AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 7th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Is there a reason not to use three monitors, I know your monitor is expensive
and to buy two more certainly puts you into ultra wide territory.
You could buy two cheap 24” eBay monitor, I think you will have to run them at 60Hz.
No big deal for simracing,
One of the best systems I always bang on about, especially value wise is triple
24” monitorS.:)
No reason other than preference. I don't really like the aesthetic of triples and in my current situation, two monitors are what I have. After my move and acquisition of a second computer for editing I'll be able to reassess and perhaps I'll be singing a different tune.

C77C8FC92D1D8E123CE0FFDD0236AFC288170A71
Thanks for this! Very excited to give this a go tonight. :D

I ran a GT3 car through Highlands and it is tricky, but doable. Another tricky one is Calaboogie. A lot of blind corners, but there are cones for guides. They are going to run real GT racing there!

Had a close look at the replay.

I think it was because I was running a lot of rear brake bias, and as I cannot feel my feet, I think I had just to much braking, I needed to reapply some more brake
to get the nose in, I just over did it at the wrong moment.:(

That rotter @640er was breathing down my neck at that exact moment.

Unfortunately I am just not able control my feet, it is a bugger of a handicap for controlling a car at the limit.
But a lot of people have much worse to deal with.
I was just unlucky that all four tyre were almost overloading as I applied too much brake.
Not something that I can easily eliminate.:):(

Actually last year we did Highlands short on one of the great Monday events organised by @Denis Betty with the Abarth 595, probably the most difficult car in AC. It was great!
I saw them race for real at Misano ! They really are a cool series - 30K Euro a year but you get your own team and car for that - I think they support Italian GT. Denis is a super cool guy :) - didn't realise he races AC.

Had a close look at the replay.

I think it was because I was running a lot of rear brake bias, and as I cannot feel my feet, I think I had just to much braking, I needed to reapply some more brake
to get the nose in, I just over did it at the wrong moment.:(

That rotter @640er was breathing down my neck at that exact moment.

Unfortunately I am just not able control my feet, it is a bugger of a handicap for controlling a car at the limit.
But a lot of people have much worse to deal with.
I was just unlucky that all four tyre were almost overloading as I applied too much brake.
Not something that I can easily eliminate.:):(

It's hard to stick to your own pace when someone in front or behind is quicker through a corner combo or a sector. Very tempting to force it. Kinda have to trust that it will balance out over the lap and you'll catch them or make a bit of space eventually and that they'll be the one to mess up.

Made this error at least 3 times during sundays race trying to force gaps to close.

Last edited:
You were completely right. Under SteamVR settings the resolution was set to 'automatically'. Setting it back to 100% made the FPS go way down. But even with how it is, it looks good and it's nice to know, that if one day GPUs will be available again, it could even look better.

@Kek700 I know you love tweaking around with setups so here is mine for the Lambo. Found it somewhere and really like it. Monza is the only place where I feel comfortable with the Lambo. It's a 0-0 one but feels stable. I ran the same setup in qualy, just with less fuel and missed the 47 by just 0.05...

Attachments

• race-90min-soft.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Very sadly he doesn't organise his brilliant combo's anymore. We had some great legendary ones with mostly vintage cars.
Little waffle/rant since Denis and John both stopped hosting AC:
Back then there weren't automations implemented to keep the threads active with posts.
Now it's on a completely different website with no threads at all anymore...

Maybe one day things will be done like the actively hosting staffs demand :rolleyes:

Would also be great to have the possibility of multiple staffs hosting the same day so they only have to be there every 3 weeks for example.
That's what made be stop hosting...
I think Chris is the only race host without being unemployed, retired, handicapped or mental illness. Or at least I don't enough about him haha.

I can say I was passively studying and had ptsd while I was hosting races :whistling:

Last edited:
@640er will give it a go tomorrow, thanks for your setup.

