AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 7th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
There is a rule of thumb I apply when buying a GPU. Work out what you think you need, then buy 2 versions higher! It works for CPU too, come to think of it, it works for servers and storage too!

Then again, Hofstadter's Law says that even this wont work
The magic trick - bank accounts gate it! :roflmao:
Hmm, the translation of 'Schaltwippen' to Dutch will be interesting: "Schalt" = Changing gears and "Wippen" = having sex!
Loooool!
I told you Dutch sounds cute!

To be fair I really like my new Porsche 918 rim. Shifting down into T1 at Monza with Fonsecker's soundmod is kinda similar to sex, lol.
(sold the bundled P1 and McLaren gt3 plastic rims and got that one during the black Friday sale +/- 0€)

The group here is great. I raced in the ACC pre-season testing which was fun but less "social". But i want to participate in a league so working hard for that extra place counts towards a season point tally. It's tough enough being in the mid-pack for AC let alone another weekly race in another sim.

I am,
I drive a ******* bl**** rotter of a Lamborghini GT3, and because I keep driving the f*****g bl***y thing and keep spinning the bl***y thing, and keep returning to drive the thing, I am in a state of permanent anger, think I will become German.
[/QUOTE}
Made my day You Rotter!

Since this thread has delved into VR and other technical aspects of the hobby I figure this is one of the best places to ask this.

I am wondering if it is wise to run two monitors for AC. I'd like to extend my view to the right-hand side of the car as I feel this would help with overtaking and looking through corners. Ultimately I would like a wide single monitor, such as Rasmus's photo a few pages back. However, due to a number of things (life), I am not able to have my PC be separate from work and I need two monitors for efficiency. Are two monitors possible or is it not worth it?

As for my system:
CPU: i5-6600 3.30GHz
RAM: 64GB
GPU: GTX 1070
Monitors: ViewSonic XG2401

Since this thread has delved into VR and other technical aspects of the hobby I figure this is one of the best places to ask this.

I am wondering if it is wise to run two monitors for AC. I'd like to extend my view to the right-hand side of the car as I feel this would help with overtaking and looking through corners. Ultimately I would like a wide single monitor, such as Rasmus's photo a few pages back. However, due to a number of things (life), I am not able to have my PC be separate from work and I need two monitors for efficiency. Are two monitors possible or is it not worth it?

As for my system:
It is possible, but the problem here is that the bezels will be in the center of the view if you simply set this up as one super-ultra-wide window.

I think what you can try is to somehow cheat Windows into thinking that you have 3 monitors (e.g. by connecting one of them with two cables). Then you set up triple screens in AC but of course only two (center and right) will be actually visible. It means wasting your GPU on rendering of 1/3 of the screen space for the left-most screen that you'll never see, but it's probably the best you can do with just two screens. Your 1070 should be OK for 3x1080p

Last edited:

As for my system:

Is there a reason not to use three monitors, I know your monitor is expensive
and to buy two more certainly puts you into ultra wide territory.
You could buy two cheap 24” eBay monitor, I think you will have to run them at 60Hz.
No big deal for simracing,
One of the best systems I always bang on about, especially value wise is triple
24” monitorS.:)

Is there a reason not to use three monitors, I know your monitor is expensive
and to buy two more certainly puts you into ultra wide territory.
You could buy two cheap 24” eBay monitor, I think you will have to run them at 60Hz.
No big deal for simracing,
One of the best systems I always bang on about, especially value wise is triple
24” monitorS.:)

If you have space enough I believe it is a great setup, though I'm intrigued by the spatial awareness VR grants. I'll try it out sooner or later.. Currently sticking to 32'' 16:9 monitor as I have to use the setup for both working and racing.

I love VR, but I don’t want to look at pixels, I also want plug and play, it was all the faffing about before a race that really got me down.
The thing I love about, still sometimes gives some grief when one screen decides not to turn on, or the picture shifts to one of the other monitors, is there ability to give a quality picture and 180 deg coverage.
Although I run 1440p super ultra wide, still miss my triples, am really in two minds to go 24” or 27” 1440p now that the prices have dropped noticeably .
Everyone raves about 32” 1440 monitors, I just cannot deal with the size implications of triple 32”, our Barry has said 27” is the sweet spot, he should know.
That then brings me back to VR, knowing me I would buy triple monitors and a new VR headset would come out, the G2 looks very interesting, would love to try that resolution. Then there is the new decagear1 on the horizon.
Life is so confusing on a limited budget. :(

Then there is the new decagear1 on the horizon.
Yes, this decagear1 sounds very interesting but I don't believe that we will get it this year.
It would be a cheaper alternative to the G2 and you wont have to pay extra facebook privacy for it like for the quest2 now.

That then brings me back to VR, knowing me I would buy triple monitors and a new VR headset would come out, the G2 looks very interesting, would love to try that resolution. Then there is the new decagear1 on the horizon.

The G2 is indeed a proper step forward in terms of image quality. I'm pretty sure, I'm not running it anywhere near full resolution and it still looks ok. (Through the lens , comes close to my experience) Screendoor effect is nearly gone. Dashboard, menus etc. are very clear and readable. Only things far in the distance and outside your sweetspot get a bit blurry. Comfort is ok, feels lighter than the Rift1 but it is still a clunky thing on your head. Speakers are ok too.

If you're coming to Vienna anytime, be my guest ;)

Finally, I tried to be better at getting overtaken under blue flags but I'm sure that I caused some slow down here and there, I recall a yellow Lambo and maybe others. Trying to learn something more every race, this was my second one so (unfortunately) the path to being a good back marker is still long.

Just had a look at the replay and basically around minute 37 and on, I first hit @garyb 76 after he spun after the 2nd Lesmo, then have had @Aksu and @Kek700 had a bit of a hard time in overtaking me.. Sorry guys!
On the other hand I think that I had no big part in @Stefano La Commare spinning at T1 after another 2-3 laps, but Stefano let me know your opinion.

This is so great. All the posts, replay analysis, apologys, full grids, new people who drive well.

Sure, currently some people, experienced or not, need to drive a bit more carefully and more gentleman like but overall I didn't have any real incident in the last 4 races and always a lot of fun!

I didn't have a single lonely minute. I was either pushing to close a gap (and actually got closer every time) or I was trying to not get overtaken (got actually overtaken every time :roflmao:)

And when both didn't happen, there was traffic due to the pitstops or lapping or getting lapped.

I love it. Thanks to everyone! :inlove:

As for my system:

C77C8FC92D1D8E123CE0FFDD0236AFC288170A71

I wonder if I would be able to use the laptop screen as a RH rearview mirror and shift the seat settings towards the left to be able to better see the LH rearview mirror.. I'll give it a try :)

I am,
I drive a ******* bl**** rotter of a Lamborghini GT3, and because I keep driving the f*****g bl***y thing and keep spinning the bl***y thing, and keep returning to drive the thing, I am in a state of permanent anger, think I will become German.
But before you take such a desperate measure, you could try Enzo's settings (wings 0 and 0) :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%