AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sunday 10th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm now counting 11 McLaren's. It's great at Brands, I know but almost half of the grid :confused: ? It's tempting to switch also but I declared 2021 as my Ferrari year so no. Going for best of the rest than:D.

People are going to bash me for it, but I drive with hood view... So no rev lights on the virtual wheel/dash. And the ferrari shifts before the rev limit so the car is not drivable for me just because of that... :p

People are going to bash me for it, but I drive with hood view... So no rev lights on the virtual wheel/dash. And the ferrari shifts before the rev limit so the car is not drivable for me just because of that... :p
I think you can adjust the rev limit on Sidekick if you use that. Or you could use Simhub to replicate the virtual dash, but that's obviously more work.

how can i practice I'm still not sure where I'm supposed to go :/ (as you can see I upgraded to premium) I'd like to run on the track for practice (is the mercedes in question the SLS or the GT? I've been using SLS)

Last edited:
how can i practice I'm still not sure where I'm supposed to go :/ (as you can see I upgraded to premium) I'd like to run on the track for practice (is the mercedes in question the SLS or the GT? I've been using SLS)
I think you mentioned you have Content Manager right?

drive -> online -> magnifying glass

enter 'racedepartment'

If you see a little warning sign against the event, then check you installed the OSRW version of brands with the extra pit spaces (check the first post for details)

You can also check the cars on the first post, which shows the car you are interested in is the Mercedes AMG GTR GT3

how can i practice I'm still not sure where I'm supposed to go :/ (as you can see I upgraded to premium)
Searc
Hi Frank, I just saw you on the server. You did great for a new driver :thumbsup: ! No worries for the race. Of course you will have blue flags but so will I on this short circuit. Just keep your racing line and lift a little on the straights to let the aliens make their pass. Be predictable is what matters so no odd movements in the turns.

Well... I did improve, but I still need to work on it and damn it I forgot to save my setup :cry:
20210108174305_1.jpg

Searc

Hi Frank, I just saw you on the server. You did great for a new driver :thumbsup: ! No worries for the race. Of course you will have blue flags but so will I on this short circuit. Just keep your racing line and lift a little on the straights to let the aliens make their pass. Be predictable is what matters so no odd movements in the turns.

If you're going to get blue flagged; I have no hope. You're what, 4s faster? That's huge in cars like these. Am I allowed to still try other cars just to see if one is more suitable to me? So far the Mercedes' have been best for me, but I haven't run them all for long. Also, what settings are we meant to use? How much fuel? Which tires? Is there a pressure limit? Idk what rules you have set for racing. I'm running Medium slicks @ 17psi w/ 40L fuel.

I joined teamspeak... *shudder*... is anybody available? Will anybody else be practicsing tonight? Also, is TS mandatory for racing?

Last edited:
If you're going to get blue flagged; I have no hope. You're what, 4s faster? That's huge in cars like these. Am I allowed to still try other cars just to see if one is more suitable to me? So far the Mercedes' have been best for me, but I haven't run them all for long. Also, what settings are we meant to use? How much fuel? Which tires? Is there a pressure limit? Idk what rules you have set for racing. I'm running Medium slicks @ 17psi w/ 40L fuel.
Han was 3.4 ahead and on soft tyres, whereas you were on mediums and probably more fuel.

Feel free to try other cars out as you can change your mind up to about an hour before the event. Personally, I'd say go with the one you find most predictable at first.

Up until this race I have been using the default setup for the cars and only adjusting the gears to have it top out on the main straight. This usually means I run mediums. If you do a few laps AC should start to calculate how much fuel you require per lap, allowing you to estimate how much you need for the race.

You have to pit at least once in the race. My suggestion for your first race would be to calculate how much you need for 43 lap and fill up that much for the race, then have a 1L setup for the pitstop. Use mediums and don't change tyres. This way your pitstop will be almost a stop and go.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 4.9%