AC GT3 @ Bahrain - Sunday 28th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's a good conversation starter? All the mclaren drivers probably don't want the slagging any more!

You’ll never see me in a McLaren.

6D8865EF-DAA0-43CF-A5B1-06C5582ED53A.jpeg

You’ll never see me in a McLaren.

View attachment 458493

I poached your silverstone setup from the depths. Nonetheless operation glickentractor didn't work out so I've switched to the lambo. Don't think track suited it or maybe I just couldn't get the most out of it. It was fine and stable, no great understeer or oversteer, just sluggish in the corners. Feels like it needs a track with big kerbs to hoof over. Suspension is good on it.

Kerbs are something different here in bahrain. As is the 'sticky' track limits. I do and don't like the power cut over the white line thing. It would be better if they gave you a half metre over the white line to play with. Looking at the F1 today, they were able to run a touch wide out of a few corners we are restricted on.

I poached your silverstone setup from the depths. Nonetheless operation glickentractor didn't work out so I've switched to the lambo. Don't think track suited it or maybe I just couldn't get the most out of it. It was fine and stable, no great understeer or oversteer, just sluggish in the corners. Feels like it needs a track with big kerbs to hoof over. Suspension is good on it.

Kerbs are something different here in bahrain. As is the 'sticky' track limits. I do and don't like the power cut over the white line thing. It would be better if they gave you a half metre over the white line to play with. Looking at the F1 today, they were able to run a touch wide out of a few corners we are restricted on.
Does it slow you down even if you put one pair of wheels over the white line? I still haven't tried the track

Does it slow you down even if you put one pair of wheels over the white line? I still haven't tried the track

Pretty much ye. The kerbs are nasty aswell so you will loose some time if you use them on most exits and apexs.

The track limit thing is good in that you don't spin but you still get a 'penalty' so the car behind can get a chance to overtake. Only driving it in practice since yesterday so just my first impressions. It a big wide track so it's not a big deal.

I managed a 2:00:00 here last time in the Lamborghini, I am sure there is more time for me in that car.
I just don’t have the time to invest in it, to eek out those last 10th’s.

I find practicing for a track I don’t like a bit of a pain, luckily I was here last year, but I still had to do an hour of practice to iron out the wrinkles.

I have had one success with the SCG ( the rest has been, not very successful, I much admire Patrick’s ability to be so good with it, it is a testament to his undoubted ability).

Bahrain is such an awkward track, at least that is how I see it, it just feels completely disjointed, it asks for skills I don’t possess, I am a more of a Nissan wham bam thank you mam driver. The Lamborghini is a more sophisticated version of the Nissan.. :)

Bahrain is such an awkward track
For me this track drives likes this:
Throttle throttle throttle "oh a corner" -> brake brake brake -> 1st gear -> 90+° turn -> throttle throttle throttle.
4x repeating this and then there is one downward slope mixed in and the long uphill righthander.
And to spice things really up, the last 2 repetitions of brake brake turn throttle throttle are in 2nd gear instead of first. Ammmmmazing!

Coming from Road Atlanta it feels completely artificial... Seems like after Istanbul, the Tilke team couldn't think of anything else than long straights and sharp turns...
I am a more of a Nissan wham bam thank you mam driver
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back