AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sunday 7th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for organising Chris, great race everyone. Spent some time at the start trying to chase down Miika, I think I was slightly faster over the mountain but then was left in the dust on the straights, the GTR is crazy fast. Nice racing at the end there Brian, I couldn't catch you at all! Also first race without crashing, only a few wall taps :p

Yeah I was sweating over the mountain you breathing down my neck :D. Those corners is very tricky for GT-R, atleast for me. You kept me busy up there, see ya next time!

Thanks @Chris Down for organizing :thumbsup:

First time for me at Bathurst. Now I do understand why this track is so popular. Had a super exiting race and a nice battle with @GEO147 for P5. Chasing someone through the mountain section is so intense. I felt like in an action movie chasing the bad guy :D Great stuff, hope to race there soon again.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I am sweating ... That was so intense.
So close to 3rd and yet too far away ... 0.3s was not enough :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: ... I've messed my lap with 5 min to go and lost 2,5 seconds ... @Waffen really nice battle at a distance and also close up. so so close. Congratulations for podium.
After exiting the pits I was behind 2 GT-R (@AKI and @alpebo) and I saw you, @Waffen, exiting behind Aki and I was hoping with all my heart that Alejandro will pit first because I knew a GT-R is very hard to pass but instead Aki pitted ... :cry::cry:
@alpebo sorry for bumping into you at the end of the first straight. I've tried to take some clean air, going on the inside and make the aero work, but I still didn't brake as hard as I thought I would and understeered into you. I am sorry.
Then I've caught 3-4 slower guys right when going downhill, after the chicane ... I am pissed at my luck, not at you guys. It's very hard to overtake there so leaving me on the straights was a good choice.
Also, in the last laps, there was a black Ferrari that let me pass right before going uphill. Thanks, mate, whoever you might be :thumbsup:

I still have to improve and do less mistakes. But I really enjoyed it. Thanks @Chris Down for organizing.

Note to myself: Last time I've raced here I had aero 7. This time I had aero 3. Still too much aero :))
L.E.: Man ... I really need to fix that clutch for my G29. From pretty nice starts I have slow starts now because I can't keep the RPM's where they should be only with accelerator :( How do you guys launch without a clutch?

No problem. Just an accident!!

Disappointing race for me. In practice earlier this week I could do steady laps in the 2.07 range and had some hope on the top ten. I had some bad luck in qually especially my last lap which would be a 2.06 but 50m before the finish I ran out of fuel:notworthy:. I started 15th but the car in front of me had some trouble after T1 and a lot of cars passed me left and right. I think I was 23rd after that.After some mistakes I was thrown back to 27th. The rest of the race was catching up with some nice battles and some not so nice battles. Finished 17th.

Thanks for organising Chris:thumbsup: and all of you for joining.

Speaking of joining: @Medilloni has a magnificent combo on wednesday scheduled. It's a beautiful track and also very suited for less experienced drivers imo. It's long (10km) but less stressful than Bathurst. It's with the cars from the LeMans'66 movie so sign up for our own Ford vs Ferrari party:).

Absolute nightmare of a race that one.

First time for me too and although i put it a few hours before the race, its still not enough to tame this beast because I was still learning the track during the race. I was pretty consitent during practise with but come race I just couldnt get in that frame of mind. I was also practising with Medium tyres, assuming thats what everyone will be racing with but come race start everyone was on Softs so i switched to softs too. Come pitstop, didnt even change tyres and by the end of the race I was barely hanging on. I think I was P4 and was hoping to settle for that with a nice cushion of 14 secs to P5 and comepletely lost it as soon as i heard Yellow sector ahead and then it was just a matter of trying to finish in the points (F1 style haha).

Nevertheless, congratulations to the podium finishers and thank you to everyone who turned up. Great racing over all by everyone. And a massive congratulations to @Chris Down for setting a WR during quali. What a blistering lap!

Really regret not being able to race with you more @erazerr7.

So, let me get this straight. You dont regret not being to able race with the rest of us? :O_o::O_o::O_o:

What a crazy track!

My first time out on it and hadn't got many laps in so stuck on my health and safety hat and tried to cruise around avoiding trouble and finish better than the quali of 20th.

