AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 7th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good weathers takes time away from the sim racing. I have just tried this track, but count me in. Someone has to be slow :D. I’ll take nismo

Ah yes, that good weather...

w.png

Welcome!

Unfortunately today I just didn't perform up to my potential in the race. A tough one to take from the high of setting a new WR in qualifying, to the low of the false start and spin.

Really regret not being able to race with you more @erazerr7. You and others push me to work harder every week and that's one of the reasons I love racing with you folks: it really helps keep me sane week after week in lockdown. Hope you folks all have a good race.

As promised, here's my pole lap from qualifying, which I'm still really happy with. Next week I'll come back stronger and certainly with less pressure on my shifter paddle :)

Last edited:
Thanks for organising Chris, great race everyone. Spent some time at the start trying to chase down Miika, I think I was slightly faster over the mountain but then was left in the dust on the straights, the GTR is crazy fast. Nice racing at the end there Brian, I couldn't catch you at all! Also first race without crashing, only a few wall taps :p

Good race chaps, pretty clean considering the circuit. Was cruising along in 20th on the bumper of Mr Walsh when we came across a sideways R8 halfway down the mountain. I would like to say my tyres had gone, but truth of the matter was I changed my rim earlier today just for the hell of it and didn't fix the locking tab in properly. Wheel came off in my hands, car went straight into the wall. Was blocking the track so had to ESC back to the pits.
Thanks for hosting Chris.

Well that was quite a nice comeback;) Tried to pass Mike at T1 but it was a high risk of a collision so i decided not ti completely push the limit. Then Chris had a massive crash unfortunately and had to pit, which meant only me and Mike left for the win. Mike`s race pace was really nice, so the gap was 10 sec the whole race pretty much. This track you need to finish first, so 12sec to Mike wasn`t too bad in the end.

Last edited:
Man, what a frustrating race. This is legitimately the first time I considered retiring -- sure, I did have an off and a spin on my own, but getting Golden Ruled by a Nissan after always trying to play it fair was rather disappointing.

Congrats to the podium finishers, and thanks Chris for organising. I may have to skip some of the next few rounds due to finals, so I'm trying to have as much fun as I can before then :roflmao:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I am sweating ... That was so intense.
So close to 3rd and yet too far away ... 0.3s was not enough :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: ... I've messed my lap with 5 min to go and lost 2,5 seconds ... @Waffen really nice battle at a distance and also close up. so so close. Congratulations for podium.
After exiting the pits I was behind 2 GT-R (@AKI and @alpebo) and I saw you, @Waffen, exiting behind Aki and I was hoping with all my heart that Alejandro will pit first because I knew a GT-R is very hard to pass but instead Aki pitted ... :cry::cry:
@alpebo sorry for bumping into you at the end of the first straight. I've tried to take some clean air, going on the inside and make the aero work, but I still didn't brake as hard as I thought I would and understeered into you. I am sorry.
Then I've caught 3-4 slower guys right when going downhill, after the chicane ... I am pissed at my luck, not at you guys. It's very hard to overtake there so leaving me on the straights was a good choice.
Also, in the last laps, there was a black Ferrari that let me pass right before going uphill. Thanks, mate, whoever you might be :thumbsup:

I still have to improve and do less mistakes. But I really enjoyed it. Thanks @Chris Down for organizing.

Note to myself: Last time I've raced here I had aero 7. This time I had aero 3. Still too much aero :))
L.E.: Man ... I really need to fix that clutch for my G29. From pretty nice starts I have slow starts now because I can't keep the RPM's where they should be only with accelerator :( How do you guys launch without a clutch?

Last edited:
Thanks for organising Chris, great race everyone. Spent some time at the start trying to chase down Miika, I think I was slightly faster over the mountain but then was left in the dust on the straights, the GTR is crazy fast. Nice racing at the end there Brian, I couldn't catch you at all! Also first race without crashing, only a few wall taps :p

I had nothing to loose at that stage so had to the shoe in to try and find some speed!

Sorry to anyone who hit my roadblock just after half way. In hindsight should have done an exit to pit but I didnt realise how stuck i was.

I didn’t join last race because there has been other things to do and I haven’t played almost at all past few weeks. I decided to join today although I did very little practice. My lap times was so **** in practice and quali, but race went pretty well although lap times wasn’t great. What a fight with @FischBoB in the end, that was so intense! Before pitting I tried to catch @marek2209, but then you got away after pit stop. Thanks guys it was fun!

It was my first race and I'm pretty happy as a rookie. The BMW Z4 GT3 is rather stable but between the Bathurst walls, uphills and downhills, the balance of this car had to be adjusted by myself not thanks to setup, because it was even worse by trying to override the oversteer especially in the uphills by trying to change some things with the setup, but by driving cautiously.

Many cars lapped me and it happened well by staying as much as possible on the ideal line and easying up the throttle. There wasn't any issue there.

My qualifying result was 28th and my race final result was 20th. 8 places gained is not nothing. Of course it's very far from the leaders but I intend to continue simracing, hoping that I will get better and better.

Usually during online races I'm very clean but this time I had a few incidents which fortunately didn't alter my car driving.

Good job guys! Bathurst is intense above all at the middle sector with all these walls and narrow space where it's nearly impossible to overtake.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.