AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 9th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was the most carnage filled race i've done, thought it was too good to be true when I set a big PB by 0.7s+ in quali. Was rammed off the track 3 times and also had a couple of spins during the race by myself. Lucky to survive and finish, disappointing so many people quit though

What a frustrating race. I filled the tank and went for mediums, and suffered in the first half of the race only to start reaping the benefits in the second half.

Then I was disqualified by the server for not making a pitstop (just after @Chris Down lapped me), except I did make a pitstop about halfway? I pulled into the pits, stopped in my box, but did not need to add fuel or tyres since I already had enough. What did I do wrong?

Really frustrating as with 10 to go I was running in 7th or 8th, and I feel I've slogged for 50 mins with a heavy car for no reward :(

Ah man, thats a bummer. i was wondering why you disappeared from 6 feet in front of me!

Can't believe that, amazing race. Was awful in practice this morning, binning it everywhere. Only really managed to hook it together in qualifying and was really surprised with the P2, and even more surprised to keep it during the race.

Tyre life wasn't the limiting factor for me, just so focused on not binning it on one of the kerbs that I took it very steady. Thankfully Sheashant and Stefan were battling for most of the first stint so I could keep a three second gap, but once Sheashant got past he immediately closed up on me but I think he had an unfortunate spin.

After the pit stops I had a 10 second gap to Raresh and Sheashant, and I was cheering Raresch on as I knew that Sheshant would catch up to me if he got through. He overtook with about 15 minutes to go I think, by this point the gap was 7 or 8 seconds and I was a bit worried that I had been dawdling for too long as I hadn't pulled away while they were fighting.

It came down to the final two laps when he closed the gap, I was pushing as hard as I dared but didn't want to bin it especially with fading tyres. Last two corners and he almost got me, one more lap and I would have been third, he had much better race pace.

Results here: https://simresults.net/200809-57O

Last edited:
Ha I think you may well have got me anyway. I'd spent 40 mins doing 1.47s I'd forgotten how to go quickly anymore once the fuel came down :D

That can happen alright. I was going to try mediums myself but it was looking like 1:48.5 with the 100kg of fuel so i change last minute to softs when i managed a 1:46.3 in quali.

I had a good race in the end. Started 20th, bogged on the line and spun twice in the first 2 laps due to a brake bias issue. About 5 laps in got my **** together and dragged myself all the way up to 7th. Learned the hard way, with 3 laps to go that catching a gt-r at imola and passing are 2 different things!

Thanks to chris and everyone for turning up. See you at the next one!

AAAA. So good race. The first few 3 laps or so, batling @Sheashant L , @karan733 and later on @Stefan Weber .
In the second lap on the pit straight I've had to get out of the track to not hit Sheashant, who tried to close the door or something ... I still can't belive I've managed to get back on track without hitting anybody and fight further. Quite scarry :confused::confused:

In the second stind, batleling Sheashant, made a mistake in that fast left turn, before the downhill part to Aqua. Took too much curb and understeered on the astroturf ... there is no grip there ... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Dissapointed to give a 3rd place so easily.

oh, and I've had the second most consistent procentage, above @Chris Down . I'll take that as a victory as well :)) (albeit, it's only 0.01% :)) )

Last edited:
Here's my VR onboard, pretty much trying to put in quali laps for the whole 60 mins. I wasn't sure if it was really possible to push all race with the temps, but it turned out it still only got sketchy towards the final couple of laps. A lot of fun :D

Terrible race for me. Crazy start with some people using the car in front as a brake. Was exciting holding it together though.

But then like every other time I race at Imola something just changes in the car mid stint and she just breaks loose. Then again and again.

I'm not sure what it is but it's like a switch. Stable. Not stable.

Congrats to the podiums and to the top 5 really. Great consistency.

Thanks Chris for organising and congrats to the podiums.

Had a good qualy and was set for a podium fight but then made the rookie mistake of being to impatience and spun at the end of lap 1. Had to wait for the whole field to pass until I could rejoin the track and therefore "started" the race from dead last. But going from the end all the way up to P5 was a lot of fun and included some intense battles.

@Chris Down still looking for an easy circuit next week? What about the Salzburgring? I have no idea how GT3 friendly it is but at least it has a simple layout and we've never been there.

@Spilskinanka You've got incredible pace with the Porsche mate. I tried that car too and its got a decent pace but you need to drive it well to push the max out of it. I had a great time racing with you and it's always fair and a good challenge racing with you side by side and congratulations on your second place. Well freaking deserved! :notworthy:

In the second lap on the pit straight I've had to get out of the track to not hit Sheashant, who tried to close the door or something

@Raresch For some reason, my replay only lasted 51 mins and I can see that I missed the first 4-5 laps. So I cannot respond fairly on this. But from what I remember, you were gaining on the home straight coming up to T1 so I moved slightly to the left to go defensive, ofcourse, and I also I think there was somebody else on my right, so 3 of us going into T1. Also, I do know that we weren't in the braking zone yet. I was clearly ahead of you on the straight but if you believe I moved a bit late, then I'm sorry about that. I'll really have to watch the replay. (Please let me know)

During the second stint, it was indeed a shame u understeered into the astroturf and handed me a position easily but after that, I'm glad I managed to pull 3 seconds away. Great drive nonetheless!

Congratulations to @Chris Down for yet another win and a stonking fastest lap time. Also, congratulations to everyone who took part and especially to everyone to finished the race. I only realized post-race that probably half the grid quit before the chequered flag!

Last edited:
@Spilskinanka You've got incredible pace with the Porsche mate. I tried that car too and its got a decent pace but you need to drive it well to push the max out of it. I had a great time racing with you and it's always fair and a good challenge racing with you side by side and congratulations on your second place. Well freaking deserved! :notworthy:

Thanks man, I felt for sure you would get me as I was driving like a coward all race :laugh:

Great racing at the end there for sure, bring on next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for coming out! This week we'd love to see you back at the fast, flowing Road America :inlove:

@Raresch For some reason, my replay only lasted 51 mins and I can see that I missed the first 4-5 laps. So I cannot respond fairly on this. But from what I remember, you were gaining on the home straight coming up to T1 so I moved slightly to the left to go defensive, ofcourse, and I also I think there was somebody else on my right, so 3 of us going into T1. Also, I do know that we weren't in the braking zone yet. I was clearly ahead of you on the straight but if you believe I moved a bit late, then I'm sorry about that. I'll really have to watch the replay. (Please let me know)
It's not your fault. You were in front, it's my job not to bump into you :) I wanted to pass also, if I would have take the foot from the accelarator, I would have stayed on the astphalt.
All I'm saying is that I am glad I've entered the circuit safetly without taking both of you with me and I was right there in the fight again.

Hi @Raresch

I appreciate you making a video to show me the incident. Thank you for clearing the situation as well. I am sorry that I misunderstand your comment.

And yes a very good control when you went in the grass. Good save!
Have a good day my friend :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back