AC GT3 @ Magione - Wed 4 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You might want to try the BMW for this track. Turns a bit easier. I will gladly send you a setup if that helps.
If you could, that would be great! I really need to sit down with a good setup and then compare it to default, and then dissect each setting to see how the car handles differently when tweaking. I REALLY need to figure out how to setup a car properly.

I find it funny you say that about the BMW, because every time I try the BMW, it feels real sluggish to me. Weird.

If you could, that would be great! I really need to sit down with a good setup and then compare it to default, and then dissect each setting to see how the car handles differently when tweaking. I REALLY need to figure out how to setup a car properly.

I find it funny you say that about the BMW, because every time I try the BMW, it feels real sluggish to me. Weird.

Hey Fred if you're free tomorrow before the event I'm happy to give you a run through of how to set up a GT car?

Here you are. Two setups, BaseKG is a stable setup for the Z4 that I use as a start on most tracks. I then try to make it fit better and the Base3 is what I am presently using on Magione. Setups can be pretty personal so they might not fit you well but at least you can use it to compare. I have found that even little changes on this car can really make a big difference, things like tire pressure etc. I would certainly take advantage of Chris's offer. He obviously knows how to do it. I'm sure we could all benefit from his help! I might even join you:). This car can seem a bit sluggish compared to the MP4 but it seems to be faster for me in general although not as fun to drive sometimes. Just drive it smooth and use lower gears and it should be plenty of fun.

Attachments

• magione_Z4_BaseKG.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 221
  • magione_Z4_Base3.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 211
OK, sign me up then.

@Chris Stacey - I would love to take you up on your offer! I can be around any time before the race, I will definitely be messing around before booking and will probably log into TS while I am messing around.

Maybe I am underestimating my abilities. It is hard to find a good reference to figure out how well I am doing. On Monday in the EU race, I was only 0.1s off of my best time for the car/track in qualifying, but all that got me was 16 out of 17th on the grid! Maybe those guys are just that good! During the race, I was lapping nearly 2s off my qualifying time and almost all of the guys there were lapping 2 or more seconds faster than I was.

I was just doing a bunch of laps with the BMW on the track and I think I am faster than with the McLaren, but still at least 1s off of the time guys were posting during the EU race.

I'm going to go now and try the setups that Kevin posted. Maybe its my driving style, and just maybe I don't know how to get around the track fast :)

OK, sign me up then.

@Chris Stacey - I would love to take you up on your offer! I can be around any time before the race, I will definitely be messing around before booking and will probably log into TS while I am messing around.

Awesome :)

How about 60 minutes before the booking time begins? And I can spend an hour with you to run you through setting up GT cars, and more specifically setting them up for Magione, which is a b*tch of a circuit! ahah

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back