AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Sunday 26th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Enjoyable race but so many off tracks. Have you considered something like this : https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/pit-lane-penalty-helicorsa.1727/
Its fairly demoralising to try and abide by the rules when every few seconds theres a yellow flag which is someone exceeding track limits.

Also, I got frustrated with IRacing because of the poor standard of driving but at least they have penalties in place to stop what is basically bad sportsmanship - I refrain from using the word cheating, but to completely miss out the first chicane to gain a place isn't really on.
View attachment 366829
View attachment 366830

Please report perceived violations in PM with a video, we don't carry out discussions of individual conduct in the open for obvious reasons :)

Thanks @Chris Down as always for putting this up. First time for me at LeMans :thumbsup: Went for mediums and 1l pit stop. Not a good idea. Felt like a sitting duck at every part of the track.

What happened Simon, we were very close for a while then after I passed you, you dropped way back. Tyre trouble
Really enjoyed that :) managed to gain quite a few places off the start and slowly lose them thru the race haha, was fun with the battles I had, the standard setup was crap my straight line speed was awful.
Thanks for organising the event Chris cant wait for next week
What went wrong? We were very close for a number of laps and you suddenly dropped of the pace. Tyres?

Enjoyable race but so many off tracks. Have you considered something like this : https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/pit-lane-penalty-helicorsa.1727/
Its fairly demoralising to try and abide by the rules when every few seconds theres a yellow flag which is someone exceeding track limits.

Also, I got frustrated with IRacing because of the poor standard of driving but at least they have penalties in place to stop what is basically bad sportsmanship - I refrain from using the word cheating, but to completely miss out the first chicane to gain a place isn't really on.
View attachment 366829
View attachment 366830
Steve that was me. It happened when you was braking very early and sudden and I tried to avoid you by going to the right beside you and missed my own brake point. I saw a few cars pass me and I thought that was including you. Now I see in your first picture that there are three other cars. So you are right. I should have given up my position back to you. I apologize that I didn't.

@HF2000 Aplolgies if i was at fault into the first chicane early in the race. Thought i braked late enough to get ahead of you.

Got completely taken out by some dude after his first attempt failed if it makes you feel any better. Public server behaviour.

Enjoyed the race up until that. Made it through the usual early carnage. Probably struggling a bit for pace but felt a top twenty might be on... wasn't to be.
No problem, Brian. I know it's hard to have full awareness. I use Helicorsa and Crewchief both and although they're not flawless, it helps a lot.

It's been a long time since I managed to enter a GT3 race, so I was happy to be there.

When time had run out allready in qualy I managed to drive my PB with a 3:58:6xx to find myself in P4 at the grid. This was better than I expected, so I was nervous at the start, especially because of my long 1st gear. To my luck the driver behind made a jump start and gave me a push at the right moment to overcome my low revs quickly and teleport me into P2. :rolleyes:

Now I had a few nice battles with @Nik Babin and @Aksu which eventually sent me into P4. Also @Chris Down managed to pass me soon. A bit later @Evgeniy Neytman had a huge spin at the Porsche Curves. I was lucky to drive around him, because my car was very unstable there.

Now I setteld into P4 for the rest of the race and I did all my best clean driving to make no mistake and hold this position.

In the very last lap I saw a spin after the Porsche curves and overtook @Chris Down to my surprise. Now in P3 I quickly closed up to @Aksu , so I noticed it had been an incident between him and Chris. I felt ashamed to pass Aki right before the finish line, but the next driver was closing in and Aki was consideratly waiting for Chris, so I had to grab P2 in the end.

Well..., watching the replay with Chris and Aki playing around for a long part of the race resulting in an unfortunate crash, I know I hadn't catched them under normal conditions. So P2 doesn't feel right to me.

However I feel very satisfied even if my right position was 4th, because I hoped for a top ten in this high quality field of racers.

Grats to the win @erazerr7 and thanks to Chris for hosting this great event!

Nobody:

Chris:
Hey Luca. Just wondering what happened at the start. It looked like you started the race with your wheel locked to the left or something?
The lights went green and within 1 second you were into the side of me. No big deal I had a terrible race anyway.
But it was very clear to me that a lot of drivers tonight had no idea when a car was alongside. I think I had someone turn in on me 4 times tonight. Everytime it was contact and a spin.
Hopefully next week will be a better race.

Referring to @Reik Major post.. And congrats for 2nd place! :alien:
Me and @Chris Down had some private time at the back straight yes :roflmao: that was little bit my fault ;) tried to squeeze him right to edge of track and he tried to go front of me and clipped to my front bumper..... Managed to put himself in to carousel :laugh:
Got so much time to next driver in both directions so I thought I let him past at final straight but we managed to make another crash before the end xDxD

Time after time it surprises me how close front row will get to each other even all of us were in totally different pit tactics :O me 1xsofts, @erazerr7 2xsofts, @Chris Down 2xmeds?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back