also good for overtaking because of the circuit width. So come join us for 60 minutes of GT3 action!

Portimao-Bike1-2008.36614d40a9b5c4073ab69b512393cdda.png

On Wednesdays, there is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for this race by joining a multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 Cup event on the same track. You can learn the racing lines, overtaking spots and even the braking points in a car that's less demanding than the GT3s -- and you can still have a lot of fun at the same time! Search for the multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 event on the Assetto Club Racing forum or on the RaceDepartment community on simracing.gp.

Join us

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #12
  • Race Server: #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Algarve international Circuit (download here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/algarve-international-circuit.2874/ )
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Free practice: server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 18:00 UTC (1 hour 20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry list:
1. @HF2000 - 488
2. @JamKart22 - GT-R
3. @random2k4 - Z4
4. @Chris Down - 650s
5. @jackdyson31 - GT-R
6. @Programmer_Rich - GT-R
7. @SOLO59 - R8
8. @K_a_n_t_e - R8
9. @hape - 650s
10. @Taj Johal - 488
11. @640er - 650s
12. @Kek700 - GT-R
13. @edo22 - AMG
14. @Partick Eaton - Z4
15. @demetri - R8 (reserve)
16. @Fiberoptix - Lambo
17. @Interslice - Lambo
18. @UHF79 - 650s
19. @thom462 - 650s
20. @pattikins - 650s

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Extra information regarding s.gp:

As most of you know we encountered some stability problems with events organized through s.gp. The people of the platform are working hard to solve it but until then we will go back to the 'old' RD servers.
There will still be an event listed on S.gp for easy finding, but it will be a closed event to force sign up through this thread, which is the only way to organize with the RD servers.

The consequences are:
- you have to post here to sign up with your choice of car.
- you can't choose your livery anymore
- results are not recorded on s.gp nor are your stats updated.
- the s.gp event will not start due to the lack of participants.
- a staff member will fire up the race RD server manually at starting time.
- staff have more work to do for preparation.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We trust that this situation will be temporarely and that the problems with s.gp will be solved.

Sign me up please! Much respect for organizing Han! I do kind of miss my old work schedule but my new job allows me to support these races every Sunday! If another league starts up, I can finally join one! Lol I even did a US server race last Tuesday ACC on SGP. This is the 9-5 life I've been missing out on for years lol

is there a gt3 car best suited for a beginner?
Hi Dominic. If you're a real beginner with Assetto Corsa, I would say no. My advice is to begin with the MX5 Cup in the Wednesday event. When you feel confident in racing with others, you can try the Audi TT in the same event. The next step than can be the GT3 where the BMW Z4 is in general named as the best car for starters. This way you can learn gradually racing, tracks and setup options. If you have any question, post them in a thread. In our community there are a lot of helpful guys. Hope to see you on track!

Hi Dominic. If you're a real beginner with Assetto Corsa, I would say no. My advice is to begin with the MX5 Cup in the Wednesday event. When you feel confident in racing with others, you can try the Audi TT in the same event. The next step than can be the GT3 where the BMW Z4 is in general named as the best car for starters. This way you can learn gradually racing, tracks and setup options. If you have any question, post them in a thread. In our community there are a lot of helpful guys. Hope to see you on track!
thank you

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years