I can do many laps with no problem at all, it just that one moment, perhaps in
a race, the Nissan as I know you drive, will let me know that something I have done is wrong but just will not punish me for it.
I know that some cars overheat their tyres very easily, Lamborghini is one,
I had to run a whole half lap before the left rear went out of bright red.
The Nissan at a circuit like Monza will cool much quicker.

Without sounding I hope too pompous, my best here is a 47.6 , but I think because of the problems I have I cannot often reliably repeat the fastest times that I do.

i just have to accept that on any given occasion I cannot reproduce my best times, it is a mystery to me. I think it has to do with how my muscle memory works with numb feet, and a numb brain doesn’t help. :roflmao:

Apologies everyone for the wait -- thanks for your patience! This week we're headed to Alton, Virginia, for a drive at the legendary Virginia International Raceway. Come join us for 60 minutes of Sunday racing action :inlove:

@640er

Your setup is very similar, I use a softer front with more camber and less ARB. That means it rides the kerbs a little bit better.
I run less ABS and more rear bias, I can stop that little bit better,
I use TC 1 you 2 for obvious reasons.
I use an asymmetrical setup like you, just not so much.
You run more rear camber than I do, I think your setup for the rear is more secure, mine shifts its posterior more under power.
Same lap times, if I drove your setup blind and mine would be a 100% happy with either, I could not tell the difference.
Never realised what a subtle technical track this is, always assumed it was a wamm bang track. :)

@640er

Your setup is very similar, I use a softer front with more camber and less ARB. That means it rides the kerbs a little bit better.
I run less ABS and more rear bias, I can stop that little bit better,
I use TC 1 you 2 for obvious reasons.
I use an asymmetrical setup like you, just not so much.
You run more rear camber than I do, I think your setup for the rear is more secure, mine shifts its posterior more under power.
Same lap times, if I drove your setup blind and mine would be a 100% happy with either, I could not tell the difference.
Never realised what a subtle technical track this is, always assumed it was a wamm bang track. :)
Monza is the easiest and most difficult track at the same time.
I actually won the first ACC RD event haha. Practiced for that Monza race for a whole week during holidays.
I adjusted TC for T1, then back to more resistrction and then again for parabolica to a different level.
Also adjusted brake bias all the time.
That was intense haha.

At monza you have lots of time to prepare that 2 seconds of braking, turning, accelerating. It remind me of warming up to smash something with your karate punch.
Long preparation and easy to fail at the execution.

You have to be incredibly precise and at the same time extremely aggressive to really mash through the chicanes and on the limit.

When I had my oculus, I've found it to be very useful at this track. I could judge the brake and turn in points a lot better. Not easy to perfectly hit a 40cm wide kerb with a sausage on the inside when coming from 220 km/h down to 60 km/h...

Very sadly he doesn't organise his brilliant combo's anymore. We had some great legendary ones with mostly vintage cars.

Mostly he runs the mod stuff, so you can just use the base game. I have been looking on longingly since Sunday is a tricky day for me to race and I love the old stuff (maybe 'cause I'm old!), but I cannot quite get the settings right in VR and feel dizzy after about 15mins

Racing on sundays is my biggest obstacle, too. :( Everything from Monday to Thursday would be great. But weekends (including friday evening) is the best time to relax for a couple. Maybe my wife and me need another ten years or so to get bored enough from each other so the race day doesn't matter anymore. :laugh::rolleyes:

Mostly he runs the mod stuff, so you can just use the base game. I have been looking on longingly since Sunday is a tricky day for me to race and I love the old stuff (maybe 'cause I'm old!), but I cannot quite get the settings right in VR and feel dizzy after about 15mins
So Denis has switched to rFactor2. I don't have that simulation. I have ACC but I'm not using is because I like the GT3 cars in AC better. But if Denis is organizing combo's that are similar to those on AC, I might join these events. @Denis Betty : I'd like to know if you will go on organizing these rFactor2 events at least this whole year. In that case I will consider purchasing rFactor2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%