Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
P8. Could've been P7 but I did not realise there is one more lap :roflmao:

By the way, to the ones that finished better than me. What was your strategy? A no stop? I was fighting for P4 and P3. Then I after my pitstop I dropped to P13 or somehing like that and thought I would overtake most cars when they'll pit but it wasn't the case.

Great race tonight. finished in p6 (obviously helped by some crash of the drivers that preceded me) but I'm happy with the pace that I managed to keep without big mistakes. thanks to the organizers and all of you. always a pleasure to compete together

This was a difficult race tactics wise! Interesting to see that some Mercedes drivers who did a splash and dash still made up some places in the end again :confused: Quite a trade-off with doing that or lifting and coasting the whole race, it surely spiced things up!

Sorry @JamieG I gave you a touch at the Ascari chicane on one of the first laps, I noticed that the guy ahead braked earlier than expected and caught you out as well, hopefuly didn't damage you too much. :notworthy:

And quali at night was on the schedule, but the rain deciding to show up then... that was an interesting twist :O_o::roflmao:

Thanks everyone for having filled a nice grid tonight, hope you all had some fun despite some crashes - let's keep it clean at Laguna Seca this Saturday!

Great race! Thanks everyone.
Qualifying was poor for me in those conditions so started in P17. It was a pretty okay T1 considering the potential mayhem that can happen there. I was slowly moving up and had a nice fight with a black and white Porsche in the first 15 minutes (sorry, forgot your name). Then I got a gap in 7th and the rest of the race was pretty lonely. But then people started talking about fuel issues and I saw several AMGs in front pit and eventually ended on P3. I took a full tank in the McLaren and had 1 lap of fuel reserve at the end so I was stressing a little towards the end.
The McLaren was a little unstable on heavy fuel but was awesome to drive at the end.
Well done to the top 2 on an amazing pace and all the backmarkers for being pretty clean (at least for me).
See you on Saturday.

P.S. @Michael Rudolf sorry about the positioning at the start. My widget was saying I need to move up and I didn't want to get a DT. I was going to let you back past immediately but there were cars everywhere.

What a disaster, turns out all the time I spent during practice trying to figure out a good setup that wouldn’t cook my brakes was worthless, first lap and they were MELTING. After purposely slowing down to cool them with no success, I did a pitstop and went back to the agressive setup. Messed up with the pit limiter, had to do a stop&go... Ended up stuck in traffic with a couple of laps less, with better pace but I didnt’ want to try and pass those ahead of me and mess with their rhythm. Being a “faster” backmarker is tough.

But I did finish. And that‘s good enough for me. Looking forward to the next one!

PS: Wet Qualy was intense... lol

Great race! Thanks everyone.
Qualifying was poor for me in those conditions so started in P17. It was a pretty okay T1 considering the potential mayhem that can happen there. I was slowly moving up and had a nice fight with a black and white Porsche in the first 15 minutes (sorry, forgot your name). Then I got a gap in 7th and the rest of the race was pretty lonely. But then people started talking about fuel issues and I saw several AMGs in front pit and eventually ended on P3. I took a full tank in the McLaren and had 1 lap of fuel reserve at the end so I was stressing a little towards the end.
The McLaren was a little unstable on heavy fuel but was awesome to drive at the end.
Well done to the top 2 on an amazing pace and all the backmarkers for being pretty clean (at least for me).
See you on Saturday.

P.S. @Michael Rudolf sorry about the positioning at the start. My widget was saying I need to move up and I didn't want to get a DT. I was going to let you back past immediately but there were cars everywhere.

That was me in the Porsche - great battle for the first 4-5 laps mate - really enjoyed it

What a disaster, turns out all the time I spent during practice trying to figure out a good setup that wouldn’t cook my brakes was worthless, first lap and they were MELTING. After purposely slowing down to cool them with no success, I did a pitstop and went back to the agressive setup. Messed up with the pit limiter, had to do a stop&go... Ended up stuck in traffic with a couple of laps less, with better pace but I didnt’ want to try and pass those ahead of me and mess with their rhythm. Being a “faster” backmarker is tough.

But I did finish. And that‘s good enough for me. Looking forward to the next one!

PS: Wet Qualy was intense... lol
What pads and brake ducts did you run?

IMG_20200401_234122-min.jpg

I took a photo of the results. If someone had replay or streaming it would be welcome

What pads and brake ducts did you run?

Pad #2 front, #1 rear. Went with #3’s after the pit stop just to be safe.

Brake ducts 2 front and 1 rear if I remember correctly, then changed to 4-2. During practice it was OK but I guess track conditions weren’t the same. Rear brakes weren’t an issue in any case. Lack of ACC experience shows...

Sorry @JamieG I gave you a touch at the Ascari chicane on one of the first laps, I noticed that the guy ahead braked earlier than expected and caught you out as well, hopefuly didn't damage you too much. :notworthy:

NP @Daniel Monteiro your touch was not the cause of my damage. I had to stomp on the brakes and just lightly tapped the guy in front that luckily managed to keep it on track, sorry Almond. But it was enough to cause severe damage since on the same lap, at the chicane, I had a frontal with the McLaren standing still. I honestly didn't see it until the last moment, sorry Matumona. The two cars in front of me parted and I found a nice surprise waiting for me BAAAHHHMMM :confused::confused::confused:
So everyone was passing me on the straights at 20-30kmh more, loosing 2-3 sec/lap. I had great fun anyway with good battles and managed a decent 15th.
See you later guys and you know where to find us in case you fancy some extra races on ACC.
Ciao e grazie / tack

It was me Bart! I was pretty sure you would get a penalty for jumping the start in front of me but it didn't happened :O_o: I was so shocked that someone :confused:penetrated:confused: my beautiful Matte Red Ferrari that I lost several positions just at the start :laugh: NP M8

It was me Bart! I was pretty sure you would get a penalty for jumping the start in front of me but it didn't happened :O_o: I was so shocked that someone :confused:penetrated:confused: my beautiful Matte Red Ferrari that I lost several positions just at the start :laugh: NP M8
I started thinking it could have been you after your last post :roflmao:. Both ferrari drivers at least. I was on the very back edge of my widget so not sure how you were positioned there and I saw the Lambo in front of you was pretty close as well. I was scared it would come out of ghost mode right after the green flag and do some strange collision but it didn't luckily.

NP @Daniel Monteiro your touch was not the cause of my damage. I had to stomp on the brakes and just lightly tapped the guy in front that luckily managed to keep it on track, sorry Almond. But it was enough to cause severe damage since on the same lap, at the chicane, I had a frontal with the McLaren standing still. I honestly didn't see it until the last moment, sorry Matumona. The two cars in front of me parted and I found a nice surprise waiting for me BAAAHHHMMM :confused::confused::confused:
So everyone was passing me on the straights at 20-30kmh more, loosing 2-3 sec/lap. I had great fun anyway with good battles and managed a decent 15th.
See you later guys and you know where to find us in case you fancy some extra races on ACC.
Ciao e grazie / tack
Yeah sorry for being in the middle of the track facing the wrong way:roflmao: an Aston looped me around. My race went downhill from there as I lost concentration and didn’t get very comfortable with the McLaren I’ve never driven before. Also got passed by an Audi and didn’t see the Porsche right behind him. Sorry, Porsche driver (can’t recall your name).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.