Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain

Tracks Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain 0.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
xXxKOKExXx submitted a new resource:

Gran Turismo - Trial Mountain - One of the original iconic tracks from GT series.

Hi all,

--------------------- alpha 0.1 state ------------

since some guys asked me to drive this early state version, i will open here this resource to keep updating this fantastic track.

First of all, it is a non playable version yet. You can drive on it to take a look how is going, but you can "fall to hell" in several zones. There is no ai, there are no trees, there is no nothing hahaha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs:

This track is made...

Read more about this resource...

oh! im here years ago and i didnt know this "discussion" tab is an automatically created forum thread about the resource i updated, hahaha lol.

ok, i will upload here too the improvements i will making

oh! im here years ago and i didnt know this "discussion" tab is an automatically created forum thread about the resource i updated, hahaha lol.

ok, i will upload here too the improvements i will making
in the meantime, i read "This track is made by scratch"
just make sure you don't use any assets from the existing track or you might not be allowed to post that here :)
that includes mesh and textures

other than that, good luck with this project !

in the meantime, i read "This track is made by scratch"
just make sure you don't use any assets from the existing track or you might not be allowed to post that here :)
that includes mesh and textures

other than that, good luck with this project !

zero. I only has the old gran turismo 1 road mesh ( vertex info) and , like i saw at my "practice conversion" of deep forest, its unplayable to use it. But i can use it as a guide to generate a smooth high poly road, sculpting "here and there" to get the same shape, uphills, downhills.. And obviously im not going to use an old gran turismo 1 texture hahaha.

dont worry, i did all by hand ( its the reason im soo slowly with this...). For other hand, i have to say that Sony itself extrude all the terrain/fences next to road from the main road mesh, so that things will seem "so original" ( its good, more easy to copy for me) although i had to use my "eye meter" to reach an aproximation of their height-width.

stay tunned!

This week i was re-doing the "next to road" grass, to can match with the kerbs was missing in the middle-last part of the track. So i did all the missing kerbs too.

I add more subdivisions at some corners to reach a much more smooth visual. I change the "concrete-fence" wall texture, and i did the last part of it. I did (but i have to continue) more mountains/cliffs zones.

Then, i will give some love to the bridges ( i only did well the first bridge, the rest was put only for visual position) and i will start with the principal straight zone.

This week i found a huge visual help. I spent one a whole day to make possible to run GT5 game into the PS3 emulator. Up today, i only had youtube videos an some photos to see how was done modern Trial Mountain. Now, in despite of a bunch of errors of the emulator, at least i can play "photo mode" to fly arround the track and see more details of the track. For example, i could see that Sony used a lot of fake tree walls ( nowadays i cant use them so freely... it seems too "old" for nowadays graphics. So i have to use a lot of trees XD

i hope today or tomorrow i can upload this week updates, and some pics.

Sorry guys, finally, this weekend i have been out of home so i couldnt continue the work on this.

These are "up to friday" pics:

KCkoZIA.jpg

YquSbAc.jpg

UneNpkP.jpg

UfheunI.jpg

JUIaNpN.jpg

To the person who made this ...
You are hero! you almost made me cry ... you have made possible to combine 2 of my personal favorite things .. Assetto corsa feel in the wheel & trail Mountain. Thank you!

Hi again,

last week i did only few adjustments. However, this week im doing things. I finish last corners kerbs, and i finally decided to use that texture for concrete walls next to rocks

wrCKNha.jpg

and im doing the bridges (3 ) and grades. Then i will search sponsors textures and place all of them.

39Et1Dz.jpg

hghnseH.jpg

vMC0LRS.jpg

byeeee

what version of the track are you doing i can probably help with these.

im trying to replicate GT5/GT6 sponsors version. This morning i was searching all the logos to create the big "sponsors" texture (all in one). But, in despite of i have all the logos, i dont know how to make the "rough" effect for each one. I will try some things. or if you are a master of photoshop, i can send to you all the logos i just downloaded.

im trying to replicate GT5/GT6 sponsors version. This morning i was searching all the logos to create the big "sponsors" texture (all in one). But, in despite of i have all the logos, i dont know how to make the "rough" effect for each one. I will try some things. or if you are a master of photoshop, i can send to you all the logos i just downloaded.
Getting stuff off textures.com is kind of where youre gonna be looking for, also a tip that nobody seems to follow is that you cant use the original pure white/pure black everything has to be muted or else it looks like you stuck a jpg onto the side of the road. mute colors by about 15% and itll start to blend into the environment

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%