AC GT3 @ Bathurst - Sun 19Aug18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Done some laps, man this track is hard xD Just give me a shout if I'm ahead and I'll move over, I'm way too busy trying to keep the motor straight :D

I just had a race with 28AI in VR ...2 screens open ..one screen game/VR the other screen was open with Chrome (8tabs) and TS running, I run VR in 1.8 and med settings - Car/Track high ...reflections low. I use 1060 with i7

I had no issues at all, not one stutter. I only have a 1060 so those with a 1080 should have no complaints, or maybe they should be checking there settings :thumbsup:
yeah two things about that 1) the game is CPU limited meaning my Vega64 barely uses above 30% when the framerate tanks down to the 50fps. So its never the GPU 2) AI offline races hits the game differently than online racing.
What CPU do you have? I am curious to see if you will have drops in the race. I cant manage smooth framerates on my 2700x + Vega64 on any online race with more than 10 cars in VR. Somewhere someplace always dips.

The thing about disabling mirrors, reflections and shadows is that it lowers the burden on the CPU (every thing the GPU draws must be prepared by the CPU first) and those two suckers abuse the CPU. Doesn't help that AC only uses one to two cpu threads only. Meaning my 2700x is basically doing nothing because the game cant use it.

yeah two things about that 1) the game is CPU limited meaning my Vega64 barely uses above 30% when the framerate tanks down to the 50fps. So its never the GPU 2) AI offline races hits the game differently than online racing.
What CPU do you have? I am curious to see if you will have drops in the race. I cant manage smooth framerates on my 2700x + Vega64 on any online race with more than 10 cars in VR. Somewhere someplace always dips.

The thing about disabling mirrors, reflections and shadows is that it lowers the burden on the CPU (every thing the GPU draws must be prepared by the CPU first) and those two suckers abuse the CPU. Doesn't help that AC only uses one to two cpu threads only. Meaning my 2700x is basically doing nothing because the game cant use it.

i7-6700 with 1060 ..but was using forced FPS (45) If I do not use forced, yes I can hit 100 FPS at times but can then drop quickly causing stuttering and minute screen freeze. Obviously one can not race like that with large field of cars, hence why I use Forced FPS. I hope in the near future to upgrade the card, but waiting for next gen which I believe have already arrived :

RTX 2080 Ti

Underestimated how knackered I'd be after doing 12 hours in the iRacing Le Mans 24 hours. We're only half way now (did 2x 3 hour stints so far) and I think it would only be fair to give my spot to one of the reserves. Sign me out :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back