Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain

Tracks Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain 0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just uploaded an alpha 0.2 version. I would like you tell me how is going. Back straight cover-trees are a test. I dont like them so much... but i have to scratch my head to see how i can make a fake-realistic version of them. ( at original game they are so fake too...)

Quite curious here, what Trial Mountain version are you using as a base...?
The old ones from the past 6 games or the upcoming GT7 version where the yeet chicane is closed...?

Quite curious here, what Trial Mountain version are you using as a base...?
The old ones from the past 6 games or the upcoming GT7 version where the yeet chicane is closed...?

Obviously up to GT6 version. GT1 to GT6 use the same mesh ( more or less), and im trying to reach GT5-GT6 aesthetics ( with obvious mismatches, other textures, etc..).

GT7 is, imo, a crap. They would have reach the same outstanding graphics without changing nothing from the track. I dont like the new environment

@xXxKOKExXx can you please advise if the hot lap start position has been altered? Previously, it was dropping me from up in the air onto the track which was triggering a permanent black screen. I'm a little reticent to test this version as it took a little while to get images back in my Rift. Weird, I know - but sadly true. Yours isn't the only track that does this, BTW, but it does definitely seem linked to getting dropped on to the track from height at the start of a session.
Cheers.

@xXxKOKExXx can you please advise if the hot lap start position has been altered? Previously, it was dropping me from up in the air onto the track which was triggering a permanent black screen. I'm a little reticent to test this version as it took a little while to get images back in my Rift. Weird, I know - but sadly true. Yours isn't the only track that does this, BTW, but it does definitely seem linked to getting dropped on to the track from height at the start of a session.
Cheers.

Hi Mascot, i use Oculus rift cv1 for all in assetto ( i tested it without and with CSP/sol). This track always works fine for me. Simply do NOT hotlap. Select "practice". Anyway, in the next release i will give a while to the "spawn items" to work fine in practice, hotlap, race, and reverse mode ( but i have to change sponsors objects position for reverse mode too). Remember that its a WIP alpha stage. It hasnt got some "walls"/track boundaries so be careful to push the limits.

ooook.. i will add all the track boundaries for the next release too. hehehe

please, try it in vr. You will see this track is amazing with those elevation changes.

thx for your feedback!

Hi Mascot, i use Oculus rift cv1 for all in assetto ( i tested it without and with CSP/sol). This track always works fine for me. Simply do NOT hotlap. Select "practice". Anyway, in the next release i will give a while to the "spawn items" to work fine in practice, hotlap, race, and reverse mode ( but i have to change sponsors objects position for reverse mode too). Remember that its a WIP alpha stage. It hasnt got some "walls"/track boundaries so be careful to push the limits.

ooook.. i will add all the track boundaries for the next release too. hehehe

please, try it in vr. You will see this track is amazing with those elevation changes.

thx for your feedback!
Thanks, yeah it's definitely a weird one this blackscreen issue. I only know of one other person gets affected the same way, and they don't use VR.
I'll test it now in 'practice' mode.
Cheers.

Dont stop

BxDhJKI.jpg

UAmjKGI.jpg

The trees on the long back straight make the hump out of the tunnel look correct now. My gut feeling is that the bump on the first corner isn't quite right - it feels too wide so that both sides of the car jump, where on GT I'm sure it used to only bounce the inside wheel over it. Absolutely fantastic so far though

The trees on the long back straight make the hump out of the tunnel look correct now. My gut feeling is that the bump on the first corner isn't quite right - it feels too wide so that both sides of the car jump, where on GT I'm sure it used to only bounce the inside wheel over it. Absolutely fantastic so far though

Hi! thx for the feedback. Please, make me a picture/paint with your explanation. I didnt understand well what did you mean.

about those trees. I think they look so weird. Only for test. Its difficult to make a deep cover without trillions of polys hehehhe

As you turn into the first corner, on GT the car only bounces on the inside that touches the apex kerb. On this version of TM, the car bounces on the right side as well and completely leaves the ground if that makes any sense

As you turn into the first corner, on GT the car only bounces on the inside that touches the apex kerb. On this version of TM, the car bounces on the right side as well and completely leaves the ground if that makes any sense

you mean this first corner, dont you? i know GT1-GT2 was more agressive on this corner. I kept a bit of this behaviour i think. I polished the grass side ( on GT1, left side grass had a huge elevation bump that affects the track too)

Lv2VbiF.jpg

but if you think its still too agressive, i will smooth it a bit.

you mean this first corner, dont you? i know GT1-GT2 was more agressive on this corner. I kept a bit of this behaviour i think. I polished the grass side ( on GT1, left side grass had a huge elevation bump that affects the track too)

Lv2VbiF.jpg

but if you think its still too agressive, i will smooth it a bit.
Yeah, the bump isn't fierce enough to make the entire car jump, and its definitely bigger on the kerb side. I think the track itself is largely smooth at this point. I can only find a GT3 video I made to show -

A while ago I was able to extract the collision models of many classic GT tracks from the unused data inside GT6. I have road collision data for Trial Mountain, as well as some others like Grand Valley, Seattle, and Apricot Hill. Let me know if these will be of some use to you as references and I can send them over!
trial mountain.jpg

Last edited:
A while ago I was able to extract the collision models of many classic GT tracks from the unused data inside GT6. I have road collision data for Trial Mountain, as well as some others like Grand Valley, Seattle, and Apricot Hill. Let me know if these will be of some use to you as references and I can send them over!
View attachment 387338

WTF ????? how you did it¿?? i tried that thing months ago and i reached nothing. Please, send me ALL of them. Those are a gem we must have for future projects. woah, we would have GT projects for years! excellent!

View attachment 387338
1:1 road meshes of all the old GT tracks allowing for super-accurate track mods to drive in VR?
Manna from sim racing heaven.

1:1 road meshes of all the old GT tracks allowing for super-accurate track mods to drive in VR?
Manna from sim racing heaven.

Actually, if i think what he did, maybe those meshes arent 1:1 ( like the meshes i had from GT1) but knowing the real length of the track, its "easy" to set the correct measurements to get the correct scale. Uff im so nervous, i want those meshes right noooowwww. Those are gems for future projects

Btw, did you finally tried this trial mountain in vr? did it work for you at "practice" mode?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.