GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
"so, server was fast, update works, everything smooth BUT...i installed it to my modded folder & i'm getting a problem i had awhile back after modding where i can use reiza cars fine on non-reiza tracks, but the reiza tracks won't load.
it seems like a simple fix if i know what files i need/need to replace/remove...is anyone familiar with this issue or does anyone have any ideas?"

I am having this same problem. Any ideas people?

Tried that?

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Yeah, the loading screen is stuck, until I press a Windows Start key (space or enter keys don`t do anything). I get a cursor (blue rotating circle) on screen and nothing happens. As soon as I press a win start key I get back to desktop with a crash dump file note.

1.15 version worked OK.

And Tal, thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it a lot.

Same here, I have to press the space bar or windows key to get out of the game, it loads until the red bar is about 99.9 % loaded! I haven't got time to spend reading bug fixes or threads full of discussions so If anyone's posted a fix, I haven't seen it. I have deleted shaders/ deleted GSC.exe etc, run sync; then cleared locations folder, did other odd things like apply update via RAr files download. Also, I have no 2014 cars selectable for championship, I do have the correct rFM. So far, no Reiza tracks will load, most mod tracks do, not all. I'll have time later to look through all the treads. So thanks in advance to everybody who is contributing to fixes :)

Last edited:
1) O/k, I managed to get it working after clearing shared folder, applying update via the RAR files from Reiza, not via the sync. Then deleting the GSC.EXE, and running sync, it gives a different one. This is needed to load reiza tracks. Clean Locations folder, no mods, only superficial PLR file changes like A.I mistakes.

2)
Regarding stuttering:

However, all Reiza tracks are stuttering, even on lower settings than I normally run, in low, medium, high and ultra, stuttering on Speilburg all versions, particularly around stands, and trackside models. Not checked older tracks from v1.15. Will report if I fix with above directions.

Can't say anymore to help.

EDIT 2, in regars to log FILE, do you mean FIleS or Folders, as I do not have a Log file, just the HAT, Results and RaceCastTrace.txt in the LOG folder. I have deleted old PLR file, and re-synced new one. I will report back.

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, guys.
I have not read the post that recommended deleting the "shared" folder.
I deleted everything and started again.
--------------------------------Hello guys. I have the 1.15 version.
Hello guys. I downloaded the update 1.20.rar, extracts from the root folder of the game, ran the GSC Sync to sync, open the game and that's fine, but when I ask to go to track this error lock appears and I can not play anymore and leaves .
"
Crash files
[C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Local\Temp\gs5\crashdump\GSC4552.dmp] is create
"
Please help.------------------------------------- Thanks Reiza

Last edited:
I have been reading all of the shader/flickering problems (which I have), but I also have car bodies loading over each other at the start of the race. I am seeing AI car bodies over each other and one over my car at the start of every race on every track. On the AI cars the paint scheme even flickers between the different available scheme options available for that car.

We´re looking into it.

If like Kenny you have 1) a CTD on startup, 2) can run v1.15 without problems, and 3) have followed all the recommendations in the opening post, please report so we can look into a solution with you.

Follow Mattross advice
I was having CTD problems and tried most of the suggestions posted here. Nothing worked until I added a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention)

This works. Suggest mods pin this solution somewhere for all who are getting crashdumps.

Reiza, I'm up and running. Thanks for the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back