GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

@hollow @Wedsley Dias @EduMala @Rixx One

Try to press CTRL-ALT-DELETE or ALT-TAB while the loading screen is stuck to see if there are any error messages that yuo can't see. It often contains information which may lead to the cause of the crashes.
Also, do you have to press space or enter to make the game crash and give out a dump file message? Does it stay stuck on the loading screen if you don't press space/enter?

Yeah, the loading screen is stuck, until I press a Windows Start key (space or enter keys don`t do anything). I get a cursor (blue rotating circle) on screen and nothing happens. As soon as I press a win start key I get back to desktop with a crash dump file note.

1.15 version worked OK.

And Tal, thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it a lot.

Are you crazy? You can't be serious :confused: F1 cars use 450-500 degrees. Watch some onboards!

beztytuuo2zuh.jpg

If that's 270 to you, then we have nothing more to speak about.
Seems that you do not understand what you are talking about. Over 360 degrees would mean that the wheel would rotate over a full spin. Which is clearly not the case with F1 cars.

You need to think about this bit more, I'm sure you'll get it.

Seems that you do not understand what you are talking about. Over 360 degrees would mean that the wheel would rotate over a full spin. Which is clearly not the case with F1 cars.

You need to think about this bit more, I'm sure you'll get it.
How about YOU stop being such ignorant and read something about it? It counts for BOTH turns (left and right). "from the rightmost to the leftmost lock point or vice versa". You are counting only one directional turn... Again: stocks and GT cars use 540 degrees, karts use 180-220 degrees, F1 cars use 450-500 (at Monaco), old F1 cars in words of Graham Hill used 600 degrees. It's all out there for you to read.

Last edited:
nevermind hex you can fight ignorance. i hope at least he apologizes

I am unhappy to report that the flickering shadows issue is feeling as good as ever and hasn't gone anywhere. The shadows do seem a bit less "triangular" in nature, now the are more irregular shapes, stains and patches, but they are traditionally pesky and irritating.
Also, a 15-lap race against the AI at Cordoba and those idiots go to the pits during the race for a reason beyong my understanding, given that hey are (or should be) using the default setup with which they have enough fuel to run 69 laps, and the tyres are hardly worn. It has been like that since day one, so the more things change the more the stay the same.

Due to those flicekring shadows GSCE is going out of my HDD, as I have grown tired of it being consistently ignored.

i remember there was an old thread about that. cant find it for the moment. flickering you mean shadows disappearing and reappearing successively?

Last edited:
Reactions: hex
@hex @Petteri Viitala That's enough please, let's not let this get out of hand. Don't hijack the thread with your argument. And keep it civil please, there's no need to insult each other. See our Terms and conditions here. Thank you, I am just saying something before sparks fly.

Reactions: hex
How about YOU stop being such ignorant and read something about it? It counts for BOTH turns (left and right). "from the rightmost to the left most or vice versa". You are counting only one directional turn... Again: stocks and GT cars use 540 degrees, karts use 220 degrees, F1 cars use 450-500 (at Monaco), old F1 cars in words of Graham Hill used 600 degrees. It's all out there for you to read.
Well, you are just wrong. Degrees are from far left postion to far right postion (or vice versa). At no point does F1 steering wheel turn a full turn or more. I suggest you go back to your videos and look at them again. F1 steering wheel does not turn even 300 degrees, no matter how you look at it.

This offtopic conversation is over by me. I already stated the thing that was related to this topic.

i remember there was an old thread about that. cant find it for the moment. flickering you mean shadows disappearing and reappearing successively?

It is here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/graphics-corruption-at-certain-tracks.75861/

Rather messy piles, stacks, or whatever it is of black, blinking and flickering crap. They usually occur after a few minutes, start with single "streaks" which then grow in size and several laps later you literally drive through a pile of this black stuff. Found in areas where there are lots of shadows - grandstands, bridges, buildings, etc. Sometimes a preceeding car's shadow starts to get torn apart, flickers, or disappears completely. Generally, mucho mucho annoying.

Thanks Reiza for the tip, will try it and report.

Tried all that and even tried vanilla install. Runs perfectly with V1.15. Still ctd after update.
Tried using both sync and rar download no joy.
Sure you'll get it fixed eventually. At least I can play the older version till then.

It is here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/graphics-corruption-at-certain-tracks.75861/

Rather messy piles, stacks, or whatever it is of black, blinking and flickering crap. They usually occur after a few minutes, start with single "streaks" which then grow in size and several laps later you literally drive through a pile of this black stuff. Found in areas where there are lots of shadows - grandstands, bridges, buildings, etc. Sometimes a preceeding car's shadow starts to get torn apart, flickers, or disappears completely. Generally, mucho mucho annoying.

Thanks Reiza for the tip, will try it and report.

yeah that one with the corrupted shadows. i suppose the "minus fullproc" command reiza suggested for version 1.20 will work. to get back all cores u need any app that sets affinity. i use radeonpro wich works but since you're on nvidia cant recommend it. maybe NVIDIA Inspector has a similar function?

Tried all that and even tried vanilla install. Runs perfectly with V1.15. Still ctd after update.
Tried using both sync and rar download no joy.
Sure you'll get it fixed eventually. At least I can play the older version till then.

We´re looking into it.

If like Kenny you have 1) a CTD on startup, 2) can run v1.15 without problems, and 3) have followed all the recommendations in the opening post, please report so we can look into a solution with you.

Alright I got two:

Track & Layout Used: Velopark normal (not 2010)
Car Used: Formula 3
Applicable Settings: Race against 23 AI
Report: Car sometimes (about one in three times) will be put upside down on the grid.
Steps to reproduce: Launch race against 23 AI. get on track. Hit space to start the race. Repeat until it happens since it does not happen every time. Edit: Have random grid position activated since it might be related to grid position.
GRAB_001.jpg

The picture shows the position the car is spawned in.

Track & Layout Used: Velopark normal (not 2010) and San Salvador
Car Used: Formula 3
Applicable Settings: Race against Ai or online
Report: Car stalls in neutral(!) right before the start of the race (does not happen in the pits in practice). After spawning in neutral with the normal idle rpm it just drops to zero and stalls when there is no player input. Can either be restarted or the stall can be avoided either by pressing the clutch before spawning or giving a tiny amount of throttle before rpms can drop to zero.
I don't seem to be the only one with this issue and there are probably more cars that have this problem. For more reports, read here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/formula-retro-no-engine-at-race-start.91148/
Steps to reproduce: Launch race against 23 AI. Get on track. Hit space to start the race.
GRAB_003.jpg

The picture shows the rpms dropping below idle rpm in neutral before the start of the race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back