AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 9th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hmmm I'm getting around in 1.46s in the 911 - what is everyone else up to?

Trying to work the understeer out of the setup but the car is pretty lively as a result, more work needed before sunday. Think if I can work the bumps and rebounds next and get the car happy running the kerbs that should make it less skittish overall

The fastest i was able to do, was a 1:44.594 in the 488
Consistent between low and mid 1:45

Guys, I believe it's the policy of RD not to post laptimes here. For reasons not to discourage less experienced drivers.

There is a gentlemen's agreement not to do it, but realistically I'm indifferent either way to it. If anything, I think what we've seen in recent months is that posting lap times often makes newcomers more comfortable, not less, since in a lot of cases it's the newcomers asking for them. Making their discussion verboten doesn't help in that case, since they both get told off for asking, and don't even get an answer to their question. :)

Either way, anyone reading this post is welcome to know that it's fine for you to join no matter what lap time you do, and lap times by themselves don't matter, all that matters is having fun :) If doing faster lap times makes it more fun for you, more power to you, but it's not an entry requirement.

For the timebeing, I'm interpreting that gentleman's agreement as "until the race is over, don't discuss front-of-pack times, but discussing midfield times is fine". I can see how alien times might put someone off.

Last edited:
There is a gentlemen's agreement not to do it, but realistically I'm indifferent either way to it. If anything, I think what we've seen in recent months is that posting lap times often makes newcomers more comfortable, not less, since in a lot of cases it's the newcomers asking for them. Making their discussion verboten doesn't help in that case, since they both get told off for asking, and don't even get an answer to their question. :)

Either way, anyone reading this post is welcome to know that it's fine for you to join no matter what lap time you do, and lap times by themselves don't matter, all that matters is having fun :) If doing better lap times makes it more fun for you, more power to you, but it's not an entry requirement.

For the timebeing, I'm interpreting that gentleman's agreement as "until the race is over, don't discuss front-of-pack times, but discussing midfield times is fine". I can see how alien times might put someone off.
Good to know. Thanks Chris.

That is a strange policy indeed. If this is true, I disagree with it.
It can be intimidating for new drivers if they know they are going to be a long way off the pace, when I first thought about signing up to RD I wasn't sure because looking at previous lap times I was worried that i'd just be getting in the way constantly and faster drivers would get annoyed.
That said, it does give you a rough time to aim for (for mid pack times)

It can be intimidating for new drivers if they know they are going to be a long way off the pace, when I first thought about signing up to RD I wasn't sure because looking at previous lap times I was worried that i'd just be getting in the way constantly and faster drivers would get annoyed.

Yeah, exactly. I think it's 50/50 whether it's helpful or unhelpful. For that reason, I'm not convinced organic discussion should be stopped, but I will stop discussion of (let's say) top3 times before the race for that reason.

In general, just be sensible. I'd rather not have to moderate :)

Yeah, exactly. I think it's 50/50 whether it's helpful or unhelpful. For that reason, I'm not convinced organic discussion should be stopped, but I will stop discussion of (let's say) top3 times before the race for that reason.

In general, just be sensible. I'd rather not have to moderate :)
So if someone shatters your laps record, it can't brag about it? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Joking.

In a serious manner, I understand what you are saying. Just be sensible. I usually take my objective by logging into the server. Sometimes I don't find someone, but that's ok, and then when I do find someone, I try to remember how well did he in the last few races and if I am arround there, and then set a challenge for myself.

So AC just updated in steam and immediately afterwards content manager stopped working.

If I click the content manager icon/shortcut it skips the CM interface and goes straight to the standard launcher.

Anyone any ideas how to solve this?

So AC just updated in steam and immediately afterwards content manager stopped working.

If I click the content manager icon/shortcut it skips the CM interface and goes straight to the standard launcher.

Working ok for me george after the update.

Sometimes i get this also. But only once. I exist, and then CM launches correctly

No please, me being one of the also rans would like to know what to aim for
Please tell what times you are doing.
Gives an incentive keep practicing to try to improve.

It would useful for tracks that dont have any youtube vids worth watching ,like Thomson Road.

It's intimidating trying to get near the world record times.

Hey Chris, as mentioned in my signup post I'm afraid I have to sign out. Internet is up and running at the new place and I've wired up the new network, but I don't think I will be able to get my rig set up in time, not to mention finding the time to practice.

Have fun everyone!

Hey Chris, as mentioned in my signup post I'm afraid I have to sign out. Internet is up and running at the new place and I've wired up the new network, but I don't think I will be able to get my rig set up in time, not to mention finding the time to practice.

Have fun everyone!

No worries mate, see you next week :thumbsup:

Guys, I believe it's the policy of RD not to post laptimes here. For reasons not to discourage less experienced drivers.
It did not discourage me, if anything it tells me what to aim for as long as it's not very unreasonable. What's more helpful would be to post an onboard lap alongside it, if you want to discuss lap times. Because watching your speed and gear taking corners can help a lot more to compare with what I was doing myself, that's usually how I can better improve my lap times.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.