Learned some valuable safety lessons around pitting a lap to late but was nicely uneventful outside of the middle 5 or 6 laps. Got up to 17th with guys crashing out and was making some nice time on my last laps of fuel to suddenly having much faster guys breathing down my neck when they came out of the pits. I tried to let jens past at the chicane to avoid a possible incident but what i had feared since the first few laps here in practice on thursday and was trying to avoid happened. Clipped and spun I ended up completly stuck and parked sideway at the start of the esses. I had to wait for someone to hit me to get free, unfortunately at the rear, so i had to drive backwards to the chicane and turn around. Ended up in 22 after the pitstop and nowhere near anyone in front or behind. On the plus side i had nothing to loose and was able to push on a bit and found some better lines through a few corners to use next time.

See you all at the next one :)

I was also practising with Medium tyres, assuming thats what everyone will be racing with but come race start everyone was on Softs so i switched to softs too
I've tested meds also, but being Mount Panorama, I said that most certainly I will hit something that requires repair, so at that point I;ll better just do the tyre swap also.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the race tonight. Was on for 5th at one stage but the concentration went a little. Had a nice battle or two with @640er who was like a rocket on the straights. Nice racing.

I thought there would be absolute carnage with 30 or so cars tonight, but it was actually a very clean race considering numbers and the difficulty of the track. So we'll done to the new guys :thumbsup:

First off, congrats to @Evgeniy Neytman and @Waffen for the podium positions! Also, thank you very much to all backmarkers for making lapping on this track relatively easy, even if there's not too many sports that are viable for overtaking. I recognize that letting people through here is an arduous task, and personally, I would be scared s***less if someone was breathing down my neck throughout the middle sector.

Also, congratulations to @Chris Down for setting a WR lap in qualifying (I didn't think breaking 2:03.9 was possible here :O_o:)... sad to not have had the chance to clash with you throughout the mountain for longer on this one, but I'm sure you'll be right back at it making a couple of us up front sweat profusely (as usual) next week :). I couldn't just drop my pace and cruise, however, because Evgeniy was always nearby to keep me honest, with a really solid race pace himself. Overall, great race guys, looking forwards to next week's event!

Also, bonus meme
put this complete.png

First off, congrats to @Evgeniy Neytman and @Waffen for the podium positions!

I couldn't just drop my pace and cruise, however, because Evgeniy was always nearby to keep me honest, with a really solid race pace himself. Overall, great race guys, looking forwards to next week's event!
Thx :) I`m still relatively new to GT3`s so i continue to extract this last tenth from my 650S :cool: BTW miscalculated fuel a bit, but these cars aren`t very fuel sensitive.Also have to do smth with my g27 because it looks.....never mind:D

Yeah, this track is so f** insane.. very nice and intense race! Had really trouble finding the correct tire pressures and drivetrain settings.. and still learning new things about this track :confused:
Had a few minor "incidents" while lapping other cars, but I think that's inevitable on this track and with that amount of cars..
But wtf happened in the last lap? Jumped from P11 to P8, I think there was an accident between P10 and P9, but what about that car which stopped after finish line? :cautious: Did you think the race was already over?
And as always, thanks for organising Chris :thumbsup: Insane lap time in qualifying..

I had vision of that richard when someone bounced off the wall on the right before braking into turn 2 on the second lap. Miraculously they came back onto the track didn't hit anyone, re gripped and carried on without loosing much time! I was tapping the brake and looking for my hazards button :) On that note fingers crossed for a nice wide track with big runoffs and tyre walls next week!

Unfortunately today I just didn't perform up to my potential in the race. A tough one to take from the high of setting a new WR in qualifying, to the low of the false start and spin.

Really regret not being able to race with you more @erazerr7. You and others push me to work harder every week and that's one of the reasons I love racing with you folks: it really helps keep me sane week after week in lockdown. Hope you folks all have a good race.

As promised, here's my pole lap from qualifying, which I'm still really happy with. Next week I'll come back stronger and certainly with less pressure on my shifter paddle :)

You're going through the esses in 3rd gear?!?!? :confused::confused::confused:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies