AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 7th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great help man, thanks. I think i'll have some testing to do, thanks again mate. I'm going to think about the paddles ;):roflmao:

And to post something useful I quickly added a few more entries into my sheet:
1612800173792.png

Last edited:
You have no idea how much this grinds my gears on a daily basis.
Same goes for brake and break.

Come on guys! Be a little bit forgiving with non-native english users like me. :thumbsup: ;) You can't imagine how often I'm in doubt, which one of such similar words is the right one to use. When I'm to lazy to look in a dictionary, it's a 50:50 gamble. :p

My best ever mistake in this category was typing "beatles" instead of "battles". :cool:

Come on guys! Be a little bit forgiving with non-native english users like me. :thumbsup: ;) You can't imagine how often I'm in doubt, which one of such similar words is the right one to use. When I'm to lazy to look in a dictionary, it's a 50:50 gamble. :p

My best ever mistake in this category was typing "beatles" instead of "battles". :cool:
You're German right?
It's Pedale und Paddel in German... Although the paddles are called "Schaltwippen" hehe. "Shift-See-Saw" oh yeah!

Now I'd be interested in the Dutch translation haha

I was getting 65 fps on my oddysey + last night according to the last session fps thing in CM. I was ok to use but you would definetely notice the difference in the smoother 90fps i was getting in practice server. No idea if it was inserting warp frames or if it was a true 65 fps..

Last edited:
You're German right?
It's Pedale und Paddel in German... Although the paddles are called "Schaltwippen" hehe. "Shift-See-Saw" oh yeah!

Now I'd be interested in the Dutch translation haha
Pedals = Pedalen (Pedaal singular)
Paddles for shifting = (schakel)flippers
Paddle for rowing = Roeispaan

I said in TS "Lewis and Mark watch out!" before main straight... But couldn't say anything more accurate at that time xP
Saw that you two were fighting each other so was hoping that both of you let me pass on main straight so you could keep your own fight fair...

But most important thing is that no one didn't spin so everything is good ;)
Sorry I didn’t hear the warning call. Perhaps crew chief was talking over us. First time using chief for me. Was also having a great race with Lewis so was clearly focused on that part too. It was my 2nd try at passing him at same spot. I don’t recall you being chased by anyone in the replay. regardless, difficult call and see it both ways. Had I heard the warning we could have taken up the fight the next lap. And, like Lewis said, you did close in faster than expected. I try very hard to respect leaders race best I can.

Sorry I didn’t hear the warning call. Perhaps crew chief was talking over us. First time using chief for me. Was also having a great race with Lewis so was clearly focused on that part too. It was my 2nd try at passing him at same spot. I don’t recall you being chased by anyone in the replay. regardless, difficult call and see it both ways. Had I heard the warning we could have taken up the fight the next lap. And, like Lewis said, you did close in faster than expected. I try very hard to respect leaders race best I can.

You clearly had the pace as you got past several times and pulled away. Well done and yes, a thoroughly enjoyable race. Nice to have some proper bumper to bumper, clean, racing!

Being on mediums I'm not sure I had a chance and post race I realised it was me and about 2 others on mediums so probably the wrong move.

Depends on the quality you want I guess. I have to say on my Oculus Rift I didn't really see much difference (apart from my GTX1070 melting) when going from native resolution to 3x supersampling. Locked ASW to have a good A/B comparison. The blurry mess stayed a blurry mess and aliasing wasn't really an issue with CSP's TAA (I disabled TAA and went with 4x MSAA to see if the blurry mess would clear up. Nope... :roflmao:).

I guess I would be totally fine with 2160x2160 per eye then!

With your resolution... I guess you're running a RTX3090?

I am amazed if I read correctly above an example of ACC running on an RX580 on a G2?. For comparison I have a 3090 and a Ryzen 5800x and it runs for me like an absolute dog without a lot of tuning. The menu system maxes out my GPU! it is very badly optimised.

Assetto Corsa I can max most settings but I typically turn AA off or right down as the game will lag otherwise with lots of cars or on certain tracks.

Steam VR sets a much higher resolution for the G2 to compensate for lens distortion. I found it very noticeable in the G2 regarding quality if you turn it down. Mine is set at 3k by 3kish at 100% in steam so 18+ million pixels plus the other frame timing complexities VR brings it absolutely destroys the GPU.

I will probably upgrade my RAM to 16GB in the next few days, but i'm not sure if i can upgrade the processor because of my motherboard (Asus h61M-F).

Could've been me, i had so much overspeed (and @HF2000 1 sec behind) in ascari that i tapped you on the back and spun. I anticipated on you moving out of the way (because blue flag), so sorry bout that.

Please think nothing of it - I must apologise also if I did inconvenience you in the slightest, I expect better of myself. As a detail that might help - I don't recall seeing any blue flag : this was 40 secs before the end of the race on my last lap.

Last edited:
Now I have a slightly off-topic-question: Is there a way, to use existing cam tool 2 files for monza also for the ORSW version of monza? Maybe slightly editing the file? I had a look into it but didn't see anything...

Meanwhile, as an /r/ich_iel browser, all I can see in this thread is:

That's German though :p

The Dutch language didn't disappoint, as it never does to be funny.
For us Germans, dutch sounds super cute with some weird noises mashed up.

It's like I would say in English "The racey was supy yummy, my car was hungry for fights. The pitstop tasted nicey".
You understand the meaning but it's just weird and sounds cute :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It could have been me, but if I remember correctly, I finished behind you a couple of seconds in relative terms, but almost a lap in front of you in absolute terms.. Sorry if you felt me being aggressive, if you remember any specific episode let me know

Nooo if it was you that is great, I enjoyed it - the McLaren looks threatening in the mirrors and it reminds me of the inevitable fate of being overtaken (which I detest, even in road cars) - as far as I am concerned you are supposed to aggressive and uncompromising. The crew cheif kept whispering that you were catching and I knew I had to find a way to keep that McLaren behind for a few more mins (which I did) : it was exciting, scary, I felt alive.The whole race was so immersive - I can't stop thinking about it and what a great start with AC and all of you guys.

The only one incident that was tough happened right at the beginning : another McLaren was pushing really hard behind me and since we were racing I was taking the middle line through everything to make him work for it. At the first Lesmo I think he had had enough of my nonsense (poor guy) and went past on the inside clanging me into a spin which felt like as if someone had literally cuffed me one.

However - that is life, racing and competition as well. We race to win, all of us. So like if it was you behind me I really enjoy the memory - it was not at all a complaint on my part. Nothing to apologise for at all and thank you in fact.

Now I have a slightly off-topic-question: Is there a way, to use existing cam tool 2 files for monza also for the ORSW version of monza? Maybe slightly editing the file? I had a look into it but didn't see anything...
The only difference is that one additional file, which only contains the grid slot coordinates, no actual geometry, is loaded.
Apart from that the tracks are completely identical.

I'd say you just need to the files into the corresponding layout folder and maybe edit a config file?
Never did it...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea