AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 10th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey guys. I'm sorry, I just don't feel prepared. I know it's for fun, but I can get 'heated' while racing. It's like a personal thing. I intend to drive clean, and I'm pretty good at that (unless something unexpected happens in front of me.) I'm sure next time we come to BH I'll be ready for it, I just don't think I was today. I'd like to be around for the next race though. Cheers.

Thanks to everyone for the nice race! Really enjoyed it! Some battles, getting pressured, pressuring others. Spinning under pressure, seeing others spinning under pressure and then getting hunted down by Chris during the last 10 laps.
Really tried to not get lapped and even set a new PB during one of the last laps with Chris already in the mirrors!

My eyes need a massage.. So do my feet and my hands. This was exhausting :roflmao:
Glad I took fresh tyres during the pitstop so I could drink some water and wiggle hands and feet for a moment :laugh:

Last edited:
Apologies to all for my driving, hope I didn't ruin anyone's race !!!
Nah man, you did great!
Actually a big thank you to everyone who got blue flags. It was nice and clean and barely anyone having to go off track or anything. Felt like real life blue flags! :thumbsup: :inlove:

Sorry Micheal that you had to lift so much when letting me pass while you were hunting down Dave!
I made sure to make Dave lift just as much at the exact same spot a lap later :whistling::whistling:

That was an intense one! Used the 488 at the last minute, hoping to demonstrate that it's just as possible to drive other cars than the 650s and have a competitive result after that discussion last race. I last raced in the 488 about a year ago, so it was quite fun learning the car and working out how to get it to respond again. A couple of pretty bad code browns in the race, but thankfully it didn't end too badly :confused:

I had some more aggressive changes to the setup but wasn't confident enough to do it since I only had a few laps of practice, so I used my Monza setup from a year ago, just with gear and aero adjustments. It was pretty stable at least, but I could feel that more setup tuning would probably gain about 0.1-0.2s in S2 just from the high speed corners.

Nice battling with @pattikins on the first stint, really knew I had to keep him behind since he was on the softs and me the mediums. I went for one set of mediums and roughly 50% fuel at the start, which worked pretty well -- at least the car was predictable. The tyres were absolutely trashed at the end though -- I'm less experienced in the 488, so it felt a lot more sketchy than in the 650s. :p

Also, here's the simresults page for the stats nerds: https://simresults.net/210110-pJ2

Overall, happy to get a good quali and race result. Great racing everyone! There were plenty of great battles I saw as I came through, and thanks to all those blue flagged, I had no real problems :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Guys sorry for the erratic driving tonight. I have been having a lot of issues with VR recently. Even did a fresh windows installation on Saturday because of it.

I thought I had it all sorted but got a couple of blue screens again in the race. One with Ernie and Axel right up my chuff. Bluescreen and I was on grass and lookinging sideways when screen came back.

Then a couple of stutter fest's and loss of tracking. Just as well my stomach is used to vr now otherwise it could have been messy.

Anyway sorry if I caused anyone any issues.

And Stephan that was bad luck that that car was in your line. I saw it and knew I could pass it obln left but you were foooooooked.

That was an intense one! Decided to use the 488 at the last minute to show that it's just as possible to drive other cars than the 650s and have a competitive result after that discussion last race. I last raced in the 488 about a year ago, so itwas quite fun learning the car and working out how to get it to respond again. A couple of pretty bad code browns in the race, but thankfully it didn't end too badly :confused:

I had some more aggressive changes to the setup but wasn't confident enough to do it since I only had a few laps of practice, so I used my Monza setup from a year ago, just with gear and aero adjustments. It was pretty stable at least, but I could feel that more setup tuning would probably gain about 0.1-0.2s in S2 just from the high speed.

Nice battling with @pattikins on the first stint, really knew I had to keep him behind since he was on the softs and me the mediums. I went for one set of mediums and roughly 50% fuel at the start, which worked pretty well -- at least the car was predictable. The tyres were absolutely trashed at the end though -- I'm less experienced in the 488, so it felt a lot more sketchy than in the 650s. :p

Overall, happy to get a good quali and race result. Great racing everyone! There were plenty of great battles I saw as I came through, and thanks to all those blue flagged, I had no real problems :thumbsup:
Nice job Chris

Great race guys. I had some great battles with Scott, Hape, Michael and Partick. Unfortunately a stuffed it twice and pitted twice (splash and dash due to miscalculating fuel). But definitely starting to mix it with the mid field which was awesome while it lasted. I really don't understand why people leave when they stuff it, just repair up and race someone else who as stuffed it!

See you all next time.

Great race as always guys, really good stuff. Glad to have changed my mind and taken SCG but a last-minute aero change is what I'm blaming for spins in T2 and T3 that plagued my race. :whistling:

Was lucky in my pitstop timing to come out in front of @Taj Johal (I believe) to keep P20. Good driving and I'm happy my pit exit went as smooth as it did, really anxious about that one.

Glad to have kept you behind me @Marko77 :D was checking the realtime incessantly for those last 10mins. Good stuff and thanks for the push.

Sorry to @hape and @Kek700 for my blue flag antics. Hape, I should have spoken up on TS (pushed the talk button) to tell ya to go by. Hope the delay didn't cost you too much. Ernie, twice now I've done wrong and taken the incorrect side of the track on you and stole your line. Again, sorry guys.

Looking forward to next weekend and I hope you all have a great week. Cheers, boys.

Pretty intense race. Quali went quite well. Got 6th with a new PB. Then ofc I totally messed up my start, but somehow managed to stay 6th. Had some really great laps with @thom462 who was really pushing. Unfortunately, I lost my first position after the first blue flag where I made a small mistake in the breaking zone. Next lap was even worse. Someone was spun out directly in the middle of the corner. Car ahead was able to avoid, but I realized it too late. Boom... down to 10th place. Battled my way up again to P6 but then I messed up my pit stop. First I choose the wrong strategy, realized it 5 m before the stop. Needed to break choose the right one and then over shoot the stop box. Reverse... After Pit totally forgot I am still in reverse gear :D. Down to P9. After some laps I was P7, but just didnt had the pace to catch P6. Just lost too much time with my pit nightmare. But all in all was a nice race. Track is really getting intense at the point the blue flags start. Was a fun one. See you all next week.

I really struggled to be consistent 3 or 4 reasonable pace laps (for me) then I have total wobbler. The whole experience was new so I was kind of nervous!

I spent most of the time letting cars past and then seeing how long I could keep up with them for. In most cases this wasn't long but it helped me find a better line through a few of the turns I struggled with. I would lose a lot of time in sector 3, its really obvious when chasing others.

I didn't know what to do with fuel and managed to drive through my pitstop to then not have time to get round and try again.!

@GEO147 us three had a great battle going, I was a bit surprised that you went off. The VR explains it, always assumed you were on triples, and still on triples.
I have tried VR, it was and still is a faff, keep thinking of returning to triple, just can’t be bothered. :roflmao: :roflmao:
A really uneventful race for me, for most of it, kept an eye on Axel, he kept catching, I think the back marker affected him more than me.
Every one was really really good, all were faultless, and helped me past faultlessly.
Well done podiums, never saw the front two, they just disappeared off into the distance.:unsure: Was happy with that, a really uneventful race.:thumbsup:
The 650S behaved almost perfectly, apart from a corner exit , which gave me a couple of scares, just backed TC off one notch, then it behaved perfectly for the rest of the race.
I do love a moan, unfortunately cannot find anything to moan about.

Can I ?

EE8657A7-8064-49A3-8BA7-33D55861EF5D.jpeg

no.

Last edited:
Great race guys. I had some great battles with Scott, Hape, Michael and Partick. Unfortunately a stuffed it twice and pitted twice (splash and dash due to miscalculating fuel). But definitely starting to mix it with the mid field which was awesome while it lasted. I really don't understand why people leave when they stuff it, just repair up and race someone else who as stuffed it!

See you all next time.
Man, you are learning fast :thumbsup: !!

Guys sorry for the erratic driving tonight. I have been having a lot of issues with VR recently. Even did a fresh windows installation on Saturday because of it.

I thought I had it all sorted but got a couple of blue screens again in the race. One with Ernie and Axel right up my chuff. Bluescreen and I was on grass and lookinging sideways when screen came back.

Then a couple of stutter fest's and loss of tracking. Just as well my stomach is used to vr now otherwise it could have been messy.

Anyway sorry if I caused anyone any issues.

And Stephan that was bad luck that that car was in your line. I saw it and knew I could pass it obln left but you were foooooooked.

I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but do you have the Samsung Odyssey plugged in to the motherboard? Mine is plugged in to an external powered usb hub & it runs much better than it did when it was connected to my motherboard.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%