AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 9th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
ok I just signed up.....and now I have to sign out again ..already....seems me wife decided we go for a drink nextdoor lol. Woulda been nice if she discussed this before arranging it ! Ah well....next time

well, had a good start and then saw too many incidents in front of me and with some luck i manage to avoid it.
Was in 7th place looking forward for a good race and batle with th 6th and 8th real closing but then i washit on the back and off road.
IWhen came back to race, tires were warm and spun.

I know we all do mistakes, and i do it too, but there are some corners that u realyy shouldnt even consider try to pass.

Myself took foot off in lap 2 to let someone teke meto avoid a dangerous turn.
No fun.

What a frustrating race. I filled the tank and went for mediums, and suffered in the first half of the race only to start reaping the benefits in the second half.

Then I was disqualified by the server for not making a pitstop (just after @Chris Down lapped me), except I did make a pitstop about halfway? I pulled into the pits, stopped in my box, but did not need to add fuel or tyres since I already had enough. What did I do wrong?

Really frustrating as with 10 to go I was running in 7th or 8th, and I feel I've slogged for 50 mins with a heavy car for no reward :(

Then I was disqualified by the server for not making a pitstop (just after @Chris Down lapped me), except I did make a pitstop about halfway? I pulled into the pits, stopped in my box, but did not need to add fuel or tyres since I already had enough. What did I do wrong?

I'm afraid to "pit", as documented at the top before the race, you must add either 1l+ or change tyres (or both). Sorry to hear that :(

What a frustrating race. I filled the tank and went for mediums, and suffered in the first half of the race only to start reaping the benefits in the second half.

Really frustrating as with 10 to go I was running in 7th or 8th, and I feel I've slogged for 50 mins with a heavy car for no reward :(
You have to add a minimum of 1L fuel to make it a valid pit stop

Great race everyone! That's the first time I ever did a faster lap in the race than qualifying in a GT3 event, so I'm chuffed with that. I spent the whole of the first stint pushing as hard as I could just to see if the tyres would hold on, and they did, so I just did it all over again for the second stint. A lot of fun just pushing as hard as possible for 60 minutes :inlove:

Congrats to @Spilskinanka for his first ever 2nd place!

I know it was pretty tough with the heat and the technical track, so next week let's go somewhere a bit more relaxing. Stay tuned tomorrow to find out where it is :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back