AC GT3 @ Barbagallo - Sunday 13th December 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh sorry to bother you @Chris Down . Thought the Lambo with Monza setup will do it (just by looking at the track map) , but no thats not the case. Can I switch to the 650s pls? There I should find a user friendly setup

Simresults: https://simresults.net/201213-n0D

First of all I just want to say, again, how wonderful it's been racing with all you folks this year. I know for many of us, being trapped inside can really drive one insane, and having these events with all of you has been one of the things that has kept me sane (and helped me know what day of the week it is!). It's been amazing battling with you, watching people improve race by race, and see the banter and help everyone provides to each other -- it's really what keeps me at RD and it's fantastic to see it thrive when it's needed most. Wish you all a very merry Christmas/Hannukah and a happy new year :thumbsup:

As for the race, congrats to @pattikins and @640er on the podium! Looks like you folks had some good battles, and the first stint was as tight as I ever remember! A great way to see out the year. In terms of strategy, I went different than everyone else at the front and went on the mediums with 50% fuel, so I was a bit worried to see the soft army coming for me from behind. Thankfully the pace was there, and while the the end was pretty sketchy (with a few near death experiences in the long right hander...) I survived mostly intact.

I also want to give a special shout out to everyone who responded to a blue flag in this race: there are so many leagues and clubs where one could never run this track with these cars, because people couldn't be trusted to do this sensibly. I'm seriously impressed at how few incidents there were this race and how polite and considerate everyone was with each other. Top stuff! :thumbsup:

There is really no better send off for this year and what this club means than having a track that can jam together all of your mates in the same field of vision as one comes over the hill. Really looking forward to racing with you all again starting January 3rd :inlove:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for...well, an experience. A pretty disheartening race for me at the back. A good start lead to several mistakes and most of the time looking backwards. I'm amazingly sweaty after an hour of intense racing. The cars aren't real but the pressure certainly feels real!

For those quicker drivers, any tips / advice on etiquette in terms of driving under blues and getting out of the way? Should I be waiting for the straights? Should I move to any particular side? How much are you expected to let off? I find i'm so worried about messing it up for the front runners that my mistake to corner ratio nears 1:1 :D

Finally thanks to the few drivers at the back. It was largely a lonely race but at least there was a little interaction and chasing down to keep the concentration.

For those quicker drivers, any tips / advice on etiquette in terms of driving under blues and getting out of the way? Should I be waiting for the straights? Should I move to any particular side? How much are you expected to let off? I find i'm so worried about messing it up for the front runners that my mistake to corner ratio nears 1:1 :D

Personally, I think you did it absolutely perfect, at least from what I saw :thumbsup:

@Chris Down Again thanks for all the races you have organised this year. Every week a great end of the weekend. So thanks a lot.
And of course thanks to you all for joining in these events all year.

And as I may do a suggestion for next year: there's a mod for the Zandvoort 2020 lay out in which the last turn (Arie Luyendijkcorner) before the start/finish straight will be flat out now for GT3 cars. Now I've read that you don't like Zandvoort but maybe you can give it a try.

Merry Christmas and a happy (and safe and healthy) new year to you all.

And as I may do a suggestion for next year: there's a mod for the Zandvoort 2020 lay out in which the last turn (Arie Luyendijkcorner) before the start/finish straight will be flat out now for GT3 cars. Now I've read that you don't like Zandvoort but maybe you can give it a try.

Sounds good! We'll definitely run Zandvoort next year in the first couple of months, once people have warmed up again :thumbsup: Remind me if I forget.

Whatever you do, DON'T bait a divebomb from @Chris Down at the last corner like I did :roflmao: It worked out, but only because I knew he would go for it, and I don't know how much time I saved on Ernie behind by doing that, instead of lifting off-line.

This was a, I am going to make your arthritis really bad, race, could not un-curl my hands after.:mad:

That aside, great race, with a great load of drivers. I have nothing but praise for everyone.

A merry Christmas to one and all, and a special congratulations to well deserved podiums.

@Chris Down, thanks so much for all your organisation over this year. It is really appreciated by all of us.

558B7AD4-45D1-4A39-8472-C3BD9852E73A.jpeg

I know it says 1968,

that was my 21st year.:)

thought I would add an amendment for 1968..

Went where you wanted to go.
Bought what you wanted to own.
Worked at what you wanted to do.
Worked where you wanted to work.
pretty much....

Last edited:
Thanks @Chris Down (and also @Denis Betty and @Medilloni ) for this and all the other events this year :thumbsup: superb job. This community is great and even though it's the only one I've ever raced with, I think there's no better out there. Wish you all happy holidays and a great new year. Looking forward to next years races :)

@doof205
About one year ago, I was at your place and at the beginning of my online sim racing journey. I created a thread back then, you might want to have a look Thread RD
For me, everyone reacted properly and did a great job under blue flag :thumbsup:

Great race as always, everyone!

Firstly I'd like to express a sincere thank you for these past few races. I know I joined near the end of the year but each race has been a highlight week after week. This is by far one of the most welcoming online communities I've ever been a member of and has helped me cope with everything happening. So, again, thank you and I am looking forward to some close races in '21! :D

As for today...

Sorry to the front runners for taking the inside of the final turn...hindsight tells me I should have stuck to the outside. My pit exit was a clencher but I'm glad it was as smooth as it was considering how tight the pack was that I entered into.

Had a great start and an even better time running down @Marko77 before his pit stop. Felt good on mediums with a switch to softs near the end and was able to increase pace. Unfortunately, a spin on the start/finish straight and poor tire management with subsequent offs/spins put me in the rear. Was a frustrating end to an otherwise solid race. Still smiling though and this is now one of my favorite tracks. Thanks, as always Chris for a great combination!

Have a great Holiday and New Year everyone! Looking forward to our next Sunday together, Cheers!

That was an intense race and I think my best sunday race so far. Had a good start and nearly could overtake but backed off not to risk my good position. P5 after the first corners but could regain P4 at the end of the lap. After that it was great to have the pace to stay in touch to @640er and @pattikins for the first half of the race. Unfortunately I was dumb enough to nearly go to wrong pitlane on the left although I practiced pit lane entry several times:laugh:. That cost me nearly 4 seconds and so I was again close behind Andreas after he pitted. As no one in front made a big mistake I finished P4 which is a great result for me especially finally having the pace to stay in the front group.

Many thanks to @Chris Down , @Medilloni and @Denis Betty and everyone else involved for organizing these events. Its so much fun and community is great.
Thanks again and merry christmas in these crazy times.
Cu all soon on track.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Forum trophies