AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Sunday 3rd December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 3rd December we are at the Nurburgring Nordschleife, for some GT3 action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All Race Department premium members with their full real name added to their forum profile as well as in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Nurburgring-Nordschleife+GP-NoArena-03.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #8 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minute - Race

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife GP
  • Pit stop: Mandatory stop between 10 and 50 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Sign up via link closes lunch time on race day, but you can still sign up below in the forum!

Sign up info (New members welcome! Post below or send me a PM to get a signup account!!)

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 3 warnings before a drive through penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Last edited:
The mercedes (mercer) from RSS is probably one of my favorite cars in AC at the moment. Before that I wasn't super big into the GT3s, but the feeling that gives through the FFB, weight transfer, abs, aero grip etc really makes the class come alive for me.

I also really enjoy the URD BMW and Corvette. All the cars are really great and have their own style to drive with.

Last edited:
Howdy!
What's the deal with a blinking yellow thing on the dash (that applies to RSS cars, I haven't tried URD ones yet) on the practice server and how can I make it stop? It's pretty annoying

Last edited:
Howdy!
What's the deal with a blinking yellow thing on the dash (that applies to RSS cars, I haven't tried URD ones yet) on the practice server and how can I make it stop? It's pretty annoying
haha, i had the same question. not sure if there is a way to make it go away. if you find out let me know...

haha, i had the same question. not sure if there is a way to make it go away. if you find out let me know...
It probably can be done via CSP car config file. Some time ago, I managed to remove that stupid unsafety net of the stock Audi LMS 2016 which obscured everything on the left side there). You can make elements of the car model non-renderable there and than they just disappear. Was quite a relief to have the net go away, I could finally see through left hairpin turns properly.

But I have a feeling that this little light has some useful purpose. Maybe it is supposed to notify you of blue and yellow flags, but somehow the feature is broken? I also have no clue about digits it displays from time to time. What are those?

It probably can be done via CSP car config file. Some time ago, I managed to remove that stupid unsafety net of the stock Audi LMS 2016 which obscured everything on the left side there). You can make elements of the car model non-renderable there and than they just disappear. Was quite a relief to have the net go away, I could finally see through left hairpin turns properly.

But I have a feeling that this little light has some useful purpose. Maybe it is supposed to notify you of blue and yellow flags, but somehow the feature is broken? I also have no clue about digits it displays from time to time. What are those?
Yes, i know what you mean about being able to turn off certain elements. I've heard that the center support pillar of the halo in open wheelers can also be turned off in a similar manner. I was happy to learn of that since that thing in the middle of my line of sight really bugged the crap out of me. I suppose the safety net on the driver's side window would do the same.

Not really sure why that light blinks, sometimes more furiously than other times. but I do believe the digits display the number of liters of fuel you have left.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea