AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 10th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tires are tricky here frank. Your aiming for 26psi on each corner after finding your consistent pace. With all the hard right turns you'll be running the left hand tyres 1 or 2 psi lower than the right. Meds are normally 1 psi higher all round than softs.

Last edited:
Also, what settings are we meant to use? How much fuel? Which tires? Is there a pressure limit? Idk what rules you have set for racing. I'm running Medium slicks @ 17psi w/ 40L fuel.
You need to do a pitstop between minute 10 and minute 50 of the race.
You need to either change tyres or get 1L of fuel to make "a pitstop".

Tyres: use what you can drive. I personally overheat the softs on this track and therefore will race on mediums. I will probably also change them during the pitstop.
Since you're a bit slower, you might be able to use softs without overheating them.
I would definitely recommend to change the softs during the pitstop though as they have more wear..

pressure: for AC I can recommend to always aim for the "perfect" pressure, which is about 26 psi.
Do 3-5 laps and then adjust the pressures to make them be 26 psi.
Do another 3-5 laps and see if they will be 26 psi for the most part of a lap.

For Brands Hatch it's mostly:
Front left: +1
Front right: +3
Rear left: -1
Rear right: 0

Depends on the driving and the car though...

Fuel: You can do whatever you like. I mostly aim for a range of 45 minutes and then refuel for another 18 minutes in the pitstop.
This way I can do the pitstop whenever I feel it would be a good time to do it.

Important is that you have about 63 minutes of fuel (if the leader crosses the finish line with 00:01 remaining, there will be another lap so it's 60 minutes + 1 Lap. And I would recommend a few additional litres to be safe!).

And you need to either change the tyres or at least re-fuel 1L during the pitstop! (you can do both ofc).
Han was 3.4 ahead and on soft tyres, whereas you were on mediums and probably more fuel.

Feel free to try other cars out as you can change your mind up to about an hour before the event. Personally, I'd say go with the one you find most predictable at first.

Up until this race I have been using the default setup for the cars and only adjusting the gears to have it top out on the main straight. This usually means I run mediums. If you do a few laps AC should start to calculate how much fuel you require per lap, allowing you to estimate how much you need for the race.

You have to pit at least once in the race. My suggestion for your first race would be to calculate how much you need for 43 lap and fill up that much for the race, then have a 1L setup for the pitstop. Use mediums and don't change tyres. This way your pitstop will be almost a stop and go.
Instead of taking out the calculator, I can recommend this app:

It shows you the "range" in time. So simply do a few laps so it can calculate your average fuel consumption and then it'll tell you how many minutes you can race.
I always go for 60 minutes + 2 Laps just to be safe.
Would be 63 minutes for this race.

is there a way to choose my car's colour? i'd prefer No. 74 or 75 in the mercedes if possible
Not really with Assetto Corsa, sadly.
You can simply choose from the available cars and will get one of the available ones.

Only possibility is to send your Steam-ID to Chris so he can link your Steam-ID to a specific skin.
But this is manually done and is a bit annoying to do. So if you can safely say that you will race with the Mercedes, I'm sure Chris will do the linking but if you might sign-out or change the car etc, it's not really worth the work.
You won't see yourself during the race anyway :p

Not really with Assetto Corsa, sadly.
You can simply choose from the available cars and will get one of the available ones.

Only possibility is to send your Steam-ID to Chris so he can link your Steam-ID to a specific skin.
But this is manually done and is a bit annoying to do. So if you can safely say that you will race with the Mercedes, I'm sure Chris will do the linking but if you might sign-out or change the car etc, it's not really worth the work.
You won't see yourself during the race anyway :p

We actually have a thread for that where you can do that: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-assigned-skins-thread.180812/

This is then processed by this, which I use to generate the entry list.

If you're going to get blue flagged; I have no hope. You're what, 4s faster? That's huge in cars like these. Am I allowed to still try other cars just to see if one is more suitable to me? So far the Mercedes' have been best for me, but I haven't run them all for long. Also, what settings are we meant to use? How much fuel? Which tires? Is there a pressure limit? Idk what rules you have set for racing. I'm running Medium slicks @ 17psi w/ 40L fuel.
Don't let that gap discourage you. I'm very inconsisting at Brands as I struggle with almost every turn. And your lap times were better than mine when I first did Brands in GT3.

Good choice. :)

E1820D70-26C7-4263-90F7-E6EF2066884B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Chris. I am not certain I want to partake in the race tomorrow - so I think I'll have to drop out. If I'm allowed to continue practicing, I'd like to do that please.

BTW I ran a bit of a longer run and improved my time yet again, but I'm not prepared for this race. I ran a 10 lap race offline with 27 opponents, and it's just too much for me. I'll try the next race depending on the circuit. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Hello Chris. I am not certain I want to partake in the race tomorrow - so I think I'll have to drop out. If I'm allowed to continue practicing, I'd like to do that please.

BTW I ran a bit of a longer run and improved my time yet again, but I'm not prepared for this race. I ran a 10 lap race offline with 27 opponents, and it's just too much for me. I'll try the next race depending on the circuit. Thanks everyone.

The whole point of [RD club] sim racing is to have fun. If the track/cars or online 'competition' makes you feel anxious, then I fully understand why you might not want to race, especially around a tight track like Brands Hatch. I've been there & I'm sure others have too. However, to get over the nerves, it might be worth joining the race, but start @ the back of the grid - staying out of trouble. If & when it starts to get to much just retire to the pits. Hopefully, once you see how the event is run, you will then be less worried about the next race.

As far as I'm aware there are no restrictions using the practice server for premium members.

Last edited:
I always used to start from the back of the grid, nerves, now I am surrounded by too many fast drivers. Unfortunately I now have to qualify.

Rotters
Well with a full grid and me sucking at Brands I probably will not achieve to get a decent qualify lap so I will be found somewhere at the last positions. To be honest, to do this race without going off will feel as a victory for me.

Well with a full grid and me sucking at Brands I probably will not achieve to get a decent qualify lap so I will be found somewhere at the last positions. To be honest, to do this race without going off will feel as a victory for me.

I've done lots of races @ Brands Hatch. Looking back at my RD club history, however, I've found that I've never finished a GT3 race @ Brands Hatch :confused:, so completing the race will be new ground for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back