AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 7th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nooo if it was you that is great, I enjoyed it - the McLaren looks threatening in the mirrors and it reminds me of the inevitable fate of being overtaken (which I detest, even in road cars) - as far as I am concerned you are supposed to aggressive and uncompromising. The crew cheif kept whispering that you were catching and I knew I had to find a way to keep that McLaren behind for a few more mins (which I did) : it was exciting, scary, I felt alive.The whole race was so immersive - I can't stop thinking about it and what a great start with AC and all of you guys.

The only one incident that was tough happened right at the beginning : another McLaren was pushing really hard behind me and since we were racing I was taking the middle line through everything to make him work for it. At the first Lesmo I think he had had enough of my nonsense (poor guy) and went past on the inside clanging me into a spin which felt like as if someone had literally cuffed me one.

However - that is life, racing and competition as well. We race to win, all of us. So like if it was you behind me I really enjoy the memory - it was not at all a complaint on my part. Nothing to apologise for at all and thank you in fact.

It's better to pick your battles with it. Can happen often early in the race in leaders spin. If the guy behind is a few seconds faster and you defend really hard it will slow you both down and might result in a spin or spins costing even more time. Ultimately you finish in a lower position.

That's German though :p

The Dutch language didn't disappoint, as it never does to be funny.
For us Germans, dutch sounds super cute with some weird noises mashed up.

It's like I would say in English "The racey was supy yummy, my car was hungry for fights. The pitstop tasted nicey".
You understand the meaning but it's just weird and sounds cute :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Than you probably never heard dutch with a german accent if we’re talking about funny

That's German though :p

The Dutch language didn't disappoint, as it never does to be funny.
For us Germans, dutch sounds super cute with some weird noises mashed up.

It's like I would say in English "The racey was supy yummy, my car was hungry for fights. The pitstop tasted nicey".
You understand the meaning but it's just weird and sounds cute :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I didn't know Dutch sounds cute/funny for Germans. We have that with Belgian dutch (Flemish) :roflmao:

Now I have a slightly off-topic-question: Is there a way, to use existing cam tool 2 files for monza also for the ORSW version of monza? Maybe slightly editing the file? I had a look into it but didn't see anything...
I have no experience with this, but perhaps you could rename the OSRW version to the default one and then use the camtools? Don't forget to make a backup so you can restore after you're done.

I'm realising how important it is to race with blue flags. I've lost count of the positions I've lost under blue flags when lifting off, only to find the car directly behind is actually racing me for position!

I've now installed this...

And it shows the whole track and colour codes the cars....

Green - you
Yellow - car ahead
Brown - car behind

I still got caught out a few times. But it's easier to realise that the cars in your mirrors also contains someone racing for position.

I do find it a bit odd that a car behind, that clearly also has a blue flag, is prioritizing overtaking me when they should be lifting off and letting a faster car through. I suppose it's all part of the skill of racing with blue flags.

In spite of being dumped out of the server at 53mins I still had a great time. I'm four races in now and my stress levels are beginning to lower. Was really pleased with the possibility of my best result. Next time...

I think people need to realise that if they lift to let by the passing car, the car they're battling will have to do the same shortly, so it usually averages out.

As for the map: I'm glad to see this. Does Realtime also show who's ahead and behind? Is it possible to edit the blue flag distance? I always check my mirrors constantly after getting a blue flag, and sometimes the car is so far behind it takes a lap for them to be behind me. It can also be difficult to know who the blue flag is when there's 2 cars behind.

I try to judge the distance the cars are behind and how long I can keep my pace up. I got it wrong last time I guess.

My VR onboard. Really great battles with Enzo and Aki, most of the time with less than a second between next position in either direction :D

Featuring the return of The Most Useless Slipstream Ever™.

I can't find the race results :( - also is it possible to make the slipstream more effective?

Does Realtime also show who's ahead and behind?
It does. Blue flags (people you are lapping) are...well...blue. It also tells you the gap between you and, I believe, three cars behind and in front of you. As for the blue flag notification, it pops up when the faster car behind has a 2-second gap. For reference, Han (HF2000) was 1.5 behind me going into the start/finish straight before he was punted. Glancing in my mirrors and using realtime I could assess that he would catch me on the straight after T-1/T-2 or shortly thereafter around Lesmo. It can be hard to judge but it's a dance that only practice can make smoother.

@Goblin616 here are the results ( Simresults: https://simresults.net/210207-60H )

Last edited:
I think people need to realise that if they lift to let by the passing car, the car they're battling will have to do the same shortly, so it usually averages out.

As for the map: I'm glad to see this. Does Realtime also show who's ahead and behind? Is it possible to edit the blue flag distance? I always check my mirrors constantly after getting a blue flag, and sometimes the car is so far behind it takes a lap for them to be behind me. It can also be difficult to know who the blue flag is when there's 2 cars behind.

I try to judge the distance the cars are behind and how long I can keep my pace up. I got it wrong last time I guess.
The stock Realtime app shows you who's behind and the distance in time. When the car behind is at 0,5 second it's time to step aside.

You're German right?
It's Pedale und Paddel in German... Although the paddles are called "Schaltwippen" hehe. "Shift-See-Saw" oh yeah!

Now I'd be interested in the Dutch translation haha
Hmm, the translation of 'Schaltwippen' to Dutch will be interesting: "Schalt" = Changing gears and "Wippen" = having sex!

EDIT:
Maybe 'schalt' = switch/to switch is a better German2Dutch2English translation.
@neesve @Enzo Fazzi :What do you think?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="RasmusP

I guess I would be totally fine with 2160x2160 per eye then!

With your resolution... I guess you're running a RTX3090?
[/QUOTE]

I have a RTX2070S and I can run the G2 with 60% super sampling. That's about 2k x 2k per eye. 90fps most of the time.
That's is totally fine but when I set SS to 100% for testing it's really crisp. So much better to read the digital dash and see your opponents in the distance.
With a 3090 it could be possible to run full resolution.

To get rid of the blurry image it's better to use GForce settings than CSP in game settings.

A good tutorial for VR users you can find here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=161RrLq-_aWgqed8VDE2Uqs2jWkcyIkHW

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes