AC GT3 @ Bahrain - Sunday 28th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ha! I just realized that i said the exact same thing! Think i need more sleep
To the 'old' guys that are back, we have now on Wednesday's a MX5Cup event on the track where the next GT3 race will be the following Sunday. It's a fun and relaxed way to learn the track. The MX5 is easy to learn and doesn't have much setup options.

So if you have the time, sign up!

How do we use Discord with RD?
If you go on s.gp to the RaceDepartment community, then you see in the upper right corner a discord link.

If you have accepted the invite, there will be a RD icon on the left in Discord. Click on it and scroll down to premium members and then assetto corsa

It's best to install the Discord app because you can then use push-to-talk

Last edited:
I'm stuck with a 2'01" this is sad.....:notworthy: It's frustrating because It emphasizes on how bad I'm at setup and maybe driving :laugh:
As @Kek700 said, you'll be fine. My lap times are sometimes faster and other times slower. I'm very inconsistent because of T10 is blind for me and missing the apex there or going over the kerbs is killing on the long straight afterwards. And I think (and hope :D ) I will not be the only one with that problem.

Last edited:
Got chucked out of the server - another race down the tube : not very impressed with SGP thus far .... :/ sorry - hope everyone is having a good one. Best wishes and goodnight from here, see you all next week.

Sorry to Chris Gonzalez for balking at the last corner in qualifying - I had gone off and the steering was not responding properly and I then hit the brake too late - apologies for that mate. I let you past in the race to make up for it.

Last edited:
Got chucked out of the server - another race down the tube : not very impressed with SGP thus far .... :/ sorry - hope everyone is having a good one. Best wishes and goodnight from here, see you all next week.

Sorry to Chris Gonzalez for balking at the last corner in qualifying - I had gone off and the steering was not responding properly and I then hit the brake too late - apologies for that mate. I let you past in the race to make up for it.
No worries at all! Im sorry you got booted off the server, major bummer!

Great race, everyone. :thumbsup:

Had a fun first stint after avoiding the T1 carnage. Not sure who had the computer issues but you have my sympathies. Thanks for the fight @hape it was a blast trying to keep up and not push too hard into T10.

The second stint was b-o-r-i-n-g and lonely but I tried my hardest to not have @demetri lap me....one lap short! :mad: Despite being lapped it was the first race with no self-induced spins or wild off-track moments. I'll chalk that up as a win. :D

https://simresults.net/210328-Au2 for those interested.

Have a great rest of your Sunday and see you all next week.

Good to be back! It’s been almost six months since last race. I didn’t practice almost at all and my setup was horrible :D. I was drifting almost all the time (luckily I’ve been racing at virtual drifting too :D). Those things considerin it went pretty well, P7. It was so much fun to race against Tim, our pace was almost the same the whole race. Too bad you spun at the end. See you next week!

Really enjoyed that. Great racing with you Cornelius and Miika in the midfield. Shame you spun Cornelius. I managed to spin 1 lap before the finish through turn 6 and 7 and dropped to 9th. My rears were cooked then so I virtually drifted it home last lap finishing with 1/2 litre of fuel.

I Tboned an orange GTR 30 mins in who just drove from sitting on the grass right across the track in front of me at T13.

Thanks to Chris Down and the other guys involved in setting this up.

Last edited:
Good to be back! It’s been almost six months since last race. I didn’t practice almost at all and my setup was horrible :D. I was drifting almost all the time (luckily I’ve been racing at virtual drifting too :D). Those things considerin it went pretty well, P7. It was so much fun to race against Tim, our pace was almost the same the whole race. Too bad you spun at the end. See you next week!
Hi Miika, since you haven't been around lately I want to raise your awareness of our Wednesday events with the MX5Cup. It's on the same track as the GT3 the following Sunday. If you have the time, please join us. The events are relaxed and great fun.

The drifting was impressive I kept thinking you were going to go off but each time you slid it into shape! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not a bad race. I had a terrible first few laps. Headset was acting the goat. Apologies to those involved in my poor driving. .. Need to ditch the swivel chair or improve lighting..... don't think the moving chair goes well with the VR. Got going then and caught up to han but used most of my tyres doing that. Even in the Lambo it was difficult to get past with no DRS so I just followed him to the pits with stefan in hot pursuit. Got the jump done in T4 on the cold tyres. Tip of the hat to the pit crew.
Unfortunately it all got messy into T1 a lap or 2 later and we didn't get the battle that the race deserved, as stefan reemerged from his stop. We were all 7 seconds apart when the dust settled and so it remained for the last 20 minutes. Needed a battle or a further incident to make it interesting. Part of me was glad of the more relaxing second stint. Brought it home with music on, elbow out the window ;):roflmao:

Last edited:
I must apologize to Richard B for my aggressive driving. No excuses. Really sorry. I got hit twice in turn one lap one and lost patience trying to get back up the field.

Good race for me at this circuit, could not match Stefan's race pace, tried my best to keep up, eventually overheated the rear tyres in the attempt to stay with him. which caused a spin and sealed my fate. :(

The rest of the race was just buzzing out the laps and occasionally coming across lone racers like me.

Well done podiums and @Chris Down for organising it all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%