AC GT3 @ Bahrain - Sunday 28th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This track is a typical Tilke abomination and this AC mod isn't great either. The whole surface is completely smooth with no bumps at all, but uphill at T11-T12 feels like a low-poly track mesh and produces some weird jerking FFB effects. Add to that inside curbs that make your car jump, run-offs covered with glue and T10 which I still (after 50+ laps) have to clue how to navigate as I can't see the apex because of the safety net on the left window. Goes right into "Top 5 tracks I hate" category

This track is a typical Tilke abomination and this AC mod isn't great either. The whole surface is completely smooth with no bumps at all, but uphill at T11-T12 feels like a low-poly track mesh and produces some weird jerking FFB effects. Add to that inside curbs that make your car jump, run-offs covered with glue and T10 which I still (after 50+ laps) have to clue how to navigate as I can't see the apex because of the safety net on the left window. Goes right into "Top 5 tracks I hate" categoy
T10 is a killer in this track. It's totally blind for me and the approach is so tricky. This is the main reason I can't be consistent on Bahrain. I envy the guys with VR (without safety net). Well, next week will be easier with one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I very much like this circuit, but I do so hate the model of it. It looks fine, but I think it's been ported directly from F1 2013 - the car gets stuck outside the lines in that game also, but the kerbs are worse!

This track is a typical Tilke abomination and this AC mod isn't great either. The whole surface is completely smooth with no bumps at all, but uphill at T11-T12 feels like a low-poly track mesh and produces some weird jerking FFB effects. Add to that inside curbs that make your car jump, run-offs covered with glue and T10 which I still (after 50+ laps) have to clue how to navigate as I can't see the apex because of the safety net on the left window. Goes right into "Top 5 tracks I hate" category
And yet, I'll bet I'm nowhere near your times and you'll still be top 3.

I'm not the biggest fan of this curcuit as well. It looks pretty bad in VR especially when you can't run it at max settings. I won't have any practice time, so car choice will be crucial. The Lambo is a tempting choice with all those long straights, maybe with my Monza setup +wing.

So much hate......I could run days and nights on this track :p

How fast do you top guys run ? I'm guessing 1'56'' or 1'54'' ?
Hi Jonathan. Nice that that you join us. Just a reminder though. We don't want to discuss lap times here as they can be discouraging for newcomers.
You can go on the practice server when others are around to get an impression of lap times.

See you tomorrow night!

N.B. I can give you one lap time. I think pole position for the F1 will be a 1.28 :p

Last edited:
So much hate......I could run days and nights on this track :p

How fast do you top guys run ? I'm guessing 1'56'' or 1'54'' ?

If I could get anywhere near those times, I would not be kek700, more like, Darth Vader.

d.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm not the biggest fan of this curcuit as well. It looks pretty bad in VR especially when you can't run it at max settings. I won't have any practice time, so car choice will be crucial. The Lambo is a tempting choice with all those long straights, maybe with my Monza setup +wing.

Now imagine what it would like in a lower resolution & through a badly scratched lens :cry::roflmao:.

I had a quick go last night with the Lambo & the SCG - the long straights seemed too short to compensate for the time lost in the low speed corners.

One point about the SCG, it rides the curbs as though they don’t exist, would have been a big time saver here. But I am not aware of the corner cut penalty’s and it’s limitations. So it may not have any advantage here.

Yeah comparing yourself to Chris' world records isn't really the most motivating way of searching for laptimes :roflmao: :roflmao:
You can usually add 3-4% for the midfield and 5-7% to the lower part of the field.

If Chris did a 1:50, you will "have fun in the race" with a 1:54 to 1:57 :D

Last edited:
T10 is a killer in this track. It's totally blind for me and the approach is so tricky. This is the main reason I can't be consistent on Bahrain. I envy the guys with VR (without safety net). Well, next week will be easier with one of my favorites.
Indeed, T10 is make it or break it for me too. It requires a great deal of precision to get it right which is very hard to accomplish when you can't see :poop:.

And yeah, Road America is a great track, happy to see it in the calendar!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back