Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
What a race! I'm probably one of the only guys who actually likes racing at Monza. :D
Qualifying was terrifying, but I managed to get P14 (which was quite the surprise!). The start was hectic. I saw some guys flashing past me and then @Michael Rudolf got spun in the middle of the track, so had to take avoiding action. Climbed up to P11 the first couple of laps. Later I had a spin after T1 which puts me back in P14. Managed to gain back a number of spots when I hit too much kerb exiting Ascari which sent me spinning off the track. I tried to let it roll to the side, but got collected by someone (sorry, didn't see who it was) and car was almost totaled. Limbed back to the pits, served a 2 minute pitstop and came back onto the track right behind the guys fighting over P7.
I could keep up the pace and was probably a little bit faster. I think I was in @pgreenwo 's slipstream for over 40 minutes of the race. It was good fun for me, but sorry if that got on your nerves. I guess it must have been a little bit too close for your comfort. Well, it was the only "battle" I had during the race. :)
With 5 minutes to go, I lost connection to the server, so I'll switch from WiFi to cable for the next race.
I must say: the Lexus is a solid choice here. I managed a 1.49.x (aggressive setup) during the race and was consistently lapping in the 1.50's.
I'm taking the Lexus to Laguna Seca this weekend!

Last edited:
I must admit, Monza is one of my favourite tracks. Don't know how, but on other except Nürburgring, Monza and Spa, I'm not nearly as competitive and at least 3 to 4 seconds behind the leader.

Well, that was a fun race! I was very slow in free practice, and I didnt manage a good lap in Quali, putting me at P 23 I think. I then also somehow didnt fill up fully for the race and had only 110 L instead of the full 120, which meant some laps of engine mapping 2 and 3 for me, but that was fine in the end. In the race, I was able to pick up some positions due to spin-outs and other small mistakes and I was pretty much always in a battle for position. Fun stuff. In the end I was P12, battling for P11, but made a huge mistake when lapped by the leaders which left me out of the battle and finishing P12. Also funny how my pace was over a second better in the race than in practice :D

I must admit, Monza is one of my favourite tracks. Don't know how, but on other except Nürburgring, Monza and Spa, I'm not nearly as competitive and at least 3 to 4 seconds behind the leader.

Is this while using the same car? Because some cars clearly have an advantage on some tracks but not on others. The twisty tracks might benefit a mid-engined car; the different gearing might benefit exit speed out of certain corners, etc... to me this variety is the beauty of a GT racing season :inlove:

What a race! I'm probably one of the only guys who actually likes racing at Monza. :D
Qualifying was terrifying, but I managed to get P14 (which was quite the surprise!). The start was hectic. I was some guys flashing past me and then @Michael Rudolf got spun in the middle of the track, so had to take avoiding action. Climbed up to P11 the first couple of laps. Later I had a spin after T1 which puts me back in P14. Managed to gain back a number of spots when I hit too much kerb exiting Ascari which spent me spinning off the track. I tried to let it roll to the side, but got collected by someone (sorry, didn't see who it was) and car was almost totaled. Limbed back to the pits, served a 2 minute pitstop and came back onto the track right behind the guys fighting of P7.
I could keep up the pace and was probably a little bit faster. I think I was in @pgreenwo 's slipstream for over 40 minutes of the race. It was good fun for me, but sorry if that got on your nerves. I guess it must have been a little bit too close for your comfort. Well, it was the only "battle" I had during the race. :)
With 5 minutes to go, I lost connection to the server, so I'll switch from WiFi to cable for the next race.
I must say: the Lexus is a solid choice here. I managed a 1.49.x (aggressive setup) during the race and was consistently lapping in the 1.50's.
I'm taking the Lexus to Laguna Seca this weekend!

No worries Dennis. It is hard in that situation if you're a lap down but have such great pace. All nice and clean mate that's all that counts.

View attachment 359402

I took a photo of the results. If someone had replay or streaming it would be welcome

I was trying so hard to catch you at the end of the race, but the gap just wouldn't go down! I had to push extra harder to get a tenth sometimes, and then I would lose it the next lap... so it was a great battle even though we were 2-3 seconds away from each other!...

And I may have stupidly forgot to account for the formation lap in my fuel calculations, so I was one lap too short :roflmao: but luckily managed to coast and sail through the last corner and still on the lead lap, otherwise I would have lost plenty more positions :whistling:

Last edited:
Is this while using the same car? Because some cars clearly have an advantage on some tracks but not on others. The twisty tracks might benefit a mid-engined car; the different gearing might benefit exit speed out of certain corners, etc... to me this variety is the beauty of a GT racing season :inlove:

I would say: exeactly this.

And since I love this huge car (the looks, the sound etc.) I'm pretty much stuck to it.

Finally a 2nd win for me.

Overall i think the race went pretty well. did one of my fastest ever lap times around monza during practice which was like a 1:47.3 (Even with frozen tires) and then was able to take pole in wet and dark quali.
Had a good race but felt i was slightly off my normal pace and my braking points were all over the place at the start which left me slightly worried about braking too late and missing the corner. but all props to @DaveDaBass who drove a super race and really kept me on my toes throughout the race.

Thanks for hosting and i will probably see most of you on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etQbxxQrE_k&feature=youtu.be

How unlucky was this? Not sure who the #5 Mercedes was but I think they realised there was no point hanging around whilst I battled with the sausage! Completely beached and a shame as it was avoidable.

Sometimes when the ride height is very low, good speed can be had, but kerbs shan't be met :geek: it is unlucky, and not something one can plan, really. I think I have seen this happen during a live stream of a real race, so at least ACC is again realistic on this point :laugh: Laguna Seca doesn't have mad sausages so hopefully this won't happen on Saturday :confused:

P.S.: Nice to see you driving properly around the bollards through the escape route Rico, top realism bro.

Finally a 2nd win for me.

Overall i think the race went pretty well. did one of my fastest ever lap times around monza during practice which was like a 1:47.3 (Even with frozen tires) and then was able to take pole in wet and dark quali.
Had a good race but felt i was slightly off my normal pace and my braking points were all over the place at the start which left me slightly worried about braking too late and missing the corner. but all props to @DaveDaBass who drove a super race and really kept me on my toes throughout the race.

Thanks for hosting and i will probably see most of you on Saturday.

I saw you sometimes missing the corner. Those where the moments I hoped to catch up even more. But it didn't happen.

After the Mercedes overtook me I developed the plan that he catches you and you are fighting each other so that I can catch up to both of you.
Don't know what happend, but suddenly the Mercedes was watching into my windshield. So this plan was destroyed also.

But again, was a really challenging race with a lot of fun.

And also from my side, thanks a lot to the backmarkers who left enough room for us.

. Managed to gain back a number of spots when I hit too much kerb exiting Ascari which sent me spinning off the track. I tried to let it roll to the side, but got collected by someone (sorry, didn't see who it was) and car was almost totaled.

That would be me. I went to the outside thinking I could go away with it but it was obviously the wrong choice, I’m so sorry!
I then spent most of the race with you, but it was difficult to be consistent being a backmarker, and you eventually got away.

Well, this online racing keeps on throwing me curve balls. Alas, not of the sim racing kind, but unexpected computer / game crashes. Qualified 6th or 7th in the wet and was ecstatic. I could have gone quicker by about 0.6s but made a mistake in the last corner so lost all the gain made over the lap. That said, my highest ever grid position was enough to make me very excited for the race.

Parade lap, tyres not that warm, brakes up to temp, I was ready....lined up 2 abreast..last corner, edging closer to the car in front, pre-planning the first corner in my mind...and...poof, game freeze!!

I kid you not, I didn't even get a start!!!!!!

I have no idea what is happening - it is the only game this happens in. Total rebuild done today and tomorrow a test race for 1hr 30 mins. Hopefully all is good and I can join again on Saturday for what I hope will be an actual race for me!

Here is the race from my view if anybody wants to see it.

Thanks for that Stream Mikolaj !! I learned alot from that man specially because you where behind me being tad faster and cleaner it seemed. I could see all the little mistakes and the sometimes to late braking hehe.
Go slower to be faster would seem to apply to my racing style there !

As for the fuel, the AMG uses more fuel then the other cars and only way to avoid a pitstop is to lift and coast alot , I was trying the ECU maps 2 and 3 20min into the race but they had little to no effect on fuel consumption but a massive one on performance !
Also my setup didn't like the heavy car at all, so much slower then practice.

Only been racing again since a month or so and every pitstop so far I lost countless seconds, defo doing something wrong there.

So after my pit ended up behind you @Mikolaj Malicki end knowing others didn't had to pit we had to try and gain some positions again. About the dive bomb.... :) it was a cheaky move for sure ! You was so far to the left and the other guy right that during braking I was like...I can make that, I'll sqeeuze in between hehe. Let the brake go a bit and dive in between. You got scared and move a bit which may or may not have helped, replay to check that.

Famous quote comes to mind: Ayrton Senna Quote: “If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.”

3 wide into Ascari after that was intense as well, I thought the same as you....this could end badly but respect to all drivers involved, I claimed the corner and it worked out !

And lastly...I was laughing so hard when you lifted at the final lap !! Monteiro blocked my line coming back on track and I couldn't dodge as that would have caused me to spin/crash so had to ease of the thorttle and that was your opportunity and you would have taken me 100% but...you gave it away thanks for that :p

Again thanks for your stream...good fun and educational..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back