GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.21 on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.21 release thread.

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Track & Layout Used:Interlagos + Montreal tried so far
Car Used:Formula Vee
Applicable Settings:Everything Maxed out
Report:Getting terrible performance on a 10 car AI race, as soon as a couple of cars are visible on screen I'm getting some horrible choppiness/stuttering.
Im running an i7/gtx780/12gig ddr3 on a single screen @1080p. Ive tried with a fresh PLR and with my old PLR file, both act the same. It was doing this in v1.20 also.
edit: just tried running with the opponent detail on low settings and it allows aprox. 5 cars on screen in front before the choppiness starts.
Just tried with f3 and stock cars with all settings back to max and no problems at all, seems to only be the Vee's that are giving me issues.

also unable to select grid start position on single race, always places me in 1st position regardless of selection made.

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used:Austria 2014-GP
Car Used:Formula Extreme
Applicable Settings: Everything on high bar shadows
Report:Horrific stuttering during a test day with 7 AI cars, stuttering mainly whilst watching other cars go round track with replay camera. Toned graphic levels down and still same issue, PC more than capable of handling game and has only occured since v1.20/21 updates. Happens on other tracks with others cars e.g. Interlargos with Formula V12. Haven't tried a race, god knows what will happen!

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Formula Extreme (or any series or modded content)
Applicable Settings: Championship
Report: Points allocation in championship is still messed up. 45 points awarded for pole and a win, when it should be 25 per race for Formula Extreme

Are you guys following the checklist from the opening post (delete LOG folder / creating a new PLR file)?
Yes I tried with my origional PLR and a fresh one and the Userdata/Log deleted, same bad stuttering when racing the formula vee

edit: going to try an uninstall/re-install, if still no joy ill do a windows reformat and clean install.

Last edited:
to all with stuttering, does the intro video stutter aswell, or only on track? on my mashine, it was a hardware issue. the GPU did not work properly. the last day before the GPU died completly it worked again as it should without any stutter, buttersmooth gameplay. and than boooom. total system failure...

I can report that with this newest update, I have intermmitent stuttering back although its lowish, it is ruining any fun, happening espcially under breaking. Tested in 2014 V8, low/medium/high settings, x anisotropic, x1 AA, few differerent Reiza tracks.

Reiza, if it does continue, and a longer fix neccerssary, offer a v1.15 downdate choice ? (Via RAR)

All stuttering is gone after an uninstall/re-install of gsce!
just tried a large grid of AI formula vee in a single race @ interlagos gp with all graphics settings maxed out, PERFECT!! :inlove:

Default view in display options doesnt work. No matter what i set it to it always starts with the TV Camera view and is very annoying.

2 in 1 bug here, they arnt related to eachother though.

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Short
Car Used: Formula Vee
Applicable Settings: Texture: High Player Vehicle: High
Report: Pit Building's texture is messed up when the texture setting is set to high. Formula Vee's steering wheel and tire textures are messed up when not in the Full Setting and happens regardless of track selected
Steps to reproduce: Go On Track

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: Any Track
Car Used: Fórmula Vee
Applicable Settings: Low or Medium graphic settings
Report: When i run the game with low or Medium settings, the textures on the steering wheel and tyres of Fórmula Vee are messed up, and just looks fine when i run in full settings. I'm using an AMD Radeon 5570 graphics card
GRAB_015.JPG

Steps to reproduce: Select Fórmula Vee, go to any track with all graphics settings on Low or Medium.(with an AMD card, i don't know about Nvidia cards having this problem)

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: Any Track
Car Used: Fórmula Vee
Applicable Settings: Low or Medium graphic settings
Report: When i run the game with low or Medium settings, the textures on the steering wheel and tyres of Fórmula Vee are messed up, and just looks fine when i run in full settings. I'm using an AMD Radeon 5570 graphics card
View attachment 62215
Steps to reproduce: Select Fórmula Vee, go to any track with all graphics settings on Low or Medium.(with an AMD card, i don't know about Nvidia cards having this problem)

Yes seeing the same on a Asus DirectCUII GTX 670...accompanied with major stuttering.

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Historic, Buenos Aires, Interlagos 1976, Canada
Applicable Settings: All graphical settings at maximum settings except for Shadows (High) and Shadow Blur (Off). 33 cars visable. New plr file created after 1.21 patch
PC Specs: i5 2500k @ 3.9 GHz, EVGA GTX680 SC, 8GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro x64, latest Nvidia drivers
Report: Terrible frame rate at the above tracks whilst sitting in pits (sub 30fps); frame rate climbs once I've left pit area; terrible stuttering when cars racing in packs of 5 or more. No frame rate issues with different cars on same tracks; something amiss with Formula Vee
Steps to reproduce: Select any of the tracks I listed with the Formula Vee with a full 33 car grid and use the in-game frame rate counter (Ctrl+F) to watch frame rates

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Historic, Buenos Aires, Interlagos 1976, Canada
Applicable Settings: All graphical settings at maximum settings except for Shadows (High) and Shadow Blur (Off). 33 cars visable. New plr file created after 1.21 patch
PC Specs: i5 2500k @ 3.9 GHz, EVGA GTX680 SC, 8GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro x64, latest Nvidia drivers
Report: Terrible frame rate at the above tracks whilst sitting in pits (sub 30fps); frame rate climbs once I've left pit area; terrible stuttering when cars racing in packs of 5 or more. No frame rate issues with different cars on same tracks; something amiss with Formula Vee
Steps to reproduce: Select any of the tracks I listed with the Formula Vee with a full 33 car grid and use the in-game frame rate counter (Ctrl+F) to watch frame rates
I had the exact same problem and after a full uninstall of GSCE and a reinstall (fresh v1.15 then g-synced to 1.21) all the stuttering was gone.

Since the update my wheel is shaking when car loaded into garage, obviously as realfeel loads. Gets real wonky and probably can dial it out but never had this problem before on 4 separate installs. Also not having this problem in other sims so it's probably not the wheel. Have a DFGT. Did a complete fresh install, with fully downloaded rar file, same thing. Thx

Hi. About this:
  • Fixed bug with AI performance discrepancy from quali to race (RaceQualRatio=XX parameter now works in AIW files, lower than 1.0 value will result in slower qual times relative to race, higher values will do the opposite. By default AI should be about 2% faster in quali; remains an issue with AI being too quick in practice sessions

To me the AI now is much faster on the race, than at the Qualy. How can I adjust this?

Im happy to report that on my system ( i5 OC'd to 4000Mhz, GTX590, 16GB RAM, triple 24" ) F-Vee performance issues at Buenos Aires went from 14 FPS sitting in pit at Practice 1 race weekend to 43-50 goes to my locked refresh rate of 60 almost as soon as point down pit lane. I followed the instruction of deleting LOG folder new profile etc. thanks for the tweaking.

however the bug i reported about track "racing line" darker area being brought over from a add in track to a GSCE track is still a happening thing. All i am doing is going from one tract to the other is a testing session, so all settings are staying the same, just changing tracks. to get rid of the unwanted darker areas I have to exit game.
Easy to replicate: load one of the latest updated tracks available here, drive a lap. Exit. Go to Buenos Aires (or probably any GSCE original track) and go out on track and see to difference as per pics

Buenos Aires standard look:
Raceline2_zpsce155db3.png

Buenos Aires after driving on a converted track look:
Raceline1_zps061c98ef.png

Track & Layout Used: n/a
Car Used: Formula Extreme
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: Perhaps this has been done intentionally, in which case apologies for pointing it out, but F1 scoring should be 25 / 18 / 15 / 12 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 / 2 / 1 . In rfm06 it is currently 25 / 20 / 15 / 10 / 8 / 6 / 5 / 3 / 2 / 1
Steps to reproduce: n /a

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing